PDA

View Full Version : HWY 34/36 to Estes Park

rybo
Tue Apr 3rd, 2007, 09:46 AM
Got home last night and met up with Pauliep and Pat for an evening ride...(thanks for coming up guys, it was good to spend time with you)

We headed out on HWY 34 through Loveland, up to Estes Park and then back down 36 through Lyons and Longmont. All in all the roads were in pretty good condition. There were spots near the top of 34 where there was gravel and sand on the center line, but the lanes were quite clean. 36 was cleaner still, with minimal (summer levels) of gravel, most notably where cars had dropped a wheel onto the shoulder. It was a bit cold up high, but not unbearable and overall it was a good time.

Paul says he likes his GSXR 1000 better than the 1988 Hawk I loaned him....what's he thinking?

Nice weather, good roads, good company. What more can a guy ask for?

s

Devaclis
Tue Apr 3rd, 2007, 09:52 AM
He was intimidated by the Hawk :)

rideco
Tue Apr 3rd, 2007, 10:51 AM
Sounds like a sweet ride.. Thanks for the report as I want to try to get up to Estes Park sometime this week.
mike

CYCLE_MONKEY
Tue Apr 3rd, 2007, 11:13 AM
Got home last night and met up with Pauliep and Pat for an evening ride...(thanks for coming up guys, it was good to spend time with you)

We headed out on HWY 34 through Loveland, up to Estes Park and then back down 36 through Lyons and Longmont. All in all the roads were in pretty good condition. There were spots near the top of 34 where there was gravel and sand on the center line, but the lanes were quite clean. 36 was cleaner still, with minimal (summer levels) of gravel, most notably where cars had dropped a wheel onto the shoulder. It was a bit cold up high, but not unbearable and overall it was a good time.

Paul says he likes his GSXR 1000 better than the 1988 Hawk I loaned him....what's he thinking?

Nice weather, good roads, good company. What more can a guy ask for?

s
Ever taken the turnoff at Drake thru Glen Haven? Nicer, tighter, less traffic, WAY less cops. Downside? More sand earlier and later in the season.

He was thinking.......correctly!:)

I'm right there. Next time let me know and I'll go.