PDA

View Full Version : PRESS RELEASE: Racing 2 Save Lives endurance race event!

Anonymous
Wed May 5th, 2004, 01:37 PM
As promised, here is the OFFICIAL press release on Racing 2 Save Lives, the first ever event of it's kind!

Link to the Press Release: Click Here (http://www.racing2savelives.org/pr/Press_Release_050504.pdf)

So how does this involve you? We need people! We're going to need racers and volunteer staff alike, so I'm breaking it out into sections below to give you an idea of what will be involved.

RACERS: We are currently working on getting bikes donated for our use during this race, along with the consumables (fuel, tires, oil, etc) we'll need to go through. We are anticipating over 100 racers during the week-long event, including some celebrity guest riders. In order to be a racer in this event, you must hold a current race license with the MRA or other motorcycle roadracing organization and have a current AMA membership - just like if you wanted to sign up for an MRA race. Racers will ride in shifts of probably about an hour (remember this is an endurance race, not a sprint - so you're not riding as hard), and we'll have enough bikes to keep things moving even while doing maintenence on one or two at a time.

CSC MEMBERS AND VOLUNTEERS: We are intending for the Colorado Sportbike Club to form the staff necessary to pull this off! The response from everyone so far has been incredible, and we need even more of it. Basically we need pit crews and other logistical support from those who won't be racing (or even those who will, if they want to do it in their off time). While we cannot expect to have a complete corner crew staff for the entire time, if some of you can do this and get time off during the week, at least having flaggers at a few points around the track would be useful. (We will have some modified corner procedures in place.)

Our official website isn't quite up yet, as the domain name is still taking effect. As soon as it is, we'll have an official signup on there. While it's good to see everyone showing their support here (please keep doing it!), that will be the "gospel" on who is volunteering their time, and as such we'll have you all go sign up there.

Many details are in the press release, so please read that before asking questions. Many more answers will be up on the website very soon.

Even though it's in the press release, I do want to point out that KBPI wants to do a week and a half of nonstop promotion for this event, and we're talking with Speed Channel about airing a story during Two-Wheel Tuesday... So this is a great way to show how the CSC, MRA, and Colorado's sportbiking community are the best people around!

This is going to be historic, as nothing like this has ever been done before. We expect it to be an annual event for years to come, and want every single one of you to be a part of it! :up:

Dysco
Thu May 6th, 2004, 02:15 PM
Apache/2.0.48 (Unix) mod_perl/1.99_12 Perl/v5.8.2 PHP/4.3.4 Server at www.racing2savelives.org Port 80

Almost up :D

haywood jablome
Thu May 6th, 2004, 02:37 PM
Ill head up security if you want. f there is going to be celebs there we might want something there. If not ill do what you tell me to do. HEHE

Anonymous
Thu May 6th, 2004, 03:02 PM
Ill head up security if you want. f there is going to be celebs there we might want something there. If not ill do what you tell me to do. HEHE

Thanks Chad,

I think we'll be ok w/o security (by celeb riders I mean famous racers and the like - they seem to do fine at the AMA's without bodyguards present). :)

friscokidd
Thu May 6th, 2004, 03:21 PM
I wanna be part of the security tooooo :lol: :D

Brizz
Thu May 6th, 2004, 03:43 PM
Me too Me too. LoLo can set up sniper positions. :sniper:

CBRChick
Thu May 6th, 2004, 04:35 PM
I wanna be part of the security tooooo :lol: :D

I'll be a body guard for a racer ... a hot racer that is ... you know ... like if Ben Bostrom decides to show up and give his support :P

Anonymous
Thu May 6th, 2004, 04:39 PM
There won't be security. :roll:

However, if you all want to cornerwork or do other volunteer tasks, that would be most appreciated! ;) :)

CBRChick
Thu May 6th, 2004, 04:39 PM
There won't be security. :roll:

However, if you all want to cornerwork or do other volunteer tasks, that would be most appreciated! ;) :)

:hibye: I wanna race!!!!! Or cornerwork ... sometimes :P

Anonymous
Thu May 6th, 2004, 04:42 PM
So long as you have a current race license and AMA membership, you can race in R2SL. ;)

CBRChick
Thu May 6th, 2004, 04:47 PM
So long as you have a current race license and AMA membership, you can race in R2SL. ;)

So ... that means I need to pay my $80 to get my license "renewed" and get a number?

Ripper
Thu May 6th, 2004, 05:29 PM
Ralph are you ever gonna email me those stats?

Anonymous
Thu May 6th, 2004, 06:36 PM

So ... that means I need to pay my $80 to get my license "renewed" and get a number?

Yes, if you want to ride in this thing... :)

Of course if you race in July with the MRA like you were talking about, you will need to anyway, so...

Ripper: I will do it tonight when I get home. Couldn't the last couple days between work and everything else.

CBRChick
Thu May 6th, 2004, 08:00 PM
Yes, if you want to ride in this thing... :)

Of course if you race in July with the MRA like you were talking about, you will need to anyway, so...

Yeah ... I figured that ...I was just wondering for the worst case scenario that I wasn't racing by then :) But ... (fingers crossed) Alan and I will have a race bike before the AMAs at PPIR ... so, in a couple weeks!!! :headbang:

We'll just have to figure out how to split up the races :D

Anonymous
Thu May 6th, 2004, 08:18 PM

Easy ... put him in the slow ones! :lol:

Canuck
Fri May 7th, 2004, 05:41 PM
I would be highly interested in participating.

Dysco
Fri May 7th, 2004, 06:48 PM
Ooooh- graphics! http://www.racing2savelives.org/RTSL-logo-web.PNG

Hoopty
Wed May 12th, 2004, 03:23 PM
I'd be interested, but days off are few and far between... :| Afternoons are good though! :)

Dysco
Wed May 12th, 2004, 05:08 PM
I can do mornings until 2pm every day.

lifeon2
Thu May 13th, 2004, 08:34 PM
Dunlop or Tomahawk might be interested in helping with tires I'll check with my contacts there a few more details might help sway them a little though, like who are we racing to save? if I could get a pm or an email with a little more detail, something I could send them, it would be great. Also a basic idea of the more common tire sizes needed would help these guys like hard numbers

720-276-0106

rick@lifeon2.com

Anonymous
Fri May 14th, 2004, 08:51 AM
Thanks lifeon2,

We're actually working to get a tire sponsor right now, but I will let you know if that falls through for some reason.

:cheers:

lifeon2
Fri May 14th, 2004, 09:23 AM
Cool definitly do that I think I may have some good luck Tomahawk they do make race slicks and I have been testing their sport and sport touring tires they are pretty dam sticky never fear for those of you not diggin the colored thing they do make them in black :D but think of the colored burn outs :lol:

lifeon2
Fri May 14th, 2004, 10:55 AM
Hey I got a call from Ken over at Tomahawk today about the tests we're doing and I mentioned the race he said he would be more than happy to donate some tires he just needs the more pertinent information tire sizes etc and even if your sponsor works out this is probably gonna take more tires than one sponsor wants to provide

Anonymous
Thu Jun 10th, 2004, 04:20 PM
For all of you who wanted to volunteer, go sign up on the R2SL website now please! :)

http://www.racing2savelives.org

Let's show 'em what the CSC is made of!

friscokidd
Thu Jun 10th, 2004, 04:31 PM

Easy ... put him in the slow ones! :lol:

ha ha ha.....very funny peanut :roll: I dont mind loosing in some of the middle-paced onese...... :no: