PDA

View Full Version : Leather work?

Wahooman
Sun Apr 25th, 2004, 11:21 PM
Curious if some of you know where I could take my leather pants in to have the zippers sewn back in them. I had to take them off and reverse them for my jacket. My mom tried and we can only do about 1/4 of them due to how thick it gets towards the rear (more layers to go through) All I am looking for is a quick sewing job. If not I know an apolstry (sp?) could also help me out. Somewhere North Denver/Boulder area would be great. Thanx ahead of time :D

macktastic brake grabber
Sun Apr 25th, 2004, 11:55 PM
jerry's leathers on south broadway. they are good

mack<<<<<must make more posts........

Nick_Ninja
Mon Apr 26th, 2004, 08:41 AM
Boulder Saddlery --- on North Broadway out by the:

:twisted: :evil: Bustop :twisted: :evil:

Dub
Mon Apr 26th, 2004, 10:39 AM
jerry's leathers on south broadway. they are good

I tried Jerry's for a zipper repair on my jacket and the guy there told me they won't touch anything with armor in it.

I had Colorado Leather & Fur take care of the repair for $30. I have seen some negative posts recently about their service, but was OK for me and had my jacket back in two days.

mikesf4i
Mon Apr 26th, 2004, 06:22 PM
Your mom still sews your pants?

Wahooman
Mon Apr 26th, 2004, 07:54 PM
Your mom still sews your pants?
Damn straight! If needed she even will take care of some ironing if I need the help....if you really need to know :321:

:D
Now back to my reason for my thread.....thanks for the replies fellas, I will check into them.

NorCALSpeed
Mon Apr 26th, 2004, 10:53 PM
Will they perf a non perf jacket? I'm looking at a FirstGear Ergotech Jacket, found it for under 200 bucks. I'm wondering if you guys think non-perf. will be too hot in Boulder when summer hits. And will perf. be too cold in september? I know this question is a common one so I guess if I buy a solid leather and want a perf. jacket can this be done and for what price? Thanks.

Wahooman
Tue Apr 27th, 2004, 12:02 AM
Will they perf a non perf jacket? I'm looking at a FirstGear Ergotech Jacket, found it for under 200 bucks. I'm wondering if you guys think non-perf. will be too hot in Boulder when summer hits. And will perf. be too cold in september? I know this question is a common one so I guess if I buy a solid leather and want a perf. jacket can this be done and for what price? Thanks.
???What does this have to do with my thread topic?

NorCALSpeed
Tue Apr 27th, 2004, 12:06 AM
It would getting leather work done.

Wahooman
Tue Apr 27th, 2004, 12:09 AM
It would getting leather work done.
Guess I mis-read and its late??? Sounded like you were asking which jacket to buy for hot vs. cold? ;)

NorCALSpeed
Tue Apr 27th, 2004, 12:14 AM
I'll admit it was both. I kinda hijacked that, sorry. One question flowed to the other but i made my own post now. Sorry bout that. And it is late and I have a paper due, my bad though.

NorCALSpeed
Tue Apr 27th, 2004, 12:14 AM
I'll admit it was both. I kinda hijacked that, sorry. One question flowed to the other but i made my own post now. Sorry bout that. And it is late and I have a paper due, my bad though.

Wahooman
Tue Apr 27th, 2004, 12:28 AM
Bro...go to bed....you are double posting now :lol: Or maybe I am seeing double because its late? Check out the track forum...there is an place that does leather work someone posted up...that is where i am headed.