PDA

View Full Version : Manitou Springs Laws and Motorcycles with aftermarket/loud exhausts

Ghost Rider
Thu Apr 19th, 2007, 11:49 AM
Had this sent to me.

http://manitousprings-co.gov/PDF/Motorcycle_Brochure.pdf

So all are aware.

Nat

McVaaahhh
Thu Apr 19th, 2007, 11:53 AM
In other words, don't be a jackass. If you're running straight pipes that means you're a jackass. 8)

Spiderman
Thu Apr 19th, 2007, 11:57 AM
Moved to Canyon Carving, with redirects left in General and Southern CO.

Toner
Thu Apr 19th, 2007, 06:03 PM
As much as I don't like motorcycle regulation, I am familiar with this area and am inclined to think that this "ordinance" is mostly directed towards the obnoxious Hardley's that frequent both Manitou and Old Colorado City with their blaring pipes.

There has been a large effort by the city and merchants to rejuvenate this area, and I would imagine the idea is to become more "tourist" friendly.

My experience with the police in this area is that they are friendly and forgiving, so I think the moral of the story is “don’t be an idiot.”

cornhuskxr
Thu Apr 19th, 2007, 06:25 PM
I think you need to put those stock pipes back on the zx14 ghostrider :slap:

Ghost Rider
Thu Apr 19th, 2007, 06:41 PM
What ---Can't hear ya ----you lost your keys again -is that what you said???

:slap:

cornhuskxr
Thu Apr 19th, 2007, 06:44 PM

oh ouch that hurt!!! I feel like a victim here like in my attorney thread

firegixx600
Thu Apr 19th, 2007, 07:36 PM
Is there really anything but straight pipes that are louder than a harley? c'mon now

ZX Rider
Thu Apr 19th, 2007, 07:53 PM

:lol:

Bandit
Thu Apr 19th, 2007, 09:37 PM
My experience with the police in this area is that they are friendly and forgiving, so I think the moral of the story is “don’t be an idiot.”

Manitou cops suck ass ....

Bassil Duwaik
Thu Apr 19th, 2007, 09:42 PM
sounds like a hick town

Nick_Ninja
Thu Apr 19th, 2007, 09:46 PM
Manitou cops suck ass ....

The last time I conversed with a Manitou swine I was trippin' my ass off on good microdot :twisted: ............................ and then was offered a place to stay for the evening at the Manitou Hilton. :D

................ and it's not what you think :lol:

Both officers were serious about offering up a place to stay for the night --- no arrest necessary. It was the first 4th of July after the first DUI law was passed. 1984 I believe. :up:

Brat
Sat Apr 21st, 2007, 10:26 AM
ive ridden through with my yoshimura talkin and havent been stressed yet, its pretty loud. but a harley behind me comes through shaking bolts outta my fairings.. thats bad exhaust. they pick and choose depends on what day you catchem imo.
Brat