PDA

View Full Version : Removal of front tire.

motaboy
Mon Apr 26th, 2004, 04:51 PM
Once again I am still trying to remove my front wheel from bent forks. I have purchased the manual and tools and so far I have only succeeded at cracking the spedo case. I have followed the manual to a "T" with no progress. This freaking sucks I need help!

motaboy

yakuza
Mon Apr 26th, 2004, 06:37 PM
What bike? Where are you stuck?

- Do you have it on a front stand?
- Have you removed the brake calipers?
- Have you loosened the pinch bolts?
- Have you removed the axle nut?

Shouldn't take much more than that...

motaboy
Tue Apr 27th, 2004, 09:00 AM
Since I have replacement forks the whole assembly of the old forks and the front wheel are off the bike. So the calipers are off and the bike is on a centerstand. The manual never mentioned anything of a pinch bolt. And finally the axle nut is where I am stuck I can't get it loose the whole axle is rotating when I apply torque to the nut and I can't find a 14mm allen wrench to counter act that. It is a 93 Kawi Ninja

yakuza
Tue Apr 27th, 2004, 09:46 AM
Is this something you could put in your car/truck and bring over to my house? I'd come help you but I've got R1Rider coming over this evening to look at his bike. I should have the allen wrench you need, or be able to get it apart for you. Another option would be to carry the assembly down to the Kawi dealership on I25 and get them to loosen it with the correct tool.

I'll be home by 6pm tonight if you'd like help.
407-9090
Alex

motaboy
Tue Apr 27th, 2004, 02:30 PM
thanks I'll give you a buzz around six

yakuza
Tue Apr 27th, 2004, 09:52 PM
Dude you weren't kidding about that damn wheel, what a pain in the ass! Just about strained my tricep trying to push that thing off...

Sorry we couldn't get it taken care of, I really think an impact wrench is gonna be required to get that off. :x

motaboy
Thu Apr 29th, 2004, 12:28 PM
sorry to hear about your arm. It joins the list of bumps and scrapes because one of the freaking forks spun around and nailed my shin nice little bump there. Hey thanks again for giving it a try and Ill let you know when I get my hands on that DID chain.

motaboy

P.S. Good luck this weekend hope the weather improves and I don't really need the notebook anylonger so pitch it.