PDA

View Full Version : Gear recommendation time

rforsythe
Sun Apr 15th, 2007, 08:52 PM
Ok so I am looking for gear recommendations for the "adventure riding" type of stuff, i.e. pavement not required disappear into the mountains for a few days type of stuff (or just commuting in shitty weather). You know, the type of riding I made this forum for in the first place. :D

I read a guy's review of an MSR Gore-Tex suit online so I want to check that one out, but figure some of you probably know of other good ones too.

I'll have to swing back by Fay (10% discount and all) and get some good dirt boots / lid as well, which I don't know much about. Outside of what fits best, any recommendations or stuff to stay away from?

Oh yes, this DR is about to get abused the way it was meant to. :hump:

rybo
Sun Apr 15th, 2007, 09:20 PM
Ralph,

I commuted over 20K miles in my aerostich gear last year and it's really great stuff. You'll read reviews about the crotch area leaking, but if you pay close attention to the velcro flaps over the zippers you won't have any trouble.

I have a roadcrafter and it's great. I'm guessing the Darien stuff is more suited to the dual sport thing.

Check their sale page, there are usually good deals there.

www.aerostich.com

Bueller
Sun Apr 15th, 2007, 09:22 PM
My Sidi flex force boots are water "proof/resistant" comfortable and replaceable soles, white ones are very Power Rangerish :lol:
MX helmet very windy and open. Arai XD is the shit but I won't spend that kind of $ on a helmet any more. In the cold I wear a road helmet.
$450 range.
http://www.cyclegear.com/images/StreetHelmets/arai%20xd%20helmet%20motard%20black_310x310.jpg
I have just worn my Joe Rocket Ballistic over pant and Tourmaster Jacket.