PDA

View Full Version : Riding areas around Highlands Ranch?

RayCer
Sun Apr 8th, 2007, 07:19 PM
So i just got an 06 250x for my girlfriend to ride. She has been out twice and is starting to "get" it, but i need some ideas on places to ride. I have taken her to the back section of Berthoud and to Thunder Valley Ranch, but i really need a more open area. Any suggestions? I have an 05 crf450 that i ride, and i am OK up at Rampart, but i need something a little more tame for her. Can anyone give me some suggestions? Thanks in advance for your ideas.

Bueller
Sun Apr 8th, 2007, 07:28 PM
There isn't a whole lot more open area than Berthoud, you could try IMI, there is some open areas there and a pretty easy TT track.

dchd1130
Sun Apr 8th, 2007, 09:49 PM
Rampart is probably the closest thing to you. There is all types of riding there. Stay close to the road by the main entrance most everything there is pretty tame.

Bueller
Sun Apr 8th, 2007, 09:57 PM
Rampart is still under emergency shutdown I believe

dchd1130
Mon Apr 9th, 2007, 07:45 AM
Rampart is still under emergency shutdown I believe

??????? why? I have been under a rock lately. I haven't ridden my dirt bike since last fall. So whats going on?

Buddau
Mon Apr 9th, 2007, 04:02 PM
Rampart is closed because of all of the mud. As soon as it dries up a little, they will open it.
IMI is great for beginners.

RayCer
Tue Apr 10th, 2007, 08:01 PM
Looks like IMI it is! Maybe I'll ride the GXR and have her drive the truck with the dirt bikes and ride both! lol!