PDA

View Full Version : Colorado Powersports Rant

Anonymous
Wed Jan 29th, 2003, 09:24 PM
Normally I'm sort of a live and let live kind of person but Colorado Poorsports of Boulder has reamed me for the last time.

Quick and dirty version-

was in looking around, got approached by salesman Chris Smith about trading my bike for a new one. Promises made, price agreed upon. Series of visits to 'manager', price reneged, word broken.

I will be happy to give the full version upon request verbally, but at least one othe CSC rider present during said negotiations can back me up on what a crappy experience the whole thing was.

I live app. 2 miles from this dealer and will never set foot in there again without at the very least an apology, and if you choose to boycott them as well maybe they will learn that word of mouth carries a lot more weight than corporate advertising dollars.

Alan

Anonymous
Wed Jan 29th, 2003, 09:55 PM
The honda/kawasaki shop or the yamaha/suzuki shop?

Nick_Ninja
Wed Jan 29th, 2003, 10:56 PM
That shop used to be Cycles of Boulder, one of the best shops in the Rocky Mountain West. It was sold a few years back and the service and customer support has become a thing of the past. I know many riders that have taken the same approach that you have determined necessary. You are not alone on this one. Go to Rocky Mountain Kawasaki in Longmont where the old COB staff has set up shop. They are hands down the best. 8)

Anonymous
Wed Jan 29th, 2003, 11:54 PM
I hate to rain on Rocky Mountain Kawi, but I am pretty sure Alan got the same run around BS there on a TL1000...

By the way, I was the one with Alan today, and what CP did was illegal. They put an offer in writing, and then reneged, and tried to up the price. If he really wanted he could probably sue the A**holes, but I don't think that is his style.

If you believe in the theory that you vote with your dollar, then CP should be boycotted, and not just the Boulder shop, all of them. :321:

jbobela
Thu Jan 30th, 2003, 04:08 PM
Dear Alan and Irish ZX9,

I'm sorry you left my dealership with a negative feeling, but you are not posting the truth about your Superhawk trade. We paid our service department (no charge to you) to conduct a safety inspection on your motorcycle as well as determined it's market value using eBay, cycletrader.com and the Post News Classifieds.

I, as well as all my staff, pride ourselves on treating every customer with respect and courtesy. Alan did NOT receive an offer in writing, and frankly, we were very close to making the deal happen. I also don't want to discuss all the details, but please guys, tell the truth.

Alan, you are always welcome in our dealership, and can always personally deal with either myself or my sales manager Mike Bush. We want lifelong customers who receive a solid value for their money.

Thanks for your time, and Safe Riding !!

John Bobela

General Manager
Colorado Powersports Boulder East

Anonymous
Thu Jan 30th, 2003, 06:18 PM
Hey John -

Which part of my post wasn't true?

As for ever coming in again - Yeah, right. Be right over.

Anonymous
Thu Jan 30th, 2003, 07:32 PM
John,

I suggest you take you own advice about telling the truth. If you are telling the truth, then you are painfully unaware of what you sales staff is doing, which would be incompetent, and quite frankly I don't know if that is better or worse than dishonesty.

Alan DID have an offer in writing, your salesman had Alan sign it, I was there.

Why so reluctant to "discuss all the details"? If your position and actions in this manner are so squeaky clean, then why not lay all the cards on the table?

The reality of the matter is since the consolidation of the dealers in Boulder, your sales have been anything but good. However, rather than take the opportunity to go the extra mile, and create solid word of mouth business, you want to play typical dealer sales games, and then come onto this forum and defend your deception by accusing Alan and I of not telling the truth so people won't think less of you and your shop. Because that certainly is likely John... I'm sure people, especially Alan and myself, sit around and say to ourselves "let's go into a dealer today and make up stories about how crapy they are". If we wanted to do that why even go into the shop at all? Why not just make up stories and save the hassle of having your sales people waste our time?

Oh, side note... you were nowhere near making the deal happen. Again, you are either being dishonest, or you are unaware to what your sales staff is doing.

Anonymous
Thu Jan 30th, 2003, 07:55 PM
In defense of Rocky Mountain Kawasaki-

Was there today, was treated fairly, bought another bike.

Actions speak louder than words.

Alan

Anonymous
Thu Jan 30th, 2003, 08:21 PM
There you have it... actions talk and bullsh*t walks...

Glad to hear that RMK came through...

By the way, anyone considering the purchase of a bike from a dealer should go online and purchase a dealer invoice. It will cost you about $9, but hen you will know excatly what the dealer paid for the bike, and can quickly surmize all of the extra inflated charges they apply to make their profit margin, and then you can deal on the up and up...

