PDA

View Full Version : D&D Slip on ?s

BenFolds5
Wed May 5th, 2004, 10:38 PM
Does anyone out there have any experience w/ D&D slip ons? I'm looking at getting on for my '01 ZX6R. I'm also looking at Two Bros, because of price and ease of installation.

The GECCO
Wed May 5th, 2004, 10:45 PM
D&D's are obscenely loud... :down:

BenFolds5
Wed May 5th, 2004, 10:49 PM
Are we talking "piss-off-the-neighbors-while-the-bike-is-warming-up" kind of loud? :D

Player 2
Wed May 5th, 2004, 11:07 PM
All I have to say is.....

Micron High Mount (http://www.micron-exhaust.com/store/PhotoDetail.cfm?ImageDetail=381)

Airreed
Wed May 5th, 2004, 11:16 PM
no doubt D&Ds are the loudest on the market by far.

Two Brothers are good quality pipes with a good sound, not too high and not too quite.

Dysco
Wed May 5th, 2004, 11:20 PM
D&Ds are more than piss of your neighbors loud- they'll piss you off. They're almost louder than the pipe on my TTR :D

Khalid 171
Wed May 5th, 2004, 11:25 PM
D&D's are so loud it will piss me off here in Ft. Collins, while you are in Aurora. ;) Also I haven't heard very good things about 2 bros either. I heard they sound good and give alright power gains, but the fit and finish is not that good. They start to fall apart and look like shit after a while. That is just what I heard from a few people. Just something you might want to check on before buying.

Pachuco
Thu May 6th, 2004, 08:10 AM
D&D's Are the best :lol: they are freaking loud, I have them on my superhawk. they will wake the nieghbors up and they will annoy a lot of people :D ask few of the guys around here they will attest. but they sound good, and as for performance gains they are so-so.

Rick T.
Thu May 6th, 2004, 08:19 AM
Leo Vinci... loud (but not obscene), beautiful, and Italian.

Marilou's hubby, Pete, has them on his RC51 - DAMN! Nice pipes.

D&D... ditto with Glenn.

CSUAdam
Thu May 6th, 2004, 02:18 PM
D&D's are so loud it will piss me off here in Ft. Collins, while you are in Aurora. ;)

I'm surprised that mine hasn't woke you up Khalid. Man, I hate my D&D. It was on the bike when I bought it and I've been trying to get rid of it ever since. When I make some money this summer I'm going to get rid of it.

KooLaid
Thu May 6th, 2004, 03:56 PM
D&D answer:
DON'T DO IT!!!![/u]

BenFolds5
Thu May 6th, 2004, 08:10 PM
Thanks for all the feedback. At least a learned one thing....

D&D pipes are loud :D
Loud is good, deaf by the time I'm 30(I'm 29 now) is bad :lol:

So, my search continues really leaning toward the Two Bros right now, but I'll be checking out Leo Vinci too. If anybody has a bolt on pipe for their ZX6R, it would be pretty helpful to hear from ya.

Thanks, again.

Erratic
Thu May 6th, 2004, 09:09 PM
Go with Devil pipes :up: :rock: :rock: You can check them out on Devilbikes.com and they even have sound bites (but it's nothing like hearing it in person) They sound great and have the best overall power gains that I've seen.

RF900guy
Thu May 6th, 2004, 09:39 PM
Thanks for all the feedback. At least a learned one thing....

D&D pipes are loud :D
Loud is good, deaf by the time I'm 30(I'm 29 now) is bad :lol:

So, my search continues really leaning toward the Two Bros right now, but I'll be checking out Leo Vinci too. If anybody has a bolt on pipe for their ZX6R, it would be pretty helpful to hear from ya.

Thanks, again.

I bought my RF with a D&D on it. I don't know if it a slip on or the complete system but it doesn't seam any loader (might even be quieter even) than any of the sportbikes I've heard to date.

NZ Darren
Thu May 6th, 2004, 09:40 PM
IMHO the devil shotgun is the ugliest pipe ever made

Makes me want to :puke:

Khalid 171
Thu May 6th, 2004, 11:51 PM
D&D's are so loud it will piss me off here in Ft. Collins, while you are in Aurora. ;)

I'm surprised that mine hasn't woke you up Khalid. Man, I hate my D&D. It was on the bike when I bought it and I've been trying to get rid of it ever since. When I make some money this summer I'm going to get rid of it.
Oh it does, but I know its you, so I just go back to sleep. ;)

Sparker
Fri May 7th, 2004, 12:01 AM
ive got a two brothers on my TLS.....2-1 full system straight race pipe. fugger is loud! shoots cool flames. its my Japan Flame Thrower. i wouldnt go with D&D because there is a texas flag on the canister. :lol:

BluMille
Fri May 7th, 2004, 09:06 AM
I had a D&D slip-on on my YZF600R, and it was insanely loud. Loud enough that I had to wear ear plugs most of the time. All the other cars on the road sure heard my coming though! As for comparison to stock, I couldn't hear a stock R6 running next to that bike.

friscokidd
Fri May 7th, 2004, 12:53 PM
I had an 02 ZX9R with a D&D slip on it and it was hella loud :D And i also had one on my gsxr 750, and it wasnt all THAT bad :lol:

KooLaid
Sat May 8th, 2004, 12:27 AM
I LOVE my LeoVinci, just a bit pricey.