PDA

View Full Version : Going to Moab 9th-14th

R1chie
Tue May 1st, 2007, 09:30 AM
Reminder, I am going to Moab leaving 9th, driving back on the 14th. If Kim and Dean stay in the condo there will be 2 more open spots otherwise there are 4 . $207 per night split per person. (The condo allows 8 people, two car garage to store bikes, 3 bedroom, kitchen etc, community pool and hot tub). You can alway stay in a hotel if you would like, I do not think there will be any problems getting a room (so you should not even have to make reservations and you can usually cancel them anyway), it is mothers day that weekend I think and I don't remember any 4 wheel or other events scheduled. PM me if you want to go and I will send you directions. I suggest having some riding experience as slick rock has a few steep hill, otherwise most of it is fairly easy and there is always someone in the group that is willing to spot for you or ride your bike for you on a difficult part.

There are a few others from the CSC that are going as well and hopefully all we will meet up and have a great time riding. If you have never been there, nows your chance to go with some people who know the area. If you have been, you know it is always a good time.

Suki
Tue May 1st, 2007, 09:42 AM
hey rich, hows the weather that time of the year? the reason why i'm asking is as you all know i'm very VERY sensitive to sun/heat but would like to make it out there at least once in my lifetime!

Kim-n-Dean
Tue May 1st, 2007, 09:49 AM
hey rich, hows the weather that time of the year? the reason why i'm asking is as you all know i'm very VERY sensitive to sun/heat but would like to make it out there at least once in my lifetime!Now's the time to go. It gets stupid hot during the full summer. Wear a long sleeve, white button shirt. Works excellent!! Think, camel jockey...

Hotels in Moab are usually booked solid through September for the weekends. Kim called yesterday and there were a few queen rooms left.

If you want to drive 45 minutes, you can stay in Green River for about $50/ night.

Suki
Tue May 1st, 2007, 09:49 AM
well, there's the price of your bet with alan then dean! ha!

Kim-n-Dean
Tue May 1st, 2007, 09:52 AM
well, there's the price of your bet with alan then dean! ha!
Which he should just go ahead and pay. I don't know a single married man (other than me) that can keep that bet...

Suki
Tue May 1st, 2007, 09:55 AM
2x a month, starting in June right? yeah, we can do that, we have a back yard now and pine trees, it's the same thing as camping in the mountains! :lol:

Kim-n-Dean
Tue May 1st, 2007, 10:02 AM
2x a month, starting in June right? yeah, we can do that, we have a back yard now and pine trees, it's the same thing as camping in the mountains! :lol:
It's better!! You're less than 20 feet from a shitter and cable T.V.!!!

Suki
Tue May 1st, 2007, 10:05 AM
BRING THE GENERATOR!!!!

and back on topic, sorry for the thread jack Rich. I have forward the link to Alan to see what he thinks/says about this trip.

friscokidd
Tue May 1st, 2007, 10:09 AM
I WILL KEEP MY BET AND FORFILL IT TOOO!!!!

well, as much as a soon to be married man can :)

Suki
Tue May 1st, 2007, 10:10 AM
it's "fulfill", not forfill.

R1chie
Tue May 1st, 2007, 10:26 AM
Now's the time to go. It gets stupid hot during the full summer. Wear a long sleeve, white button shirt. Works excellent!! Think, camel jockey...

Hotels in Moab are usually booked solid through September for the weekends. Kim called yesterday and there were a few queen rooms left.

If you want to drive 45 minutes, you can stay in Green River for about $50/ night.

Wow, I have never made reservation in the past, one time because we came late and didn't want to drive all over we slept in the car one night but were always able to get a hotel in moab. Good to know, better get reservations Suki. Although we do have a condo if someone can't get a hotel, it just means you have to sleep with a bunch of guys.. hmm, how about room with a bunch of guys... no matter how I say that, it just doesn't sound good.

Hijacking keeps the tread at the top, it's all good.

Ray-Ray
Tue May 1st, 2007, 10:47 AM
I will be there the 11th -15th . :headbang:

Kim-n-Dean
Tue May 1st, 2007, 11:25 AM
I will be there the 11th -15th . :headbang:Riding? Why those dates? Make it the 9th - 13th...

friscokidd
Tue May 1st, 2007, 11:40 AM
ok, it looks good for us maybe on the 11 - 13...camping that is....as of now.

