PDA

View Full Version : cbr 600 f4i

wicked 954 rr
Sun May 9th, 2004, 12:26 AM
hey guys i'm really looking to see what are your opinions(for those of you that have one) on the f4i. i want another r1, but i like the style of the f4i and so does my wife. if it's going to be that big a step down performance wise from the r1 i'll pass. my friend has an 03 r6 and that damn thing can hang with my old r1 pretty good, so yea help me out with some info.

cosp600rr
Sun May 9th, 2004, 06:59 AM
I ride the 03 600rr and know that it is very close to the r6 performance wise. I riding buddy of mine has a f4i and the difference between these two are not that big. It hangs pretty well for what we do.He was thinking about upgrading but after going to the track and riding togather a lot he decided that it does just fine.

yakuza
Sun May 9th, 2004, 10:44 AM
It depends on how and where you're riding. In straight-line drags, of course the R1 is going to walk all over any 600. However, at the track I was finishing open class races in the top 10 last season, ahead of plenty of liter bikes.

I love my F4i, it does everything I want it to and more. :up:

wicked 954 rr
Sun May 9th, 2004, 01:29 PM
thanks for the input. the main reason i ask about the f4i is because i know they are good for stunt riding. i rode my friends 02 gsxr 600 and there is just no pick up when you get on the throttle, and since i'm not going to just do stunt riding i want something with some go on it too

KooLaid
Sun May 9th, 2004, 03:39 PM
I LOVE my F4i. It hangs with all the liter bikes and smokes some of them on twisty rides. Just sucks getting passed on the straight. But the F4i is a GREAT bike all around. Compared to other 6's, it's hard to say what really is better because they all have their ups and downs but, on the street the F4i I think is better all around.