PDA

View Full Version : 2003 Suzuki GSXR 600 help

KennyFish
Wed Apr 25th, 2007, 01:57 PM
My headlights went out last week, I ordered in the new assembly that replaces the headlight switch etc. I put it on today and still doesnt work bulbs are good, my tails and all turn signals work is there a relay for the headlights anywhere on the bike that could have went out, Ive checked all the fuses and they look ok. Any help asap would be appreciated.

Devaclis
Wed Apr 25th, 2007, 02:01 PM
Relay gone bad? Just a guess. Not too familliar with the wiring on a GSXR

KennyFish
Wed Apr 25th, 2007, 02:03 PM
well I cant find where there would be a relay I dont have an owners manual or book to figure out where to look I see some stuff under the seat and am not sure if its it.

Devaclis
Wed Apr 25th, 2007, 02:10 PM
http://www.bikechatforums.com/viewtopic.php?p=420640

rybo
Start with the simple stuff. make sure all of your plugs are plugged in and not corroded. start at the bulbs and work your way backwards. Check the plug from the handlebar to the harness too. Then cycle all the switches and make sure they are working properly. Replace the fuse. It's cheap and sometimes you can't tell if it's blown.

That's how I would start.....

KennyFish
AWESOME Thanks your my savior

KennyFish
Wed Apr 25th, 2007, 02:14 PM
Ive checked all fuses bulbs made sure everything is plugged in.

Knuckle Dragger
Wed Apr 25th, 2007, 04:46 PM
Same happend on my ZX9R turn signals so what I ended up doing after fuse testing and mulit-metering relays is I took the the turn signal off and cut into the wire and tested the turn signal to make sure it was a good unit. I have a little battery pack that I use to test. When the unit tested good I repalced the wire that connected the signal to the wire harness; all is working good. Sometimes it can just be a bad wire and they can really run you around trying to find out what is going on.

Doron&Katie
Thu Apr 26th, 2007, 09:45 AM
Let Hoopty race it.