Suki
Tue May 1st, 2007, 12:02 PM
just think babe, this will be a good example to my papa of WHY we need that bigger truck! ha!

Ray-Ray
Tue May 1st, 2007, 12:24 PM
Riding? Why those dates? Make it the 9th - 13th...

Yep! Riding!! My riding buddy's son is going and his last day of college is the 10th. That's why we are going on those dates. Plus, Monday's are great in Moab cause most people have gone home already and nobody is around..... We are staying at Moab Valley RV park in one of their cabins.

FZRguy
Tue May 1st, 2007, 12:45 PM
$207 per night split per person...

So $103.50 for a single?

friscokidd
Tue May 1st, 2007, 01:26 PM
just think babe, this will be a good example to my papa of WHY we need that bigger truck! ha!

INDEED!!! lol

AshliRider44
Tue May 1st, 2007, 01:47 PM
You all suck ass. :(

Kim-n-Dean
Tue May 1st, 2007, 02:03 PM
You all suck ass. :(Well, if you'd let him hit those milkers, he'd have stronger bones...

AshliRider44
Tue May 1st, 2007, 02:21 PM
Well, if you'd let him hit those milkers, he'd have stronger bones...

:lol: :spit:

Bueller
Tue May 1st, 2007, 04:14 PM
I am seriously considering this, I'd pull the trailer out and stay in a RV park.
Still have to see if I can swing it though, but I think I can.

Suki
Tue May 1st, 2007, 04:18 PM
come out and play, and bring rosemarie with you!!!!

Ash, come out girl, it'll be fun!

we're almost a definite go, just got to get the time off from work.

Bueller
Tue May 1st, 2007, 06:24 PM
If I go I will have room for a couple of bikes and if someone can put up with a couple of little dogs, I have a Queen bed and two singles open. I am looking at staying at the KOA RV campground. It looks as though it'll be about $300 in fuel round trip and $130 for 3 adults for 3 nights. I can leave Weds. evening and drive out, probably just spend the night at a rest stop or something close to Moab. and check in Thurs. and will have to drive back Sunday afternoon.
The campground has full hookups w/CATV and WiFi
So if anyone is interested in splitting some costs LMK.
And Dean if you want you can shit in the toilet. :lol:

Suki
Tue May 1st, 2007, 11:56 PM
Bueller, hold that thought and let me have alan check out your post. he's working on the bike right now, so i'll have him take a look and get back to you since we've never been camping there and dont know what all the camping entails. :D

Ray-Ray
Wed May 2nd, 2007, 05:39 AM
There are TONS of places to camp in and around Moab! Keep in mind thought it sure is nice to have a shower after riding. You can also camp at one of the campgrounds in town for around $20 a night. That way you will have a pool and shower. Check out www.moab-utah.com (http://www.moab-utah.com) for info.

R1chie
Wed May 2nd, 2007, 06:39 AM
So $103.50 for a single?

Meaning if one more person joined us it would be 41.40 per night for a total of $165 for 4 nights

AshliRider44
Wed May 2nd, 2007, 08:32 AM
I'd love to come but I'm already taking time off for the Hastings, NE race. :(

R1chie
Wed May 2nd, 2007, 10:21 AM
One more thing, a little misunderstanding, I am leaving the 13th, I am riding back with someone and they are leaving sun and since they are driving my bikes out there and I am heading in from Las Vegas, that is the way it will work out. No matter what dates you come, if you are in town we should try to hook up for the days we are there. Dean has my cell or you can pm me for it.

Ashley, I think I will be going back out again in the fall so maybe then.

AshliRider44
Wed May 2nd, 2007, 11:20 AM
One more thing, a little misunderstanding, I am leaving the 13th, I am riding back with someone and they are leaving sun and since they are driving my bikes out there and I am heading in from Las Vegas, that is the way it will work out. No matter what dates you come, if you are in town we should try to hook up for the days we are there. Dean has my cell or you can pm me for it.

Ashli, I think I will be going back out again in the fall so maybe then.

