PDA

View Full Version : Stripped Caliper bolts

BlueDevil
Fri May 7th, 2004, 09:07 AM
Damn it Damn it. Went to take my tires off last night to get some new ones and ended up stripping out the caliper mounting bolts (that mount the caliper to the fork) Damn near rounded the things off. I even tried an EZ out and it broke it right off. Those bolts have such a low torque spec and cant imagine whyI cant get them off. God damn Loctite. :x Even broke my socket down the side! Shiot!!!

Anyway, those with Yamis can look and see how the bolts are and maybe assist me. Im thinking maybe I can hack saw a slit in the top and use a large srew driver and try to get it out...... what do U think? Im going to TK today for some new tires... Anyone know if they got a way to get them out while Im there?

Anyone got any ideas......?

Coyote is on the way anyone know if they have a way to get them out..... Anything.

Thanks

D

RSVR4aCowboy
Fri May 7th, 2004, 09:17 AM
I would bet Bart at TK can get them out :up:

BTW, did you use red or blue loctite?

BlueDevil
Fri May 7th, 2004, 01:44 PM
Well I used blue........ from now on since they are wired Ill skip it. Destroyed those bolts.

I talked to Bart and he said bring it in. Brian ended up helping me and he got em out........ check in the Shop experience section cause Im gonna do a write up...........

Shew.................

RSVR4aCowboy
Fri May 7th, 2004, 02:30 PM
:up: