PDA

View Full Version : Going to ?

dm_gsxr
Mon Mar 26th, 2007, 03:17 PM
I have three weeks off in June.

1. Key West - Visit friends and family in Virginia and Florida and maybe stop in and chat with co workers. Big bugs, 100% humidity, east coast traffic...

2. Alaska - Wanted to go a couple of years back but had to cut it short as money was a tad tight. Much better this year. Visit family on the way back (daughter in Portland). Less traffic (well maybe the old timers in the RV's).

3. Tool around Montana and Idaho. Visit daughter anyway. Lots of camping. What to see, what to see? Got to get into the shorter stop and look touring. I'm more of a "let's go see Key West" rider and will stop on the way :)

I'm leaning towards Alaska. I visited the East Coast last year and the West coast the previous two years.

Carl

schnorbitz
Mon Mar 26th, 2007, 08:39 PM
Alaska would be my choice hands down

The Rocketeer
Sat Mar 31st, 2007, 07:47 PM
I vote Alaska. If you want a travelling buddy at least part of the time, I might be planning a trip to Vancouver.

dm_gsxr
Sat Mar 31st, 2007, 09:12 PM
I think I've decided on Alaska. Vancouver is on the way back though, sorry. I'm attending the sport-touring.net national in Custer on the 12th and 13th. On Saturday I'll be heading out towards Yellowstone, over Bear Tooth Pass to The Medicine Wheel in Wyoming. Probably stops in Yellowstone for two nights, Medicine Wheel for one night, Custer and then north to Jasper/Banff and points north.

Thanks though :)

Carl

pilot
Sat Mar 31st, 2007, 09:26 PM
Hey Carl,

A friend and I look to be doing 3-5k and might be going in June. Is this event in Custer open for drop ins, etc.

schnorbitz
Tue Apr 3rd, 2007, 08:31 AM
Hey Carl,

A friend and I look to be doing 3-5k and might be going in June. Is this event in Custer open for drop ins, etc.

You can come to Europe with me. You'd have 5k miles under your belt before you even got on your bike :)