:yay:

friscokidd
Wed May 2nd, 2007, 11:23 AM
thanks ray ray.....i think we are trying to hitch a ride or stay with bueller...if he will have us..haha. THIS SHALL BE FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ray-Ray
Wed May 2nd, 2007, 11:51 AM
SWEET!! Moab is a kick in the ass!! This will be my 12th year going! We try to go out Spring and Fall. Fall is my favorite time to go because to the weather. Not sure where you guys plan on riding but I'll keep a look out for you. We tend to ride the more technical stuff.

BTW- The Moab Diner is AWESOME! We have breakfast there every morning before we hit the trails.

Kim-n-Dean
Wed May 2nd, 2007, 12:05 PM
...I can leave Weds. evening and drive out, probably just spend the night at a rest stop or something close to Moab. and check in Thurs. Call us when you get in and you can crash at our hotel.

...Not sure where you guys plan on riding but I'll keep a look out for you. We tend to ride the more technical stuff...Poison Spider Mesa to Golden Spike to Gold Bar Rim is a definite!! We'll probably roll around Hell's Revenge Wednesday evening. We were thinkin' about Pritchet Canyon, too...

BTW - The Lion's Back and the Dump Bump along with the entire Lion's Back campground are closed. Some developer bought it and it looks like they're gone forever.

Ray-Ray
Wed May 2nd, 2007, 12:22 PM
Call us when you get in and you can crash at our hotel.

Poison Spider Mesa to Golden Spike to Gold Bar Rim is a definite!! We'll probably roll around Hell's Revenge Wednesday evening. We were thinkin' about Pritchet Canyon, too...

BTW - The Lion's Back and the Dump Bump along with the entire Lion's Back campground are closed. Some developer bought it and it looks like they're gone forever.

SWEET! Poison Spider, Golden Spike and Gold Bar is my favorite ride!! I think we are riding that on Sunday.

Where are you guys staying?? We are at the Moab Valley RV it's the first campground after you cross the river coming into town.

K&D are you guys leaving on Sunday? Riding before you leave??

Kim-n-Dean
Wed May 2nd, 2007, 12:43 PM
SWEET! Poison Spider, Golden Spike and Gold Bar is my favorite ride!! I think we are riding that on Sunday.You should ride it Saturday. We're leaving Sunday morning.

Where are you guys staying?? We are at the Moab Valley RV it's the first campground after you cross the river coming into town. Comfort Suites

K&D are you guys leaving on Sunday? Riding before you leave??I gotta get back early enough Sunday that I can chill and actually get up Monday and work. Working sucks!!!!!

friscokidd
Wed May 2nd, 2007, 01:49 PM
i wanna go ride some cool ass trails toooooo, can i tag along one day??? can i can i can i

FZRguy
Wed May 2nd, 2007, 02:14 PM
Meaning if one more person joined us it would be 41.40 per night for a total of $165 for 4 nights

I would have to leave on Friday, ride Saturday/ Sunday, and head back on Monday. My old Jeep is not up for a 700 mile trip, so I’ll check on a pickup rental.

Ray-Ray
Wed May 2nd, 2007, 05:12 PM
i wanna go ride some cool ass trails toooooo, can i tag along one day??? can i can i can i

PM SENT

R1chie
Wed May 2nd, 2007, 09:29 PM
I would have to leave on Friday, ride Saturday/ Sunday, and head back on Monday. My old Jeep is not up for a 700 mile trip, so I’ll check on a pickup rental.

I will be in Las Vegas driving up on Wed, my friend is driving from the Springs on Wed at 6am. You could catch a ride with him but you have to leave wed. Rentals are expensive. You could ride your street bike, park it in the garage.

R1chie
Thu May 3rd, 2007, 05:28 AM
You should ride it Saturday. We're leaving Sunday morning.

Comfort Suites

I gotta get back early enough Sunday that I can chill and actually get up Monday and work. Working sucks!!!!!

Hey Dean, I haven't planned out where we are going to go yet but I was thinking of doing slickrock and Hells revenge on Thurs morning, get it out of the way and not have to worry about as many bicycles that show up fri,sat,sun. The other trails you mention are places I know I want to go again. What were you thinking for a schedule?

Kim-n-Dean
Thu May 3rd, 2007, 08:05 AM
Hey Dean, I haven't planned out where we are going to go yet but I was thinking of doing slickrock and Hells revenge on Thurs morning, get it out of the way and not have to worry about as many bicycles that show up fri,sat,sun. The other trails you mention are places I know I want to go again. What were you thinking for a schedule?I just wannna make sure we all ride Poison Spider together. I think everyone will be in Moab by Saturday and we leave Sunday morning. So, I'm thinkin' Poison Spider on Saturday.

