PDA

View Full Version : my experience at fay myers

Jose
Mon Apr 2nd, 2007, 11:53 AM
so im new to the whole bike thing and decided to have a professional look over my bike. they did the 20k mile service which includes looking over the main components. while it was at fay myers, i started reading the owners manual. i was surprised how in depth the manuals are. i was figuring they would be like a car manual which doesn't tell how to repair and adjust pretty much everything. anyway, when i got my bike back, my wife picked it up for me, i was very disappointed. with what i learned from the manual, i started going through the bike. first, i noticed that the coolant was at the was at the level it should be at. i figured, ah, maybe they just looked it over. then i noticed there was a pin missing on my brake pedal, then i noticed the rear brake light wasn't working for the rear pedal, then i noticed rock chips on the top of the oil filter(they changed the oil and oil filter). so did they do anything!!! i was furious and called to talk directly the service manger. i had to leave a message. later in the day Jeff(the service manager) called me back. it seemed like he was genuinely concerned and said he was going to have another tech take a look at it and that they will pick up the bike tonight from my house. i really didn't want to ever take it to fay myers again, but i figured ill give them the benefit of the doubt. ill keep you guys informed to what happens.

rybo
Mon Apr 2nd, 2007, 12:02 PM
Jose,

Fay's is a club sponser and people here have had mixed experiences with them, but I think you've done exactly the right thing.

Let them have a chance to make it right, if they do give them the benefit of the doubt that the error was honest. I'm glad they are going the extra distance and picking up the bike from your house.

If it doesn't turn out well there are several "non-dealer" shops around that do excellent work for reasonable prices. Post up when you're ready and you'll get a bunch of good recommendations.

Best of luck, please let us know how it turns out.

Scott

Devaclis
Mon Apr 2nd, 2007, 12:47 PM
Werd, let the mtry to make it right. If they don't, THEN find another place :)

rinn
Mon Apr 2nd, 2007, 01:58 PM
I've never really had a good experience with Fay, the Sales men where cocky and unhelpful but I've never dealt with the service department

Devaclis
Mon Apr 2nd, 2007, 02:03 PM
Pars dept is pretty good there. Only problem I have is the extreme lack of womens gear. Not 1 set of leather pants :(

*GSXR~SNAIL*
Mon Apr 2nd, 2007, 05:38 PM
Jose,

Fay's is a club sponser and people here have had mixed experiences with them, but I think you've done exactly the right thing....

BTW-

I know Fay Myers gives a discount on parts, isn't there also a discount on service like Jose got done if he mentions he's a CSC member?

rybo
Mon Apr 2nd, 2007, 05:44 PM
I believe that the discount is geared for parts only....but Ralph would know for sure....maybe he'll chime in here as I'm pretty sure he'll watch the posts about our sponsers.

BTW...How much wood would a woodchuck chuck?

*GSXR~SNAIL*
Mon Apr 2nd, 2007, 06:22 PM
I believe that the discount is geared for parts only....but Ralph would know for sure....maybe he'll chime in here as I'm pretty sure he'll watch the posts about our sponsers.

BTW...How much wood would a woodchuck chuck?

Clever, huh?

:D

sprtbkbabe
Mon Apr 2nd, 2007, 06:33 PM
The few sales people that I've talked to there, were alright. Although, the Mille R I wanted there last year had been in the showroom for well over 6 mos (even had COBWEBS on it!!) and they tried to dick me on the price. That was it for Fay IMO

...few people I know have gotten their bikes back missing screws, oil not changed... list goes on... and yes, recent work. Scary and upredictible there!

rforsythe
Mon Apr 2nd, 2007, 09:20 PM
AFAIK the discount is on parts only - but that might apply to the filter/oil and other consumables here, I'm not sure.

Devaclis
Tue Apr 3rd, 2007, 07:40 AM
I was not able to get the discount on chain lube, chain cleaner, oil, and fork oil. Did get the discount on parts tho :)

I wish Performance would offer up a discount.

motaboy
Tue Apr 3rd, 2007, 07:58 AM
JUST RECENTLY BOUGHT A BIKE FROM THEM AND THAT EXPERIENCE WAS GOOD. I DON'T TRUST THERE SERVICE DEPARTMENT THE ONLY THING THAT I LET THEM DO IS CHANGE MY TIRES. GO TO TK MOTORSPORTS I'VE HAD MUCH BETTER SERVICE OVER THERE.

Jose
Tue Apr 3rd, 2007, 09:01 AM
so 6pm came and went yesterday with no sign of fay myers picking up my bike. when i get a chance, ill give jeff(service manger) a call to see WHAT THE HELL!!!

Jose
Tue Apr 3rd, 2007, 09:06 AM
just called and had to leave a message

~Barn~
Tue Apr 3rd, 2007, 09:41 AM
Dang yo... I'd go ahead and chalk F.M. up as a, "do not use their service dept." dealership. That sucks.

