PDA

View Full Version : Gene Bazyl Memorial Fund

jplracing
Wed Apr 18th, 2007, 08:44 AM
April 18, 2007

All-

Re: Gene Bazyl Memorial Fund

As many of you are aware Jenny Locicero and I were put in charge of liquidating some of Gene’s motorcycle related assets. With the permission of Gene’s parents, we were able to deposit those funds into the Gene Bazyl Safety Fund with the intent to positively affect track safety in Colorado.

Well after nine months we have almost reached our goal. Last week we were able to make the second deposit into the fund. The fund has now reached $10,246.70. I am also estimating that the remainder of the assets will raise another $2 -$2.5k.

At this writing a decision of how to spend the money is still in the works. However, with the possibility of two new tracks being built in Colorado, it may be to our advantage to address safety concerns with the new tracks.

I personally would like to thank Bart and Brian of TK Motorsports (Now TK/Faster) for all of there help in dismantling, advertising and selling a lot of the equipment. Thank you to Frank Diranna for his help with the 502 sticker drive. And of course, Jenny Locicero deserves a lot of the credit for assisting me the entire way. I truly believe that we will make a strong change to the condition of our local tracks.

To all the people that donated to the sticker drive, bid on the auction or just donated their time and money…thank you.

Sincerely,

Joe LoGalbo

rybo
Wed Apr 18th, 2007, 08:49 AM
Joe,

I just want to say that I'm proud of our community for pulling together to make something so meaningful happen. You, Jenny and a host of others really came together even in the wake of personal tragedy to do something truly meaningful.

You have my respect and my thanks.

scott

pauliep
Wed Apr 18th, 2007, 09:05 AM
+1 what Scott said

Gene has and will be still influencing other riders in years to come. Truely amazing how that works.

(I'm not the best at putting thank you's together, but that says it right there)

AshliRider44
Wed Apr 18th, 2007, 10:02 AM
:yay: Thats fantastic news Joe!!! :yay:

~Barn~
Wed Apr 18th, 2007, 10:56 AM
Tremendous work you guys.

Mel
Wed Apr 18th, 2007, 01:27 PM
Good work Joe! I have a couple things to do (still...I just haven't had the heart to deal with it) and I will be making a deposit your way as well. Thanks again to you (and 4Horesemen) and Jenny and Gene's parents and everyone for pulling together. I would take Gene back any day over this, but anything that helps his legacy live on....