PDA

View Full Version : Want to help make changes in the Dirt Talk area? Look here

Bertha
Tue Apr 10th, 2007, 05:45 PM
So it seems that the "dark" side is growing strong in our numbers...

What's some things you'd like to see?

One idea...

Dirt Talk or *Dark Side*

then sub areas

Supermoto
MX
Trails

???

Also why don't we get together some kind of data base...

Maps trails locations etc..

I know Dean has scaned in my rampart and woodland park maps... So put something together like
Rampart Range. here's the map, here's how to get here, kind of rides, reviews...
Woodland park... etc..

That way people could somewhat easily find a new place to ride... I know I had a TON of fun riding out in Rabbit Valley a few weeks ago.

MX area would have info on the local tracks etc.
Same with the supermoto...

Thoughts

Bueller
Tue Apr 10th, 2007, 06:02 PM
SUPERMOTO!!!!!
And definately trail talk area, I think we should make as much effort to ride new trail systems this year, and a trail database would be good thing.
MX, I don't have a lot of interest in that one but others would.

Bertha
Tue Apr 10th, 2007, 06:13 PM
I couldn't agree with you more! I have almost ALL my saturdays open to riding dirt... so if you have ideas and places you want to go let me know.

Bueller
Tue Apr 10th, 2007, 06:27 PM
http://izzy.org/pics/co/Riding%20and%20Camping/Crested%20Butte/Map-HighRes.htm

Crested Butte

RayCer
Wed Apr 11th, 2007, 12:05 PM
I think it is a great idea! I just started riding dirt again and would like to find some people to do trail rides with. I also just got my GF a 250x for her first bike and so she is learning how to ride and hopefully will be ready for some easier trail rides this summer.

I am also considering a SM for my third bike, so having a forum specific to SM would be great too!

eklew
Wed Apr 11th, 2007, 01:27 PM
Sumo and trail riding would be great!

pauliep
Wed Apr 11th, 2007, 01:29 PM
I think I'm going to try to keep up with Elden next time with my 110 :)

Filo
Wed Apr 11th, 2007, 02:14 PM
I am up for sumo and trail riding sections. Maybe another for other MX competition like hare scrambles, straigt MX, indoor flat track, etc. Personally I am not interested in any of the stuff in the second sentence, but maybe someone is. I tried the track at Berthoud and scared the wee-wee out of myself.

AshliRider44
Wed Apr 11th, 2007, 02:17 PM
OOH! And list specific meeting areas at each location so that if people want to meet up last minute they can!!!

AshliRider44
Wed Apr 11th, 2007, 02:17 PM
I think it is a great idea! I just started riding dirt again and would like to find some people to do trail rides with. I also just got my GF a 250x for her first bike and so she is learning how to ride and hopefully will be ready for some easier trail rides this summer.

I am also considering a SM for my third bike, so having a forum specific to SM would be great too!

WOOHOO!!! Send her my way, I'd love to have another girl to ride with!! "Our numbers are growing!" :devious:

Filo
Wed Apr 11th, 2007, 02:27 PM

Hey, my bike is a 250X. Does that mean I am a girl? Am I your girlfriend? Shouldn't we at least meet before take that step?

AshliRider44
Wed Apr 11th, 2007, 02:40 PM
Hey, my bike is a 250X. Does that mean I am a girl? Am I your girlfriend? Shouldn't we at least meet before take that step?

I want a 250X, so maybe that does make you a girl!! ;) he he he

Bertha
Wed Apr 11th, 2007, 02:54 PM
Hey I've got a RMz250 and LOVE IT! But I AM looking at getting an Aprilia RXV450... mmmm Tasty!
http://www.af1racing.com/photogallery/06aprilia/rxv1.jpg

Ash you've gotta get Jenny to like dirt! I'd love for her to come over to the dark side!

There's just something hot about a chick riding dirt... Maybe it's the idea of the tits bouncing around... mmm tasty!

Buddau
Wed Apr 11th, 2007, 03:14 PM
Supermoto, track info, and trail info would be great. A dirt pictures section would be cool to.
How about a place to post down loadable maps for GPS?
Just because it's a 250 does not mean it's a girls bike!
Good idea!

Bertha
Wed Apr 11th, 2007, 03:19 PM
yeah or a google pin points...

