PDA

View Full Version : Ride Saturday, April 28th, 2007

pilot
Fri Apr 27th, 2007, 11:05 AM
Meet at: Morrison Conoco -Just west of the C-470 and Morrison Exit.

When: Arrive at 8:30--This will allow for fuel, air--recommend pressure set to provide good tire warm up and traction, safety check, coffee, chat and a PRP.

Depart PROMPTLY at 9:00 (this will be by the Conoco Clock Tower time- if it's totally dead then cell phone time).

*Route: This is a premier run with limited traffic and good roads.
C-470 to 285 to Fairplay to hwy 9 through Harstel -1/4 mile to the east on Hwy 24, then back on Hwy 9 to turn-off to Guffy to Cripple Creek to Hwy 67 to hwy 24 to Woodland park to Hwy 67 to Deckers to hwy 285 at Pine Junction to Turkey Creek to 285 to Parmalee Gulch (Indian Hills) to Kittredge to Morrison.

http://www.land-properties.com/southardwildflowersmeadows1.JPGGuffy, Colorado
Pit Stops (fast gas and a stretch): Bailey, Fairplay, Harstel , Guffy (no gas), Cripple Creek, Woodland Park, Deckers (no gas), Pine Junction.

Max distance between pit stops, with gas, is approx 60 miles.

Pace: Reasonable to Spirited. (Not a good first day of the season ride--unless you are in shape and you've got some ride experience).
http://www.doubleyellowmotorcycletours.com/Images/fzgap1.JPG

Total miles: Approximately 250 (you thighs will ache the next day, ha).

http://www.parasoftparagliding.com/images/KenFlyStand.jpgKenosha Pass

Return time: You should be home in time to mow the lawn and have dinner before it gets dark.

Bring water, snacks (sack lunch), drinks, appropriate gear= something to keep you warm and dry, and your bike's tool kit.

A note about why the departure time is set:
Due to traffic, bicycles, tourists, the better weather and not waiting for that "last person to get there".

No rain checks.
Let someone know where you will be going.
Don't rush, get out all your gear and prep your food before you go out to the club tonight.
Don't drink 8 hours prior to the ride--you'll need your focus.
Get a decent night's rest.
Get up early enough to not feel "rushed".
Eat a decent breakfast (donut and a coke don't count).If you plan on doing this ride, now is the time to go look at your bike and see if it is mechanically ready.

I ride a silver Kawasaki ZZR 1200 with Givi bags on the side (yes, I can carry a bit of spare gear)--please try to use your own tank bag/backpack if po8ssible.
*Please print this, so you know the route. Just in case...
^Mods: Thanks for correcting the date.

CYCLE_MONKEY
Fri Apr 27th, 2007, 11:08 AM
Wish I could go man as I totally enjoyed the last time, but we got plans tomorrow. Hope you guys have fun and everyone's safe.

How was the "Licky" Orlando school yesterday?:)

pilot
Fri Apr 27th, 2007, 11:10 AM
Wish I could go man as I totally enjoyed the last time, but we got plans tomorrow. Hope you guys have fun and everyone's safe.

How was the "Licky" Orlando school yesterday?:)RICKY ORLANDO TRACK RIDING SCHOOL = FANTASTIC!!!

Brat
Fri Apr 27th, 2007, 11:27 AM
dang this is starting up in denver right? doesnt seem like anyone from the springs is going for a sat ride..

pilot
Fri Apr 27th, 2007, 12:36 PM
dang this is starting up in denver right? doesnt seem like anyone from the springs is going for a sat ride..I remember, once, getting up real early and riding all the way to Pueblo to meet up with a group doing the Bishop's Castle run from there. It was worth it.

Slo
Fri Apr 27th, 2007, 12:48 PM
Pilot, have a fun and safe ride man......catch up with you another time!!!!

pilot
Fri Apr 27th, 2007, 12:55 PM
Pilot, have a fun and safe ride man......catch up with you another time!!!!Will do. You enjoy IMI this weekend.

By the way everybody, I put this up as "March", when it should say "April".

My bad.

Again, the ride is tomorrow April 28th, 2007. Not last month, ha.

Dr. Joe Siphek
Fri Apr 27th, 2007, 02:02 PM
be careful...i heard deckers got almost 4 feet of snow during this last storm...watch for the sand monkeys!

pilot
Fri Apr 27th, 2007, 02:33 PM
I'm sure they'll be a bit of sand on some of the roads. I just checked the webcams for several locations along the route and the roads are in good shape.

JustSomeDude
Fri Apr 27th, 2007, 03:07 PM
can't make this one, doing a small ride with a friend of mine...

anyone riding on Sunday?

CYCLE_MONKEY
Fri Apr 27th, 2007, 04:14 PM
Will do. You enjoy IMI this weekend.

By the way everybody, I put this up as "March", when it should say "April".

My bad.

Again, the ride is tomorrow April 27th, 2007. Not last month, ha.

Man, all that speed musta gone to yer head!:) You mean tomorrow the 28th, right?

Slo
Fri Apr 27th, 2007, 04:33 PM
:drink:

Hahhahaa just giving you sh*t Pilot!!!!

CanyonCarver
Fri Apr 27th, 2007, 06:11 PM
Can't make it. I am sleeping in, will ride around noon though... Have a safe fun ride Pilot

pilot
Fri Apr 27th, 2007, 06:47 PM
Can't make it. I am sleeping in, will ride around noon though... Have a safe fun ride Pilot
Yep, kinda early for some riders.

BlackOakTree
Fri Apr 27th, 2007, 09:07 PM
Sounds like fun!

I'm going to lead a ride leaving from Golden on a North route.
Sorry, don't mean to hijack this thread.

Since I'm a pussy when it comes to riding, this will be a moderate pace. Not like that light speed crap that Pilot does.:cry:

I'll post in the Northern CO group. It looks like some Boulder folks were looking for something organized on Sat.

And you don't have to stop drinking until four hours before riding with me. :drink:

Brat
Fri Apr 27th, 2007, 10:13 PM
man i just got back from a 187 mile ride, sweet pics. if i knew how many if any are going tommarow on the sat ride from the springs id say we could meet up and such. but i dont know who all is going.... heres a springs pic of the scenery.
a beginning to some twisties.
http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t219/Bratmantlz/42707ride005.jpg
pikes peak from woodland park.
http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t219/Bratmantlz/42707ride009.jpg
hell if noone shows maybe i'll head towards denver and go up what is it 470? see if i see any bikes. depends on who shows up tommarrow am.
Brat

pilot
Sat Apr 28th, 2007, 12:37 AM
Nice pics for sure.

Light speed, I'm rolling the floor laughing. That reminds me I have to charge the ion drive.