Their parts discount better be DAMN good, if we're seriously considering maintaining CSC sponsorship ties with them. That's pretty bush league, if they were supposed to pick up his bike last night, and he hasn't heard word-1, as of this morning!
:no:

Jose
Tue Apr 3rd, 2007, 11:48 AM
just got a call back from joel at FM, i guess jeff is in a meeting, and explained the situation again. i pretty much told them that i want a refund and that ill take my bike elsewhere. he did offer to come pick up the bike right now, but i told him that ive had it with them. he said that he will have jeff call me this afternoon.

rideco
Tue Apr 3rd, 2007, 12:29 PM
Jose,
Take it to TK/Faster Motorsports. They will treat your bike like it is there own and you will get a+ work. http://www.tk-motorsports.com/
mike

Jose
Tue Apr 3rd, 2007, 02:05 PM
i got a call back from jeff at about 1:30. he left a message(i couldnt get to my cell). but he apologized and gave me a refund on what i paid. so yeah, ive already talked TK and will be dropping my bike off tomorrow. i dont feel satisfied though because of the time that i spent taking the bike there and picking it up and if i would have taken it to another shop, id have more riding time.

rybo
Tue Apr 3rd, 2007, 02:07 PM
I'm glad to hear that the service manager tried to make it right with you and in the end gave your money back. I'm sorry you've lost the ride time, but TK will take good care of you and you'll be back on two wheels in no time!

DeeStylez
Tue Apr 3rd, 2007, 02:59 PM
I am not to familiar with the bike shops around town but I remeber the shop over there on Parker road and Iliff did an excellent job mounting balancing my tires. Even though they had a huge line of bikes to fix they went out of the way to test drive it for me after the repair. I have since purchased gloves and helmet from them.
:up: -Vickery Motorsports

reddeth
Tue Apr 3rd, 2007, 08:50 PM
Ok, completely different times but since theres already a thread:

I do not like Fay Myers, mainly because of the attitude, most of the salespeople and esspecially the guys at the parts counter were cocky as hell, very rude, and it got worse when they realize how young I was.

Due to this attitude I naturally took up a similar one and very little ever gets accomplished when I go in there, added onto that I ordered a new CCT for my bike from them, however they failed to inform me when I ordered the part that it does not include a gasket (granted I should have thought to ask but thats not my main gripe) and when the part did come in they called and said the parts came in, went in to pick up the new CCT and gasket (its like a 1/2 hour drive there) and only the CCT was there. Asked the guy if there was a mixup, he said "Nah, just figured you may want to get started fixin up that crotch rocket of yours".

Parts selection was great, its a very nice clean place, but I'll never go back there, of the probably 5 times I've been in there I've only ever spoken with a nice helpful person maybe once.

Slo
Wed Apr 4th, 2007, 08:21 AM
I have gone to Fay Myers and talked with sales people and have walked away with different opinions each time. Looking at the MV Augusta each time for a possible future purchase. I have had one fella actually spend some time with me, telling me in detail about MV's history and answering all questions I had while I have had two other salesmen just hand me a card and walk off, telling me to call them when I am ready to purchase as soon as they found out I was just looking and not ready to purchase yet.

In the end I may go back to them and if I do, obviously I will go looking for the guy that spent some time answering my questions. Any dealership will have the good and the bad. Hopefully the Managers pick the sour apples and throw them out.

Devaclis
Wed Apr 4th, 2007, 08:44 AM
Ok, completely different times but since theres already a thread:

I do not like Fay Myers, mainly because of the attitude, most of the salespeople and esspecially the guys at the parts counter were cocky as hell, very rude, and it got worse when they realize how young I was.

Due to this attitude I naturally took up a similar one and very little ever gets accomplished when I go in there, added onto that I ordered a new CCT for my bike from them, however they failed to inform me when I ordered the part that it does not include a gasket (granted I should have thought to ask but thats not my main gripe) and when the part did come in they called and said the parts came in, went in to pick up the new CCT and gasket (its like a 1/2 hour drive there) and only the CCT was there. Asked the guy if there was a mixup, he said "Nah, just figured you may want to get started fixin up that crotch rocket of yours".

Parts selection was great, its a very nice clean place, but I'll never go back there, of the probably 5 times I've been in there I've only ever spoken with a nice helpful person maybe once.

Wow, I never found the parts guys to be anything but exceptional. I have had 1 issue in 2.5 years there but nothing to do with service. The sales people I have encountered were never pushy. I think if you let your intentions be known right off the bat you will have a more pleasurable experience. When the wife and I go in to "Look" at bikes, we let the sales guys know that "We are just doing research right now. Not going to buy anything today, but can you hang around in case I have a few questions?" They do and it is cool because these people like to talk about bikes as much as you and I do :)

T-byrd
Wed Apr 4th, 2007, 09:11 AM
Dana,

Check again for womens gear, they have a lot now. For all sorts of different riding styles, sport, cruising, touring, etc...If they don't have the right size in stock they offered to oder it for me to try on.

