PDA

View Full Version : Ride pace and safety...

Chris
Mon Mar 26th, 2007, 09:24 PM
After almost getting taken out (crashed into) by someone early on one of the first rides of the season i would like to say somthing.

Ride at what ever speed you want but don't fucking push it. I don't want to be taken out in a crash and I really want everyone to be safe and have fun this summer. Pass safe with cars and bikes.

Chris - :turtle:

Brizz
Mon Mar 26th, 2007, 09:25 PM
What is safty? Is it like Safety?

Chris
Mon Mar 26th, 2007, 09:27 PM
Too fast for me...

(and i did the edit before i saw your post)

Brizz
Mon Mar 26th, 2007, 09:28 PM
Its cool i had your point i was just being a prick as usual....LOL

eklew
Tue Mar 27th, 2007, 09:41 AM
You mean the canyons aren't a race track? j/k
Be Safe out there!

McVaaahhh
Tue Mar 27th, 2007, 12:41 PM
This comes up quit a bit every year, and I think the constant reminder is ride whatever pace you feel most comfortable with. A couple weeks ago I was on a very "spirited" ride and they wanted to go much faster then I did. I just nestled in at the back of the pack and caught up with them a minute after they arrived at the next stop.

Don't worry about what everyone thinks about your speed. I don't think anyone on this board has ever thought "God that guy is slow, he's got no business on this ride." But I have HEARD people say, "That guy rides out of control and I don't ever want to ride with him again."

You'll look like more of an asshole if you are riding like a jackass trying to keep up with everyone than you will if they've got to wait for you for one minute at the next turn off.

I can't speak for everyone else, but you'll really piss me off if I've got to cut short my ride because you stuffed yourself trying to keep up and now we've all got to play EMT, or witness.

Ride your own ride, wether it's 50mph or 100 mph, just have some fun and wear your gear and don't be "that guy".

*GSXR~SNAIL*
Tue Mar 27th, 2007, 04:32 PM
This comes up quit a bit every year, and I think the constant reminder is ride whatever pace you feel most comfortable with. A couple weeks ago I was on a very "spirited" ride and they wanted to go much faster then I did. I just nestled in at the back of the pack and caught up with them a minute after they arrived at the next stop.

Don't worry about what everyone thinks about your speed. I don't think anyone on this board has ever thought "God that guy is slow, he's got no business on this ride." But I have HEARD people say, "That guy rides out of control and I don't ever want to ride with him again."

You'll look like more of an asshole if you are riding like a jackass trying to keep up with everyone than you will if they've got to wait for you for one minute at the next turn off.

I can't speak for everyone else, but you'll really piss me off if I've got to cut short my ride because you stuffed yourself trying to keep up and now we've all got to play EMT, or witness.

Ride your own ride, wether it's 50mph or 100 mph, just have some fun and wear your gear and don't be "that guy".

Well said.

CanyonCarver
Tue Mar 27th, 2007, 05:08 PM
oh chris don't be a baby. dodging bikes makes it more fun!