PDA

View Full Version : TK does it again

BlueDevil
Fri May 7th, 2004, 02:13 PM
Well I had stripped out my caliper mounting bolts yaterday and discovered my broken socket had caused the problem. It split on the side causing a lack of contact and rubbing the corners round. I called Bart at TK and he said bring it on down. Brian ended up helping me out and after some punding and chizzling he says screw it and askes me to go around the corner to the mobile Snap on tools guy and get a special tool. After I brought it back wham off in 2 seconds. He ended up only charging me 26 bucks to do it......U might say thats a bit stiff....... Hell I was so happy to finally get it off it didnt matter. Plus I was expecting to have to pay for the soecial socket he used anyway....... After we got to talking I found out that tool was 185.00 bucks. Brian said he needed it anyway and not to worry about the price......... SO U can see 26 bucks is a steal for his time. Plus he happend to have replacement bolts on hand to save me the extra trip to a dealer to order them. TK has my eternal (sp?) gratitude and faithful repeated business. I cant thank them enough.

NineTwoFour
Fri May 7th, 2004, 02:35 PM
They have always been awesome to me...

I just wish I had more money to spend down there. :cheers:

EliR6
Fri May 7th, 2004, 02:58 PM
Well, I have to say that I'm glad it was your socket that caused the problem because I could NOT figure out how they got that tight in the first place (I also ride an R6 and have taken the calipers off MANY times). I would have thought you'd break the threads off the fork before the bolt got THAT tight.

Also awesome they helped you out! The more I hear about TK, the more I wanna take my bike down there to be properly tuned. :up:

Eli

surfinspacegirl
Fri May 7th, 2004, 03:24 PM
TK rocks :up: Glad you got everything fixed, Dion :)

Hoopty
Fri May 7th, 2004, 03:56 PM
:imwithstupid: TK kicks ass! They are some funny lookin' fuggers though. :P :D

RSVR4aCowboy
Fri May 7th, 2004, 04:13 PM
:imwithstupid: TK kicks ass! They are some funny lookin' fuggers though. :P :D

:yes: :imwithstupid:

BlueDevil
Sat May 8th, 2004, 08:27 AM
Thanks guys, me too. The torque spec on those is so low they dont take much normally to take em off. Damn socket..... It was old and kinda a cheap set. So Ill be tossin that set ASAP and getting a good strong set for the future...... Amazing how U can never have enough tools......or the one tool U may need....U dont have it. I will say that the right tool makes any job so much easier and less stressful.

EliR6: U should go down there to them for a tune.... they did my map on my R6 and its amazing what they pulled out of that bike. Well worth the investment

nuts4ninjas
Mon May 10th, 2004, 07:25 AM
You any type of shop...bike..car..repair..whatever..only turns around and writes all those tools off on their taxes so if he was going to charge you I'd be pissed. But awesome on TK..nothing but good notes come from that shop and I have yet to go over there.. :x

brian38
Mon May 10th, 2004, 09:38 AM
You any type of shop...bike..car..repair..whatever..only turns around and writes all those tools off on their taxes so if he was going to charge you I'd be pissed. But awesome on TK..nothing but good notes come from that shop and I have yet to go over there.. :x

Ouch! :P

When I told him I should charge him for the tool it was a joke!

BTW, you still have to "spend" 100% of the money on a tool, equipment etc. just to get 25-30% of it off your taxes. Ain't nothin free :D

Just glad we could help out! (torque specs son, torque specs)

Brian
TK Motorsports

BlueDevil
Tue May 18th, 2004, 01:44 PM
Yes I knew it was a joke. Im glad it was. haha.

Funny thing is the torque spec was correct. I always put bolts to spec. Ever since I saw the dude at Performance Tire a couple years ago that thought a squeek complaint meant tighten it down more....... Idiot.

The split on the side of my socket caused it to slip and wear the threads off.....after that I had no chance. haha.