Yeah 250 thumper is a GREAT bike

AshliRider44
Wed Apr 11th, 2007, 03:32 PM
Hey I've got a RMz250 and LOVE IT! But I AM looking at getting an Aprilia RXV450... mmmm Tasty!

Ash you've gotta get Jenny to like dirt! I'd love for her to come over to the dark side!

There's just something hot about a chick riding dirt... Maybe it's the idea of the tits bouncing around... mmm tasty!

Just tell her I ride topless :lol: :boobies: She'll always come with then!!!!

Me on my XR200 (Bad pic, oh well!!!)

Jenny
Wed Apr 11th, 2007, 03:35 PM
mmm ashli topless. I wouldn't be able to ride then, girl! All I could do would be to stare and drool :lol: :P

and no way is that a bad pic! That's a HOT dirbikin chick.

AshliRider44
Wed Apr 11th, 2007, 03:39 PM
mmm ashli topless. I wouldn't be able to ride then, girl! All I could do would be to stare and drool :lol: :P

and no way is that a bad pic! That's a HOT dirbikin chick.

Will you settle for topless tanning inbetween trails??? I think Jenny's in for sure!! woot!! :lol:

Awwwww :oops:

RayCer
Wed Apr 11th, 2007, 03:40 PM
The 250x was the best i thought for her to learn on and for some of my friends to ride when she is not up for it. It is a fun bike, i rode it two weeks ago out at Thunder Valley and was pretty impressed. Granted, it doesnt have the power of my 450, but it is still a blast!

we should plan a "welcome to the dark side" ride as soon as the weather gets a little nicer?

what do you all think?

AshliRider44
Wed Apr 11th, 2007, 03:42 PM
The 250x was the best i thought for her to learn on and for some of my friends to ride when she is not up for it. It is a fun bike, i rode it two weeks ago out at Thunder Valley and was pretty impressed. Granted, it doesnt have the power of my 450, but it is still a blast!

we should plan a "welcome to the dark side" ride as soon as the weather gets a little nicer?

what do you all think?

:yes: Too bad my babe's leg is broken tho!! :(

Filo
Wed Apr 11th, 2007, 03:44 PM
Will you settle for topless tanning inbetween trails??? I think Jenny's in for sure!! woot!! :lol:

Awwwww :oops:

Crikey, if there is topless tanning in between, I am in for sure too. Dave won't mind. I don't touch. Just stare. I have never seen breasts in real life, you know. :)

Or is this going to be one of those "Our topless trail riding adventures are off limits to anyone with a penis:scream1:" kind of things?

Bertha
Wed Apr 11th, 2007, 03:48 PM
sad face, i don't think i'll ever be able to get Jenny to come over to the dark side :(

AshliRider44
Wed Apr 11th, 2007, 03:49 PM
Crikey, if there is topless tanning in between, I am in for sure too. Dave won't mind. I don't touch. Just stare. I have never seen breasts in real life, you know. :)

Or is this going to be one of those "Our topless trail riding adventures are off limits to anyone with a penis :scream1:" kind of things?

:spit: you got it!!!

Bertha
Wed Apr 11th, 2007, 03:50 PM
ok ok back on topic...

Please post your ideas wants etc here...

Feathered upstart!
Wed Apr 11th, 2007, 04:04 PM
After reading this thread I'm glad my XR is running again:hump:

BigE
Wed Apr 11th, 2007, 08:25 PM
Great idea!

Only wouldn't the "Dark Side" be riding a cruiser???

Bueller
Wed Apr 11th, 2007, 08:30 PM
Great idea!

Only wouldn't the "Dark Side" be riding a cruiser???
Only if you're Fly Bot.
I think anything but the standard sportbike would be considered Dark Side riding

rforsythe
Fri Apr 13th, 2007, 05:30 PM
Ok so I want to keep the general "dirt talk" area, and make two sub-areas: Supermoto, and Trail Rides. I don't see a need for an MX area, there just isn't that much of it on here, but the other two areas seem to be gaining popularity.

I'll leave this up for discussion for another week or so...

Lurch
Fri Apr 13th, 2007, 06:07 PM
Ok so I want to keep the general "dirt talk" area, and make two sub-areas: Supermoto, and Trail Rides. I don't see a need for an MX area, there just isn't that much of it on here, but the other two areas seem to be gaining popularity.

I'll leave this up for discussion for another week or so...

