PDA

View Full Version : Let's see your dyno #s

Dub
Wed May 5th, 2004, 12:13 PM
I'm bored at work....

So let's see who's got bragging rights for the highest HP #s around here. I heard rumors of a turbo Busa putting about 300 to the wheel. Please list HP, torque, modifications, who's dyno, etc.

I recently had my Duc dyno tuned with a power commander and laid down 85whp & 65lb/ft. Free beer tonight at Brecks for anyone that can beat those #s. :lol:

Just kidding on the beer. :P

Anonymous
Wed May 5th, 2004, 12:26 PM
I just SAW a turbo Busa at TK last week, that puts down about 450-500 before the tire breaks loose. Motor is capable of 700+HP at full boost.

When you see it, you get this little tingle in the back of your neck, and realize you should be very afraid of this machine. It just looks ... evil. :twisted:

friscokidd
Wed May 5th, 2004, 12:28 PM
I just SAW a turbo Busa at TK last week, that puts down about 450-500 before the tire breaks loose. Motor is capable of 700+HP at full boost.

When you see it, you get this little tingle in the back of your neck, and realize you should be very afraid of this machine. It just looks ... evil. :twisted:

*drooling* that would be hella sweeet! But what would you do with a 700hp busa in the canyons or track? :?

Anonymous
Wed May 5th, 2004, 12:31 PM

*drooling* that would be hella sweeet! But what would you do with a 700hp busa in the canyons or track? :?

Given that you'd never get 700HP to the ground, absolutely nothing. But at about the 450HP level, it makes a phuckin sweet drag bike at Bandimere. ;) (The rear swingarm was extended probably a good foot back from where it normally is, bike is lowered, etc...)

Sportmax
Wed May 5th, 2004, 12:37 PM
My friend down at school had a Turbo Busa. Hella fast. This was at sea lever not up here.
He could barly get down the track with out doint like 3 wheelies.
Not sure on the HP rating though. The turbo was so small he was making like 40-50 psi, capible of 60psi.

zPurpleRoom
Wed May 5th, 2004, 12:57 PM
If you want someing like that....take a look at Erico Motorsports used bike page....he has one.....too scary for me! :no:

Dysco
Wed May 5th, 2004, 11:25 PM

Given that you'd never get 700HP to the ground, absolutely nothing. But at about the 450HP level, it makes a phuckin sweet drag bike at Bandimere. ;) (The rear swingarm was extended probably a good foot back from where it normally is, bike is lowered, etc...)

The guy that rides that bike is pretty cool. He had to bring it into the shop because the butterfly valves bent backwards during a race :o
He said he heard a pop going into third gear, cut the power and coasted to the end of the strip. His speed was 40 MPH at the trap. Time was 11.04. That's about the time a stock 'busa would make given the use of all of its gears. :shock:

Nick_Ninja
Wed May 5th, 2004, 11:51 PM
Here they are ------ read 'um and weap :evil: :D

http://www.holeshot.com/imgsrv/w_500/zzr/on_dyno.jpg

http://www.holeshot.com/dynocharts/images/zzr_so.png

Dub
Thu May 6th, 2004, 07:22 AM
http://www.holeshot.com/dynocharts/images/zzr_so.png

Well....Had you posted this yesterday you could have hit me up for the beer last night. ;) Impressive #s!!

CSUAdam
Thu May 6th, 2004, 02:25 PM

Here you are, read um and weap...........................603 pounds wet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:lol:

Nick_Ninja
Thu May 6th, 2004, 02:51 PM

Here you are, read um and weap...........................603 pounds wet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:lol:

Ahhhhh! But anything lighter I'd be blown off the road at over 100mph :D

Ripper
Thu May 6th, 2004, 03:15 PM

Was it Black and Blue??? I sold one to a short Itialian guy back in 00' or 01', I ran across him at Bandi last year, he was telling me about the turbo kit he had just ordered :o That thing was fast as hell then, I'd love to see it run now!!! :shock:

Dysco
Thu May 6th, 2004, 03:17 PM

Was it Black and blue???

yep

surfinspacegirl
Thu May 6th, 2004, 03:57 PM
He said he heard a pop going into third gear, cut the power and coasted to the end of the strip. His speed was 40 MPH at the trap. Time was 11.04. That's about the time a stock 'busa would make given the use of all of its gears. :shock:

:shock: Heard a pop???

So it went something like this:

BWAAAAAAABWAAAAABWAAAAAAAAAAApopAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAP

How the hell did he hear anything??? :lol:

FWIW, I sat on a twin nitrous turbo monster something at TK. Didn't have the guts to fire it up :lol:

Kauai Boy
Mon Jun 7th, 2004, 09:22 PM
http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/uploads/dyno_run_01.JPG

:bow:

I know there are stronger bikes out there, but I do have tons of fun on this one! :up:

Rick T.
Mon Jun 7th, 2004, 09:25 PM

I know there are stronger bikes out there, but I do have tons of fun on this one! :up:

:o GeeZus...

D-White
Tue Jun 8th, 2004, 10:22 AM

:o GeeZus...
You can say that again. :shock:

Lurch
Tue Jun 8th, 2004, 07:44 PM
03 GSXR 1000
Dynojet Dyno at TK
Pipe,Powercommander, good gas

160HP at rear wheel

Lurch

Wahooman
Tue Jun 8th, 2004, 11:13 PM
Total Stock 03' Gixxer 750