PDA

View Full Version : Steeles Motorcycles

BisexualBritni
Thu May 6th, 2004, 12:28 AM
The Lead Mechanic, Tim Flynn, has been able to fix any and every problem I have had with my bikes. He is an expert in all Japanese bikes. If you are looking for a no hassle, reasonably charged mechanic who fixes thigns fast and right, Tim id yout guy....

Britni

JohnWu
Thu May 6th, 2004, 07:21 AM
Hmm, well from my experience, I am not to happy with Steels, albeit that has nothing to do with their service department.

Both from my experience and Scott's (nuts4ninjas) we concluded those guys just didn't really care about profit, or the customer. Ill let Scott tell his story but as far as I understand it, it took him multiple days just to get ahold of anyone down there, and once he did, he recieved conflicting stories on availability and price of parts. I went down there last week to look for part for my RZ and was met with nothing but hostility from many of the employees. One person plain out told me they had no RZ parts, but I could waste my time digging through a parts bin. But when I asked another person he revealed there were a few RD's in the yard.

Anyway I am interested in finding out what they have available, but was putoff by the arrogance of some of the staff there. That being said I am more than willing to give them another try and will contact the person listed above!

nuts4ninjas
Thu May 6th, 2004, 08:56 AM
Yup that's what happen...in short. They suck or at least their parts dept does and give the service dept a bad name..too bad.

This is the second time this month I've said what I'm about to say....

" I should grow boobies"

crazy irishman
Sun Jul 25th, 2004, 06:09 PM
Ok first off how rare is your bike
2nd how did you approach whoever you talked to
3rd did you check in with the desk before you went into the yards because they get kinda pissed when you don't check in
4th you really think they treated you different because you don't have boobs
5th there is a reason there is so many racer pics on the wall they are a good source for parts
6th did you ask them about there online parts locator
7th do you belong to the RZ owners group because I know there is one and I do know how to get ahold of a guy that could help you
8th My fiance just informed me that she never got treated any different than I did And she is a skinny big boobed blond girl

If you ask for Randy he will help you he is very knowledgable and knows where just about everything is at that place

Tim is a very good mechanic and very good guy with an old friend of mine named Eddie as one of lead mechanics

Yes Steeles is a trusted place for racers Karl Frakes #777 MRA and me #560MRA have many thank you pics down there on new and old bikes

you can call me any time to get you in touch with the RZ club
720-434-9374
Sean VP B.A.B Racing products

MUSHMEAT
Sat Aug 21st, 2004, 03:57 AM
MOST OF THE EMPLOYEES AT STEELS ARE RUDE AND DON'T GIVE A CRAP, I JUST ACCEPT IT. THEY STILL MAY HAVE WHAT YOU ARE LOOKING FOR! :x

BackDoorForFun!!
Wed Nov 24th, 2004, 02:30 PM
The customer experience from the time you enter the front door is of the utmost garbage!!! That place is a urinal!!! it disgusts me so much just thinking about it!!! And the damn staff... god it makes me want to bake a crap cake and bring it to'em!

We need another bike yard in town..... we need more then just a couple....

Jmetz
Wed Nov 24th, 2004, 02:59 PM
Wow...Talk about diging...This post had to buried under atleast 100,000.

Kim-n-Dean
Wed Nov 24th, 2004, 03:06 PM
I've never been down there because every time I call for a part they act like they're doing me a favor by looking to see if they have it. If they do have it, I ask how much and get the same treatment. They always say, "oh, somewhere around $X". I never get a straight answer. So, I always hang up the phone pissed off and call TK or just go to Yamaha. You will never get my money when you act like you're doing me a favor by taking it. These owners need to realize it's us customers that keep them in business. They need to stop catering to only the people they know and treat EVERYONE with the same respect.

fe911
Mon May 8th, 2006, 05:40 PM
I've been going to Steeles for years. I actually bought some parts for an RZ350! Go Figure-that was a few years ago though.
Any way, my story begins with the fact that I have a few bikes, and I would go in with a list for a few things. I would do this about once a month. A while back , I realized that I would have to say, I'm looking for this, do you mind if I just go back and take a look? I would do this because they were too friggin' lazy to get away from their taco bell to actually help someone. Just that one sentence- they would belch "arrright", and I would go. They had a pretty good selection, and I could usually find something that would work in the bins.
Then this one time I rode my bike down there(the running one!) And I took my tank bag and helmet in with me. Full riding leathers. I asked my usual question, they grunted, and I was off. I even called first, and they told me they had a few sets of blinkers to look through. So I went back and started rummaging through some plastic bins. It was a Wednesday, and it was pretty slow. I heard the to guys that worked there coming with a customer. Trying to remember where they kept this or that. They should have asked me, I seemed to know more about their stock than they did.
When they got to the row that I was in they started screaming bloody murder about how I wasn't supposed to be there. They ranted and raved about theives and how I was probably stealing the store.
I told them that I've always come back here to find what I need, then bring what I want up to pay them. They said that they've never allowed this and I should know that.
Yet, they still wouldn't help me, they both stood there giving me the evil eye until I found what I wanted. They even complained about this part of their job. Then they charged me way too much for blinker with rash on them.
I understand that they have a sign saying employees only, and that this industry is not known for a lot of honest dealings or customers, but shit, be consistent. They've told me to go back there at least a dozen times because they were too lazy to get off their asses to help. WTF!

Mel
Mon May 8th, 2006, 07:02 PM
:shock: ok, first let me welcome the n00b...then I will follow that by saying I am gonna kick ya square in the nuts for bringing back a thread started by bisexualbritini...now I (again) have horrible images in my head with the mention of that name, and may have to go scrub my eyes with a brillo pad to remove the images. Thanks a lot.