Tanya

Devaclis
Wed Apr 4th, 2007, 09:16 AM
Yeah, we were in there on Saturday and I talked to one of the parts guys. The had no womens leather pants but could order them. My problem is we do not know what size or style we want. so, if we order a pair, they do not fit or just do not feel right, we need to order a different size/style. This could take months before finding the right ones.

I would rather be able to walk into a well stocked shop, have her try on a pair and buy them.

BTW: The parts guy (Can't remember name) said they would most likely never get any kind of real selection of womens gear outside textile stuff. Parts manager concurred.

armydog1002
Sun Apr 29th, 2007, 12:58 AM
That's funny. Every time I've gone into Fay Myers, The atmosphere seems like it changes once you enter the store. I have had sales people come up to me and ask me if I need help, and sometimes I go in and I get zero help. I have had very little help in the parts department as well. Weird.

SicilianaNV
Thu May 24th, 2007, 12:39 AM
Okay so first off I really dont like Fay at ALL!! They treat girls like they are stupid and in reality they have no idea what they are sayin. So i went to Fay today to pick up a bike that my friend just bought because I have a license and he doesnt, anyways...once I got out of the car the sales guy tells me that I couldnt ride in the rain (fyi..i ride in the rain, quite often infact, we do live in COLORADO!!) and that I would "be really pist at myself if i dumped it"!! Besides that i ask him what all I have to do to break it in correctly b/c my bike wasnt new when I got it and he tells me the tires are slick cause suzuki has slick tires factory..OMG like really NO way?!! ...so im already in a bad mood. He takes my license to get a copy and he comes back and says his manager wont let me ride the bike off the lot or take it at all.....all in all FAY SUCKS!! i wouldnt ever buy anything from there or tell anyone else to go there for anything!!

Clarkie
Thu May 24th, 2007, 08:18 AM
They treat girls like they are stupid and in reality they have no idea what they are sayin.

And yet they sponsor women (not girls) that road race...... :alien:

Slo
Thu May 24th, 2007, 08:35 AM
...once I got out of the car the sales guy tells me that I couldnt ride in the rain (fyi..i ride in the rain, quite often infact, we do live in COLORADO!!) and that I would "be really pist at myself if i dumped it"!! Besides

he tells me the tires are slick cause suzuki has slick tires factory..

his manager wont let me ride the bike off the lot or take it at all.....

Not saying you would have dumped it, but for once, I have seen this as a legitimate good "show of concern" from a dealership. Hopefully you can see the positive side of this and not be so pissed. I don't think it had anything to do with being a girl.

t_jolt
Thu May 24th, 2007, 09:53 AM
There is 2 reasons ill will go back to fay. In the gear section, there is a little asian girl that works there. She is super nice, and helped me and a few friends out with everything. Also FAY gives out a military discount!!!
Damn near no one else does this these days.

Tyrel

Slo
Thu May 24th, 2007, 10:42 AM
There is 2 reasons ill will go back to fay. In the gear section, there is a little asian girl that works there. She is super nice, and helped me and a few friends out with everything.
Tyrel

Haha, yellow fever!!!

Just messing with you man.

vegasbound
Sat May 26th, 2007, 01:06 PM
Lots of hot chicks work at Fay, from the greeters to parts all kinds of booty out there!!

InlineSIX24
Sat May 26th, 2007, 11:35 PM
I have to agree with the vibe in the parts area changing each time I have gone there, sometimes even seeming like they rather you not be there, but I have worked with Gary there in sales and he is great to deal with.

It's Okay
Thu Jun 7th, 2007, 08:36 AM
My most recent, and final experience at F@y Myer$, was when the General Manager authorized a part from my bike to be placed on a used bike they had on the floor. I bought an exhaust system for my bike and, after removing my stock system, he had his crew place part of my stcok exhaust on a bike on his sales floor. I finally had to get the cops and an attorney in the mix to get my part!!!

Quote to me from the G.M.'s e-mail to me

As for the parts I took your pipe off and put it on Randy's old bike as I explained at the time. I must now get Randy's old parts to do the switch.

Brizz
Thu Jun 7th, 2007, 08:42 AM
My most recent, and final experience at F@y Myer$, was when the General Manager authorized a part from my bike to be placed on a used bike they had on the floor. I bought an exhaust system for my bike and, after removing my stock system, he had his crew place part of my stcok exhaust on a bike on his sales floor. I finally had to get the cops and an attorney in the mix to get my part!!!

Quote to me from the G.M.'s e-mail to me

As for the parts I took your pipe off and put it on Randy's old bike as I explained at the time. I must now get Randy's old parts to do the switch.

Thats very strange since they usually give you the old part after the service is done.

spartikus
Thu Jun 7th, 2007, 11:04 AM
I agree with the atmosphere situation when in parts. I have had a great experience with Bob in parts have ordered a whole slew of gear from him and he has given me the usual 10 % which is nice.

It's Okay
Thu Jun 7th, 2007, 02:59 PM
That's exactly my point!!! They took both my EPROM AND midpipe and put them on a used bike on their floor!!
Thats very strange since they usually give you the old part after the service is done.