PDA

View Full Version : Whoever wants to ride-Ride Sunday, April 1st

pilot
Thu Mar 29th, 2007, 11:20 AM
Looks like the Newbie ride has been pushed to April 15th. And...

Looks like the weather for Sunday will be decent. So... seeing as several people already made plans to ride, there will be a ride.

Morrison Conoco 10:15ish (Sunday April 1st) for gas and coffee.

Ride out 10:45 by the Conoco Clock Tower time.

150-200 miles by the time you get back home.

Pace, easy at first. Then we'll pick it up as we all get the hang of it.

Bring snacks and a beverage as you might want a snack by the roadside. Perhaps we'll grab something fast along the way.

Combo of canyons and front range sweepers. I've got several roads that are not travelled so much by the usual rides, so it will break up the run. Plenty of chances to ride on or take off along the way.

UpOn1
Thu Mar 29th, 2007, 11:29 AM
I say it's a go! Pilot, do you ride a sport-touring?

rlarsen
Thu Mar 29th, 2007, 12:27 PM
I'm in, I'll bring a friend.

Brizz
Thu Mar 29th, 2007, 01:07 PM
Im down like 4 flat tires.

pilot
Thu Mar 29th, 2007, 01:58 PM
I say it's a go! Pilot, do you ride a sport-touring?Yes, a ZZR1200 with a traveling bar and disco in all that crappy luggage I carry. I'm easy to spot. I'll be the one that the female sniper on the roof has in her .308 sights.

Sortarican
Thu Mar 29th, 2007, 03:38 PM
It's going down like the prom date that ordered lobster!

UpOn1
Thu Mar 29th, 2007, 04:20 PM
Yes, a ZZR1200 with a traveling bar and disco in all that crappy luggage I carry. I'm easy to spot. I'll be the one that the female sniper on the roof has in her .308 sights.

lol, i heard you lean that thing pretty low, i'll meet you guys sun, as long as there's no blizzard

pilot
Thu Mar 29th, 2007, 07:06 PM
lol, i heard you lean that thing pretty low, i'll meet you guys sun, as long as there's no blizzardMy concern is that I might lean a bit to far and fulcrum the bike off the rear tire. That would be a low-side for sure. But hey, how can I ride without my portable bar???

Route update based on discussion on the Newbie ride post:

We'll see who we got hanging around. I'm sure that if the weather is Jim Dandy some riders will want to do the Deckers thing. As there might be some new folks it would be nice to pace this one down on the "flats". Don't think that this will be a long/straight/boring ride. I'll be breaking away from the usual 105/83 route on a few spots. This will spice up the ride with some turns and a change of view. Perhaps we can have lunch in Castle Rock half way through the ride (good for a gas stop too).

beavisr1
Thu Mar 29th, 2007, 07:51 PM
I and Ms. Beavis will be there and I will try to grab some homies as well...

Shea
Fri Mar 30th, 2007, 08:12 AM
I'll be there as well.

pilot
Fri Mar 30th, 2007, 10:53 AM
Looks like decent weather is in the area.

Zanos
Fri Mar 30th, 2007, 11:53 AM
I will see what I can do. I have work as always in the evening. :(

Bassil Duwaik
Fri Mar 30th, 2007, 05:51 PM
I'll try and make it

N1KSS1KS1x
Fri Mar 30th, 2007, 05:55 PM
I'm out I'll be getting screws and plates in my jaw as its broken. Goodtimes goodtimes

ChefQ
Fri Mar 30th, 2007, 06:13 PM
I'll be in Vegas Baby Vegas:drink:

Nick_Ninja
Fri Mar 30th, 2007, 06:19 PM
I'm out I'll be getting screws and plates in my jaw as its broken. Goodtimes goodtimes

Do tell ............... (hope it goes well)

N1KSS1KS1x
Fri Mar 30th, 2007, 06:42 PM
kinda of a long story. might need cliff notes for this one
Manger pulls me out of work meeting cause I was making the presenter look dumb and they say I was slurring but I dont think I was.
While outside talking to manger we get into an argument and I tell him he needed to stand up for himself and what he belives in cause on the way up another employee some nazi fucker was giving him shit. Then I started talking about how i didnt like the guy and this and that. I decide fuck this shit and I'll find a ride home so start walking.
Manger goes to nazi guy tells him all the shit I said.
nazi guy walks up behind me and Fuck starts my face. totally blindsided me and dude was way bigger then me. What a bitch made mofo

ChefQ
Fri Mar 30th, 2007, 06:54 PM
Manger goes to nazi guy tells him all the shit I said.
nazi guy walks up behind me and Fuck starts my face. totally blindsided me and dude was way bigger then me. What a bitch made mofo
Thats Fucked! Are you pressing charges or should we Fuck Start his face?:sniper:

N1KSS1KS1x
Fri Mar 30th, 2007, 07:14 PM
I dont know what to do this guy has threatend most of the other people into the story of I ran into a pole or some shit and I think he would try and come after me so I'm thinkin that may not be the best thing to do. Ya know. But fuck its gonna cost like 5500 cause I dont got inc. The store didnt have benefits.

