PDA

View Full Version : NEW GIXXER 750 PURCHASE......WHERE SHOULD I BUY?

kiteserfer
Tue Jan 28th, 2003, 10:31 AM
Does anyone have a good recommendation where I can purchase a new 750 at a great price??? :roll:

surfinspacegirl
Tue Jan 28th, 2003, 10:33 AM
Try Grand Prix Motorsports on Santa Fe, just south of Hampden. They usually do good deals. Tell 'em you're a friend of mine, it might help :D

Hoopty
Tue Jan 28th, 2003, 11:04 AM
Grand Prix sucks for bike sales IMO- they wanted to charge me several hundred dollars more for a blue SVS than a red SVS. I have some connects at Fay Meyers and Colorado Powersports- lemme know if you'd like me to talk to them. 8)

surfinspacegirl
Tue Jan 28th, 2003, 11:24 AM
Grand Prix sucks for bike sales IMO- they wanted to charge me several hundred dollars more for a blue SVS than a red SVS. I have some connects at Fay Meyers and Colorado Powersports- lemme know if you'd like me to talk to them. 8)

Sorry to hear that, Hoopty. That's not right.

Mind you, I have some horror stories about FM...

Hoopty
Tue Jan 28th, 2003, 12:15 PM
True, I'm sure there are plenty of horror stories about every dealership. :guns: I guess it really depends if you know someone or not. :D I was ready to buy right then and there when I went to Grand Prix- I told them the price I wanted to pay OTD (after taxes etc) and the fooker took me over and opened up the box- there it was, a spankin' new 01SVS in blue. He goes and talks to the sales manager, and he comes back and says "we'll sell you this red one for that price, but a blue one is gonna cost you more". I was like WTF!?!?! They all cost them the same amount, how are they gonna tell me to my face the blue ones cost more? So I told them to shove it, I drove on down to Fay's, told them what I wanted to pay and the guy came back not even 5 minutes later with that price approved, no hasseling etc (mind you, I bargained with G.P. for at least an hour). I'm not saying I'd never give them my business, but everyone I know seems to have gotten screwed on "dealer charges", set-up charges, and even tax. They said I will pay this OTD, but I guess OTD didn't include tax and other garbage according to them. :321:
One of my friends bought an 02 GSXR600 from them last year, and paid WELL over 10,000 OTD for it!!!! :o

Anonymous
Tue Jan 28th, 2003, 12:30 PM
One of my friends bought an 02 GSXR600 from them last year, and paid WELL over 10,000 OTD for it!!!! :o

:o indeed! That's a ripoff for sure.

surfinspacegirl
Tue Jan 28th, 2003, 12:36 PM
:shock: Wow, Hoopty, that's just :bs: on Grand Prix's part, all the way. Sorry to hear it. Good on you for walking away from it.

As for Fay Myers, a friend of mine bought a brand-spanking new Ducati Monster from them and guess what - they delivered it with 2 stroke mix in the tank instead of gas. The thing was smoking like you would NOT believe and when he complained all they said was "Oh yea, we have two gas cans out back, must've used the wrong one." :x

That, coupled with us watching as one of their mechanics jumped a bike off a ramp at the back, kinda sealed their fate for me.

Hoopty
Tue Jan 28th, 2003, 01:44 PM
Service/repairs at Fay's is a different story. Unfortunatley, my extended warranty is through them so I HAVE to take it there to be covered. :cry: I woudn't take my bike there again unless I had to. I have no problems buying from them though. :D

Cap
Tue Jan 28th, 2003, 04:48 PM
A friend of mine took his CBR 600 F3 to FM to get the oil changed. It's a good thing he wasn't riding it home! When we unloaded it from the truck, there was a pool of oil, right under the middle of the bike. Looked around it a little bit, and come to find out, the drain plug wasn't even finger tight! :shock:

Hoopty
Thu Jan 30th, 2003, 08:23 AM
My motor seized on the SV in Montreal last year (rod/crank)- it took those fookers more than 2 months to get it back. Finally got it back, a few weeks later I noticed a lack of power down low, and a strange noise. I took it back to the shop- BOTH spark plugs were loose by hand! :o :321:

Anonymous
Thu Jan 30th, 2003, 10:46 AM
My motor seized on the SV in Montreal last yearMontreal?!? That's a long way from here!!! What were you doing there? I lived in the Montreal area for most of my life before moving to Denver. What shop did you bring it to there (if you even remember :lol: )?

UglyDogRacing
Thu Jan 30th, 2003, 10:57 AM
Try Colorado Powersports in Castle Rock. They will do you right.

Hoopty
Thu Jan 30th, 2003, 02:21 PM
Montreal?!? That's a long way from here!!! What were you doing there? I lived in the Montreal area for most of my life before moving to Denver. What shop did you bring it to there (if you even remember :lol: )?

There's a pretty big crew from Cycleworld.com that was meeting there for the 4th of July weekend; most of them live in the northeast US so it's not too bad of a trip for them. 3 of us from CO met up with another guy from Texas in MO, then headed through Deals Gap before heading north to Toronto. We met up with a few more from the Cycleworld crew in Toronto, then headed over to Montreal. We never took it to a shop in Montreal. Luckily, some of the guys from Toronto trailered out, and they took my bike back to Toronto, and one of the guys rented a truck (he was driving out to Denver for a wedding like 2 weeks later) and brought it out then. :shock: I called in sick for the week, so I had to get back to Denver ASAP (it broke down the day before we were supposed to head back home). I ended up riding b!tch across the border to Burlington VT where I caught a flight back into town. Good thing my bro's a pilot- he hooked me up with a ticket for $100. :D
I really liked Montreal though, the bars there are top-notch! :drink: The Cuban cigars are a bonus too. :D

rocktboy
Wed Feb 5th, 2003, 03:48 PM
Does anyone have a good recommendation where I can purchase a new 750 at a great price??? :roll:

you should be able to find deals just about anywhere....it's the winter months and most dealers don't sell that many sportbikes to begin with...(except the hotties such as the 03 600rr, gixxer 1k,...etc)

i would make tons of calls to dealers around a 500mi radius, or even further if the deals are worth it. there might be a dealer in wisconsin that has one sitting in their floor since summer and they want to get rid of it. even factor in shipping you could still end up on top if you know what you are doing.

i know you want a 750 but co powersports in boulder has 3 '02 1k's sitting on their floor. it certainly doesn't hurt to ask them what they want for those bikes now that it's '03 and the new 1k's are coming real soon.....