That would be great...I plan on riding alot more trails this year and would love to have a place to plan rides and such.

The motard section would be a bonus. As much as I hated them in the MRA (they just took up too much time) they are damn fun and then Bueller and Krod will have a place to taunt me about not having one YET.

Lurch

Filo
Fri Apr 13th, 2007, 06:09 PM
The motard section would be a bonus. As much as I hated them in the MRA (they just took up too much time) they are damn fun and then Bueller and Krod will have a place to taunt me about not having one YET.

What about me? I don't get to taunt you? Just because I have one and you don't? I'll let you ride mine for the license class if you want...

Lurch
Fri Apr 13th, 2007, 06:12 PM
What about me? I don't get to taunt you? Just because I have one and you don't? I'll let you ride mine for the license class if you want...

Oh yea and that Filo clown too. So what the hell good would a license be if I don't have a bike. Besides with my effing experence I don't need no effing license.

rforsythe
Fri Apr 13th, 2007, 06:24 PM

Lurch

I dunno, the single funniest thing I ever saw at the track was you running a fiddy in mini-supermoto, and jumping that poor bike at SCR.

Lurch
Fri Apr 13th, 2007, 06:52 PM
I dunno, the single funniest thing I ever saw at the track was you running a fiddy in mini-supermoto, and jumping that poor bike at SCR.

But the scary thing was that was Turpin's bike and it cost something like $8000. Then I ran out of gas and thought I had seized the damn thing. Luckly I stole some gas from the air fence blower and got back in the race.

FZRguy
Sun Apr 22nd, 2007, 02:11 AM
Dirt Talk

Trails
SM
MXI’ll be cranky if you omit MX!

rforsythe
Sun Apr 22nd, 2007, 11:30 AM
Other than 3 people who want MX, is it really going to have much value? One has to wonder...

Bueller
Sun Apr 22nd, 2007, 03:21 PM
If we had a Supermoto forum we could post about Filo's podium finish.

rforsythe
Sun Apr 22nd, 2007, 08:37 PM
If we had a Supermoto forum we could post about Filo's podium finish.

Sounds like you just did! ;)

Bueller
Sun Apr 22nd, 2007, 08:42 PM
Sounds like you just did! ;)
But the details are lacking :violin:

FZRguy
Mon Apr 23rd, 2007, 12:54 AM
Other than 3 people who want MX, is it really going to have much value? One has to wonder...

How ‘bout MX, Hare Scrambles, Races?

rforsythe
Mon Apr 23rd, 2007, 08:23 AM
But the details are lacking :violin:

Not my fault yer posting skills are gah-bage!:slappers:

krod
Mon Apr 23rd, 2007, 08:31 AM
Supermoto section and a trail section would be great. :)

Bueller
Mon Apr 23rd, 2007, 03:49 PM
Not my fault yer posting skills are gah-bage!:slappers:
That's why we gots Filo (see HighSide post :) )

Buddau
Mon Apr 23rd, 2007, 03:55 PM
Am I one of 3 the memebers that want a MX section?
We do it all on the dirt, Hare Scrambles, trails, and MX.
I know this is mainly a sport bike club, but maybe the reason not many MX'rs are here is because there is no section for them.
There is always Thumper Talk. :roll:

Alchemist
Tue Apr 24th, 2007, 09:48 AM
I agree with Buddau...I do understand this is a sportbike site, but many of us like to get down and dirty too! I'd like to see MX in here too...

Am I one of 3 the memebers that want a MX section?
We do it all on the dirt, Hare Scrambles, trails, and MX.
I know this is mainly a sport bike club, but maybe the reason not many MX'rs are here is because there is no section for them.
There is always Thumper Talk. :roll:

FZRguy
Fri Apr 27th, 2007, 12:32 PM
Works okay the way it is…:dunno:

rforsythe
Tue Jul 3rd, 2007, 09:20 AM
Alrighty, I've created Sumo and Trails sub-forums (you will see the links at the top of the thread list, and on the main forum page).

Since Bertha is a moderator I am giving him the special task of moving the threads that should be in those sub-forums from here to there.

Bueller
Thu Jul 12th, 2007, 08:17 PM
Since Bertha is a moderator I am giving him the special task of moving the threads that should be in those sub-forums from here to there.
Now all he needs to do is show up here sometime this month:)