UpOn1
Fri Mar 30th, 2007, 07:20 PM
fuck that fuckin fuck, you should do something. if pressing charges not your thing, i would collect the 5500 some other way... craigslist and pawnshops, get your $$

Brian428
Fri Mar 30th, 2007, 07:58 PM
I dont know what to do this guy has threatend most of the other people into the story of I ran into a pole or some shit and I think he would try and come after me so I'm thinkin that may not be the best thing to do. Ya know. But fuck its gonna cost like 5500 cause I dont got inc. The store didnt have benefits.

For that much money, I'd go after him if possible. Don't know where you work but is there a security camera? If you decide to let it go, I'm sure he'll try it again to the wrong person and get his though, It all comes back around. Hope you get better soon.

As for the group ride sunday, I'm there.

pilot
Fri Mar 30th, 2007, 08:11 PM
Is the nazi fuck in the metro area?

motaboy
Fri Mar 30th, 2007, 08:59 PM
N1KK1KS1x, thats brutal. You should go after that cheap bastard. Let us know if there is anything we can do for you and keep us updated.

Nick_Ninja
Fri Mar 30th, 2007, 09:43 PM
Press charges. Call 9 Wants to Know. Call Xcell and have his utilities shut off (tell them that you are doing work at the address and have it shut off at the meter --- works best in freezing conditions), stop his paper and mail service, and last but not least --- dump a 5lb. bag of sugar in his gas tank. Save the Molotov and weaponry for later.

This dude is sick and needs to be turned over to 'The System'.

pilot
Fri Mar 30th, 2007, 10:53 PM
I'll be in Vegas Baby Vegas:drink:PARTY AT Q'S HOUSE SATURDAY NIGHT!!! Oh, wait... that's right, there is another p.a.r.t.y. that night and everybody who is anybody will be there.:slappers:

Sincerely,
Nobody

Brizz
Sat Mar 31st, 2007, 09:05 AM
I like partys.

UpOn1
Sat Mar 31st, 2007, 10:29 AM
Press charges. Call 9 Wants to Know. Call Xcell and have his utilities shut off (tell them that you are doing work at the address and have it shut off at the meter --- works best in freezing conditions), stop his paper and mail service, and last but not least --- dump a 5lb. bag of sugar in his gas tank. Save the Molotov and weaponry for later.

This dude is sick and needs to be turned over to 'The System'.

I like the way you think.. very creative!

might also want to consider filling a JD bottle with piss and shattering his brain with it.. it's an old time classic

oh and hell yeah for this weather, is everyone good for tomorrow? or am i gonna be the only guy there and realize it's april 1st

pilot
Sat Mar 31st, 2007, 01:45 PM
Damn! You just now guessed that this whole ride is a fake!

j/k, ride is planned. Looks to be in the 60's

mtnairlover
Sat Mar 31st, 2007, 02:55 PM
oh and hell yeah for this weather, is everyone good for tomorrow? or am i gonna be the only guy there and realize it's april 1st
C'mon Pilot, you're messin' with the newbs...j/k. You guys have lotsa safe fun.

rider955i
Sat Mar 31st, 2007, 04:48 PM
where is this conoco at I dont go to morrison very often I know where the exit off I70 is so where do I go from there I am coming from denver??? Thanks:dunno: Anybody ripping on me for asking can :doublefinger: , but thank you to whoever helps.

UpOn1
Sat Mar 31st, 2007, 04:57 PM
i think it's the one right next to bandimere, where are you coming from??

i think they're all gonna spray our tires with wd-40 and take us on some gravel, should be great!

rider955i
Sat Mar 31st, 2007, 05:12 PM
Denver right by I70 and federal exit

mtnairlover
Sat Mar 31st, 2007, 05:13 PM
Going West on I-70, take the C-470 exit that goes south. Then, take the Morrison Rd. exit, which comes right after you see Bandimere on the right. You'll see the Conoco as you are exiting.

How'd I do for bein' a "northie"?;)

Joe
Sun Apr 1st, 2007, 07:13 AM

Give out his address, then everybody decide how far they want to take it. From mild: filling out subscription cards to magazines like Juggs.
To wild: burning his house down.

Or somewhere in between.

Good luck with the whole situation.

Joe
Sun Apr 1st, 2007, 07:38 AM
Oh yeah, back On Topic...
I'll be there this morning.

-PUCK-
Sun Apr 1st, 2007, 07:48 AM
Looks like I am awake, so I will make the trek up there.

Brizz
Sun Apr 1st, 2007, 08:02 AM
AWESOME..It will be good to see you again Mark!

McVaaahhh
Mon Apr 2nd, 2007, 07:34 AM
Great Ride!!

CYCLE_MONKEY
Mon Apr 2nd, 2007, 07:43 AM
Great ride! You guys shoulda stuck it out 'till the end. Did some big triple-digit sweepers later as a nice change from the tight stuff. Separates the men from the stunnas, er, boys..... Wow!

