PDA

View Full Version : Attack Performance Rearsets

motaboy
Thu Apr 5th, 2007, 02:21 PM
So I bought a set of Attack rearsets for my 05 10R and now I have little to no travel on the rear brake pedal. The wheel spins free so the brakes aren't binding but when I apply the rear brakes the rear wheel lockes up very easily. Any suggestion on what to adjust to get more travel from the pedal.

Thanks,
motaboy

Lurch
Thu Apr 5th, 2007, 05:49 PM
????. Do these rear sets use the stock pedal? If not is the attack one longer or shorter? There really isn't any way to adjust out lever pressure on the rear brake. Some bikes have a nut on the shaft up by the master cylinder that can adjust it a little. If it's really bad one trick I would use for racing is put a small air bubble in the system to make it a little bit sponging.

Lurch

UglyDogRacing
Thu Apr 5th, 2007, 08:01 PM
your stock rearset would have a spring that would put tension on the brake lever. the attack rearsets dont have the spring

motaboy
Fri Apr 6th, 2007, 09:01 AM
THE REARSETS DON'T USE ANY STOCK ITEMS. AND I HAVE ALREADY ADJUSTED THE NUT ALL THE WAY TO THE END OF THE SHAFT ATTEMPING TO GET AS MUCH TRAVEL AS POSSIBLE BUT TO NO AVAIL. THANKS.

BlueDevil
Fri Apr 6th, 2007, 09:34 AM
Rear break is for looks anyway.... Ride on....

irdave
Wed Apr 11th, 2007, 07:02 PM
So it looks like a return spring would hold the lever up a little, giving the impression of travel. That's how it usually is... How it was on my Sato Type 2's.

It would make sense that as you move the nut up trying to get more travel, all that happens is the pedal moves further down. Try some sort of spring.

Or, as was mentioned above, on a sport bike I only use the rear brake to hold the bike on hills at stop lights, flash the brake light at people behind me when I'm already stopped at a stop light, or for making BIG skid marks- which is actually kinda' fun. So for me, a binary rear brake switch on a sport bike is ok. (SM is a little different.)

HR636
Thu Apr 12th, 2007, 01:32 AM
I have this same problem with my F4i attack rearsets. The rear brake doesn't seem to be as powerful or grabby as my stock f4i rearset. I just bought the bike and haven't inspected the pads yet but I would assume they aren't oem so I'm gonna throw some oem pads on there and see what happens.

I'm really disappointed because I like the aftermarket rearsets for durability but for stunt riding I am verrry particular with how my rear brake is setup. I like it to have a return spring strong enough so that I can make very minor adjustments and "feel" the brake pedal moving, and I like my rear pads to grab hard right from the start.

Is there anything you can suggest short of using stock rearsets to help?

motaboy
Thu Apr 12th, 2007, 07:23 AM
HR636,
MY BIKE HAS BRAIDED LINES AND EBC DOUBLE HH PADS AND THE REARSET IS STILL VERY STIFF AND ESENTENALLY MOTIONLESS. I DON'T THINK INSERTING OE PADS IS GOING TO MAKE A DIFFERINCE. MAYBE FOLLOW SOME OF THE POSTS EARLIER IN THE THREAD AND RE-BLEED THE REAR UNTIL YOU GET THE FEEL YOU WANT. UNFORTUNATELY IF DO THIS YOU PROBABLY WON'T GET THE CLAMPING FORCE YOU WON'T. MAYBE STOCKERS ARE THE WAY TO GO, EVEN THOUGH THEY BREAK EVERYTIME THEY TOUCH THE GROUND. NOT GOOD FOR A STUNTER.