PDA

View Full Version : affordablemotorcycletires.com

Jose
Tue Mar 27th, 2007, 04:54 PM
anyone have any experience with them? ill be needing new tires soon. also, any recommendations for brand?

Mel
Tue Mar 27th, 2007, 05:12 PM
Looks like a new version of the old Discount Motorcycle Tire (which imploded on itself a few years back)...though they are advertising for MileHighMadness through their page. :squid:

Tire prices just off the website are nothing to be excited about...their list for a set of Metzler 120/180's is just pennies off what I paid 6 months ago for a set of 120/190's at Performance Cycle...and I didn't have to pay the extra $20+ in shipping. Only advantage I see of affordableblahblah.com would be that they can be mounted and balanced there which will save you over dealership costs.

As for brands, looks like they have Metzlers and Michelins...either of which will probably far and away out perform street riding skills.

TFOGGuys
Tue Mar 27th, 2007, 05:16 PM
Give us a call at 303-216-2400....generally we have the popular sizes in stock for installation while you wait, and VERY competitive prices.....

NUTZ
Tue Mar 27th, 2007, 05:42 PM
I've actualy gone down there and talked to the owner of the place. hes a really cool guy. he discounts the tires $17 and some change if you go down there in person. last time i was in there he didn't have much in stock but was getting ready to order in some tires. this has been a month ago or so. im sure he has gotten them by now. i would call just to check on what he has in stock. I belive the guys name is John.

rybo
Tue Mar 27th, 2007, 09:24 PM
+1 for the TFOG guys, also check out TK/Faster. These are local shops that provide great service at fair prices. TK paid the CSC entry fee for the St. Paddy's day parade as well.

chadincolo
Thu Mar 29th, 2007, 06:47 AM
Yeah, I used them for tires for my VFR. They couldn't balance the rear tire (single sided swing arm). Seemed kind of stand-offish when I was there, asked about the discounted gear they had on the rack, guy gave one word answers as he stood behind the counter reading... Go to TFOG, Jim will take care of you, and just as cheap to cheaper than Affordable, and he will actually want to help you, not just want to do your business...