PDA

View Full Version : Looking for brake caliper rebuild kit

Knuckle Dragger
Fri Apr 13th, 2007, 08:06 PM
I am looking for a front brake caliper rebuild kit for my 1999 ZX9R; it has two front calipers and they are both six piston calipers. They are made by Toxico if anyone can help please let me know, I have a PM sent to TFOG. This kit is proving hard to find on the net was wondering if rubber "o" rings could be used to rebuild the calipers, if anyone has any input please educate me.

Lurch
Fri Apr 13th, 2007, 08:40 PM
Have you tried a local dealer? If not try this? Just order the 12 O rings per side.
http://houseofmotorcycles.bikebandit.com/partsbandit/oem_schematic_view~schem_dept_id~324711~section_de pt_id~1~section_dept_name~OEM+%28Stock%29+Parts~de pt_type_id~2~model_dept_year~1999~model_dept_mfr~K awasaki~model_dept_id~305736~model_dept_name~NINJA +ZX-9R%28ZX900C2%29US.asp

Lurch

irdave
Fri Apr 20th, 2007, 07:57 AM
My Brembo rebuild kit came with the seals and new pistons... I'd pick up a new pad retaining pin/pins while you're at it.

Knuckle Dragger
Fri Apr 20th, 2007, 08:56 AM
Sorry should have posted an up-date this project is done as well I am half way through my fork seal change as well. Would have had it done yeasterday but the wife got in an auto accident; short story all is well but the truck at the shop now.