PDA

View Full Version : Dirt helmets

cosp600rr
Tue Apr 24th, 2007, 03:39 PM
So I just picked up a dirtbike so now I need some gear. I don't know what brands are good and what not. Point me in the right direction. Not looking for the most expensive but don't want crap eather. I will also need some boots that will help my bad ankle. Thanks for any help.

Buddau
Tue Apr 24th, 2007, 11:16 PM
You went with a 2 smoker! :scream1: Just kidding. Welcome to the dirty side.
I went cheap with my gear, I am not going to do the huge jumps, so I feel I did not need the most expensive or latest top of the line gear either. I am happy with my gear.
I got a MSR helmet. It's cheap, light, fits great, and does the job.
I bought some Fox dirt tracker boots slightly used. They got a bad write up some where, but they work well for me. And I got them for very cheap.
I see lots of other riders wearing the AlpineStars boots. The tech 9's, I think, are very stiff. Some say they have a hard time shifting with those boots and opted for a lower model.
I know you know this, but, your best bet is to spend some time trying stuff on. You want good shin and toe protection in a boot with a stiff sole. The helmet, you want a good fit, good vision, and a good solid visor that is adjustable. You'll need the visor for when you are behind me and I roost ya! :slap:

cosp600rr
Wed Apr 25th, 2007, 05:36 AM
Thanks man, ya I can't help it on the 2 stroke. I had one a while back and I guess it just gets in addictive or something. I love that powerband. I'll ride this for a while and then step up to something else. Thanks for the advise on the gear. All good info. You may roost me but it will only happen once:headbang:

Alchemist
Wed Apr 25th, 2007, 08:57 AM
Just my opinion 600rr, don't skimp on the helmet! I raced for many years and if there is one thing you gotta protect, it's your mellon! As for the other stuff, try on gear at performance cycle. They're on Broadway about a block North of Evans on the East side. They have an awesome selection and tons of crap for the scoot...

So I just picked up a dirtbike so now I need some gear. I don't know what brands are good and what not. Point me in the right direction. Not looking for the most expensive but don't want crap eather. I will also need some boots that will help my bad ankle. Thanks for any help.