Hozerking
Thu Jan 30th, 2003, 09:19 PM
Dealers suck! (previous comment was not directed at a particular person just dealers in general)

Pretty much expalins why I orderd my bike out of state .... :lol: :D

-al

Anonymous
Thu Jan 30th, 2003, 10:56 PM
Just a warning guys - While we created this forum for people to express opinions about motorcycle-related businesses, and while I will always welcome a business owner's defense of themselves, keep it nice. If this descends into a flame war I will lock the thread.

:D

EDIT: Let me add one more thing: My comment above is objective, and only applies if this turns into an insult-fest. I've seen it happen before many times, and this has the beginning signs, so I'm heading it off at the pass. I don't care what is said, as long as it's civil in presentation. ANY implication that myself or any other CSC officer would close this just to support one side's views over another is nonsense (yes this is coming from somewhere, I will leave it at that). If someone else got offended by what I wrote, or feels there is a bias in the management of CSC, by all means PM me and we can discuss it.

Nick_Ninja
Thu Jan 30th, 2003, 10:57 PM
Well it obviously has come full circle. It is aparent that John Bobela, the General Manager of Colorado Powersports, Boulder East, doesn’t have a clue as to the strong history and support that Cycles of Boulder left on his door step. Larry, the owner of Cycle’s of Boulder, tried in vain to make aware that the Cycles of Boulder clientele wouldn’t put up with the BS that CPS brought to the table. Now it is obvious. Customers are using this forum to announce and warn others of less than appropriate business dealings within a well established customer base. I can do nothing more than support my fellow biker brethren in their endeavors to fulfill their two-wheeled addictions other than with Colorado Powersports.

So eloquently stated by kneedragon:

In defense of Rocky Mountain Kawasaki-

Was there today, was treated fairly, bought another bike.

Actions speak louder than words.

Alan

Marshall, Doc, Rodger, and Marv, (yes he actually tunes the Colorado Powersports sponsored bike that Ricky Orlando rode last year (2002) in the MRA.) will not rip you off. They have been, and will be, around after Colorado Powersports packs their bags and leaves the columbine state. There are a whole lot of ‘old’ enthusiasts that have made up their minds as to what accepted good business practices consist of. CPS does not enter this category of professionalism.

:321:

dgoldan
Sat Jul 12th, 2003, 02:32 PM
I had a friend take his Kawasaki Concours to Rocky Mountain Kawasaki in Longmont for some routine service work. He had just installed a brake light modulator, that was working properly.

When he picked up the bike, they told him that they had "fixed" the brake light, in addition to the requested service. What he found when he got home was that they had removed the modulator and kept it. He went back a few days later and retrieved the modulator, but they refused to credit him the charge for "fixing" it in the first place. They also never mentioned removing the modulator.

He thinks the service tech was trying to keep it for himself. Why else would they have removed it, kept it for days (instead of throwing it away if it really was defective) and never then never said anything about removing it.

Nick_Ninja
Sat Jul 12th, 2003, 10:29 PM
Well he should ream them a new one ......... :321: :evil:

BlueDevil
Mon Jul 14th, 2003, 07:02 AM
Its nice to see John chime in to try to save face for his company. However, with all the CO Powersports trouble mentioned in this section, I doubt its possible in this group. There are so many riders in CO and in this group that read this and many forums out there. So far I have yet to read good things about CO Powersports. Unfortunately someone earlier was right. Word of mouth will carry far more weight that the ahhh mighty advertising dollar. I know that the "slogans and catch phrases " like "We Pride ourself on our service" etc, work in the average case of the 1 time shopper or attention getter, but when push comes to shove it just doesnt hold up. I have spent bout 33K from what I can tell, with CO Powersports (In several locations total) and I can honestly say not another dollar will be spent there as long as I walk this earth. The time I have had to take off work the several trips and years of my life lost in stress from dealing with countless issues have made me feel this is not the place to do biz with. It seems they are still doing biz cause the doors are open but if this kind of work and treatment continues I cant imagine this company will exist for much longer.
I realize its a biz and things happen from time to time but ALL the time is not acceptable. Best of luck to your biz but you can rest assure I will not spend another hard earned dollar in any of the CO Powersports locations.

Nick_Ninja
Mon Jul 14th, 2003, 08:21 AM
BlueDevil wrote:

It seems they are still doing biz cause the doors are open ..........(snip)

The Boulder store (Honda & Kawasaki) is like a ghost town each and every time my buddy goes into see Orlando. I won't step foot in that rat hole.