Would have been perfect, except for all them damn R1's (Brizz) getting in the way........:) J/K man!

Big thanks to my buddies Pilot and Terra for doing this!

P.S. Sandy as hell out there, watch yourselves......

Sortarican
Mon Apr 2nd, 2007, 08:44 AM
What route did you guys end up doing?

Got up and had my tongue shaved in time but couldn't raise
Pilot on the phone to see where you guys were going.
Ended up doing the Deer/Turkey/Bear Creek run.
Deer Creek has a lot of sand, Bear Creek was actually pretty clean.

Shea
Mon Apr 2nd, 2007, 08:48 AM
Thanks for setting this up pilot, had a great time. Showed me how sucky a rider I really am :)

And my ass is still puckered Brizz...

pilot
Mon Apr 2nd, 2007, 09:05 AM
Looks like it was a dang good ride: No breakdowns (cept for my tranny leak) and no wipeouts http://euroross.blogspot.com/Wipeout.jpgThat guy looks like he's surfing barefoot:crazy:. I'll see if I can get off of my lazy butt and post some pics or get them to Brian for posting.

pilot
Mon Apr 2nd, 2007, 09:19 AM
Great Ride!!Ended up being about 220 miles total.

pilot
Mon Apr 2nd, 2007, 09:25 AM
Great ride! You guys shoulda stuck it out 'till the end. Did some big triple-digit sweepers later as a nice change from the tight stuff. Separates the men from the stunnas, er, boys..... Wow!

Would have been perfect, except for all them damn R1's (Brizz) getting in the way........:) J/K man!

Big thanks to my buddies Pilot and Terra for doing this!

P.S. Sandy as hell out there, watch yourselves......Uhhh, I don't know about the other guys, but I always kept it a few under the posted (wink). Sand, what sand?http://www.legionmagazine.com/features/canadianmilitaryhistory/img/motorcycle.jpg(CycleMonkey taking a turn on Brook Forest)

pilot
Mon Apr 2nd, 2007, 09:26 AM
Thanks for setting this up pilot, had a great time. Showed me how sucky a rider I really am :)

And my ass is still puckered Brizz...Gracias. I heard someone got a little squirrely on a patch and Brizz hit the binders followed by a bit of excitement behind him.

pilot
Mon Apr 2nd, 2007, 09:58 AM
A shot from the Morrison Conoco. We had about 30 + riders.

Brian428
Mon Apr 2nd, 2007, 10:28 AM
Yeah, those fast sweepers were awesome. Never knew those roads were there. Good ride, my trip count was 230 miles from my place and I'm still a little sore.

CYCLE_MONKEY
Mon Apr 2nd, 2007, 11:16 AM
Yeah, those fast sweepers were awesome. Never knew those roads were there. Good ride, my trip count was 230 miles from my place and I'm still a little sore.

I can imagine........you were pedaling like a motherf#cker when I went by ya! :lol: J/K!

*GSXR~SNAIL*
Mon Apr 2nd, 2007, 06:12 PM
Looks like it was a dang good ride: No breakdowns (cept for my tranny leak) and no wipeouts http://euroross.blogspot.com/Wipeout.jpgThat guy looks like he's surfing barefoot:crazy:. I'll see if I can get off of my lazy butt and post some pics or get them to Brian for posting.

Looks like the "Wedge" in Cali?

http://static.flickr.com/26/51491710_92fddb7d24.jpg

Brian428
Mon Apr 2nd, 2007, 06:46 PM
I can imagine........you were pedaling like a motherf#cker when I went by ya! :lol: J/K!
Yeah, you already got me sold on a GSXR as soon as finances permit. You guys were definitely haulin'

deek
Tue Apr 3rd, 2007, 04:29 PM
That ride was a lot of fun, didn't know about that run to Deckers. Thanks for opening that experience to me. To the dude on the Triumph who lent me the gloves, I will get them back to you, sorry, had to bail early.

Brian428
Tue Apr 3rd, 2007, 05:01 PM
And the pictures are...
Morrison
http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h267/sycofox/DSC02660.jpg
http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h267/sycofox/DSC02661.jpg
http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h267/sycofox/DSC02662.jpg

Brian428
Tue Apr 3rd, 2007, 05:03 PM
Gas stop...
http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h267/sycofox/DSC02663.jpg
http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h267/sycofox/DSC02664.jpg
Deckers for lunch...
http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h267/sycofox/DSC02665.jpg
http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h267/sycofox/DSC02666.jpg

CYCLE_MONKEY
Tue Apr 3rd, 2007, 05:24 PM
Cool pics brian! Who's that big ugly bastard in the blu/wht Alpinestars leathers?:shocked:

Bassil Duwaik
Tue Apr 3rd, 2007, 05:55 PM
damn wish I could have been there!

Brian428
Tue Apr 3rd, 2007, 06:13 PM
Cool pics brian! Who's that big ugly bastard in the blu/wht Alpinestars leathers?:shocked:

Not sure, but he kept buzzing by me in the straights later that day:pointlaugh: