PDA

View Full Version : The Slacker group

CanyonCarver
Sun Apr 22nd, 2007, 05:00 PM
To the group who didn't make it on time. It was good meeting you, very very good ride today!! Looking forward to next weekend!!

dillinger09
Sun Apr 22nd, 2007, 05:03 PM
or to the guy who went to the wrong conoco.........................:banghead:

BlueDog
Sun Apr 22nd, 2007, 05:43 PM
I think we had more fun then all those serious riders with their must be on the road before 10 attitudes. Like the road we took Carver?

schnorbitz
Sun Apr 22nd, 2007, 06:38 PM
I think we had more fun then all those serious riders with their must be on the road before 10 attitudes. Like the road we took Carver?

:confused: Confucious say early rider miss traffic. Which roads did you guys hit?

BlueDog
Sun Apr 22nd, 2007, 06:51 PM
Up Morrison, to Myers Gulch, to Parmalee Gulch, to 285, wrong direction on 285 :banghead: To the right direction a.k.a. South, to Pine Junction / Pine Valley road. Turned around at the rest area before Deckers and headed back.

By the way, carver, what happened to the guy on the CBR? Looked back after that little town and it was only the three of you.

CanyonCarver
Sun Apr 22nd, 2007, 08:34 PM
Bluedog - I have no idea what happend to the CBR guy. Dillinger - it's cool. next weekend we will meet up again!

Oh and blue I loved the road, I liked the crowd also, good guys...

BlueDog
Sun Apr 22nd, 2007, 09:21 PM
Yea, definitely a good group of guys, even despite me messing up a few times in the lead it was still a good time. Almost think it could be a trend, have the original ride at 10 and then have another one leave at like 10:30 for those of us who enjoy that extra half hour of sleep.

And hmm... that is weird that the guy on the cbr just suddenly dropped out on us, hope everything was ok.

But yea, hopefully see ya up there again soon. Name was Steve right? Im terrible with names...

LightningRider
Sun Apr 22nd, 2007, 10:42 PM
Good to meet you guys, glad we had a good ride. Didn't see much sand thankfully.
I remember the CBR rider flagging my by. Perhaps he had to take a leak? Hopefully he didn't have to walk.

McVaaahhh
Mon Apr 23rd, 2007, 08:10 AM
Just curious why nobody stopped to check on the CBR guy?

Not trying to be a jerkoff or anything, but I'd like to think that if I had a problem with my bike during a group ride that someone would come back and check on me to make sure I didn't need a ride somewhere or something.

Part of the responsibility of riding in a group is to make sure that the person behind you is still in the game? What if someone goes down? If that guy is the sweeper does he just lay in a ditch until some passerby notices him? Whoever is in front of that guy needs to check behind him every once in a while to make sure that he's still there.

If the guy somehow made it clear that he's going to head another way then it's all good, but it sounds like he just disappeared and may have had a problem and nobody stopped to check with him. :dunno:

Like I said, I'm not trying to stir up any sh!t or cause Drama (we've got plenty in this club) but this thread just caused me some concern.

konichd
Mon Apr 23rd, 2007, 11:37 AM
Exactly what I was thinking Brian! :)

Please keep track of your fellow rider's on group rides, no one wants to hear some "horror" story on Monday.

Sully
Mon Apr 23rd, 2007, 12:27 PM
I was in the "Super Slacker Group" that met there at 2:00 pm... :sleeping: :D

LightningRider
Mon Apr 23rd, 2007, 04:40 PM
Well I'm new at the riding in a group thing. Guess I assumed that if someone waves me by it isn't because his bike just took a dump.

Bueller
Mon Apr 23rd, 2007, 04:45 PM
On the other hand though, if you decide to split off you need to make that intention clear.

Slo
Mon Apr 23rd, 2007, 05:17 PM
Well I'm new at the riding in a group thing. Guess I assumed that if someone waves me by it isn't because his bike just took a dump.

He may have waved you by so he could break off the pack or probably thought he wasn't carrying the same pace as the rest of you all.

After he waved you by, it would have been a good idea to watch for him at least every once in a while as someone mentioned earlier. Just in case he broke down or worse.......crashed at a later time after you passed him.

Again, not trying to bash anyone, just a few simple guidelines for safer "group riding".

CanyonCarver
Mon Apr 23rd, 2007, 05:23 PM
No he just didn't pull over and we left him, he did a thumbs up and waved lighting by. It was all good I am sure, just wanted to break off I think. I would be way ok with a 10:30 group, I like my sleep

BlueDog
Mon Apr 23rd, 2007, 06:07 PM
Yea, if he gave a thumbs up and waved you buy then imsure he was fine. He was right behind me and the rest of the group was behind him. When I saw him drop out I slowed down and let everyone catch up, even the guy that was way in the back, and since everyone had passed him I assumed there were no issues...

LightningRider
Tue Apr 24th, 2007, 11:10 AM
Alright. I'm a little wiser now.

Sully
Tue Apr 24th, 2007, 11:19 AM
This information should have been covered in the pre-ride talk... :)

flyingmonkey
Tue Apr 24th, 2007, 03:25 PM
Never leave your wing man !!!!!!!!!!!

BlueDog
Tue Apr 24th, 2007, 03:51 PM
Guys, he waved them by and he stopped in a town. He wasn't the sweeper and if there had been a problem there were three other bikes passing him that would have seen it and stopped. Had he suddenly disappeared in the middle of no where I would have gone back to check on him. Had I waited and only two of the three remaining riders shown up, I would have turned around. But as it was I had no reason to believe he was having any problems. At this point in the ride we had all pretty much said good by to one another and were just heading back to 285