Hell's Revenge is pretty easy and short. We we're thinkin' about doing that when we get into town Wednesday afternooon. I'll do it again on Thursday, though. I don't really care what we do as long as we're riding...

R1chie
Fri May 4th, 2007, 12:09 AM
hey rich, hows the weather that time of the year? the reason why i'm asking is as you all know i'm very VERY sensitive to sun/heat but would like to make it out there at least once in my lifetime!

Sunblock 2000 :)

I only go in the spring and fall, otherwise it is too hot or too cold. Fall is always a good time to go.

Suki
Fri May 4th, 2007, 09:01 AM
lol, well the highest spf i've ever been able to find was 75, and that was in vegas about 4 or 5 years ago and i've never found it since. i'll just have alan lather some mud on me

Bueller
Fri May 4th, 2007, 04:18 PM
Ok I have to figure out what to do this weekend, anyone wanting to get a bike out and back? $75. A bed for three nights, $35 per person, max. 2 adults. LMK ASAP.

FZRguy
Sat May 5th, 2007, 01:19 PM
As much as I’d like to go on this trip, I’m out. :| Maybe I can go in the fall if anyone wants to go then.

Suki
Tue May 8th, 2007, 02:32 PM
does anyone have an extra set of dirt riding pants i can borrow while out there?

apparently jeans with holes in them are not good, lol!

Bueller
Tue May 8th, 2007, 03:51 PM
Ya kinda have to put a size out there before we can help.

Suki
Tue May 8th, 2007, 06:15 PM
lol, well i dont know the sizes! if they are just s,m,l then i'd say a medium or large in ladies and small in mens. ummm i wear i think a 32 in jeans, if that helps, lol!

Bueller
Tue May 8th, 2007, 06:30 PM
I probably have an old pair that might fit you, from way back smaller days. Could be a bit baggy though, and not too styln.

Suki
Tue May 8th, 2007, 09:59 PM
i doubt there will be any red carpet laid out or my clan of paparazzi there for me and since i'll be sitting on the quad while wearing them that should work out fine!

Thanks Bueller! :D

R1chie
Tue May 8th, 2007, 10:37 PM
We are going to meet tomorrow (wed) at 1pm at the parking area before you get to lions back to enter the park without having to pay going through the main entrance. We will ride Slickrock and Hells revenge from there. Red Nissan quad cab full size pickup with 3 Yamahas on flatbed trailer and a lifted blue f250 superduty quad cab with a Honda crf450x in the bed

R1chie
Wed May 9th, 2007, 05:03 AM
Don't have your cell Dean left it on computer at home, call me if you want to hook up.

R1chie
Thu May 10th, 2007, 06:31 AM
We missed Kim-n-Dean at slickrock wed but will be hooking up with them today to do Moab Rim.

http://www.mxphotos.net/5-9-07/moab/moab1.jpg

http://www.mxphotos.net/5-9-07/moab/moab3.jpg
http://www.mxphotos.net/5-9-07/moab/moab2.jpg

Suki
Thu May 10th, 2007, 08:42 AM
that thurrr is some beautiful country! see you all soon!

AshliRider44
Thu May 10th, 2007, 09:13 AM
:cry: How depressing.

friscokidd
Thu May 10th, 2007, 11:23 AM
whooo hooo....we be stayin in a hotal...:) sorry ray ray, you will not have us as neighbors this trip ;) Cant wait to get out there!!!!!

Ray-Ray
Thu May 10th, 2007, 12:15 PM
whooo hooo....we be stayin in a hotal...:) sorry ray ray, you will not have us as neighbors this trip ;) Cant wait to get out there!!!!!

BUT YOU PROMISSED THAT Suki would..... oh nevermind!!

You have my number?????? Can't remember if I gave it to you or not! We plan on leaving tomorrow around noon.

friscokidd
Thu May 10th, 2007, 12:49 PM
I got both your #'s...we are leaving tonight around 6 :)

Ray-Ray
Thu May 10th, 2007, 12:56 PM
Cool! See you there!!!

Suki
Thu May 10th, 2007, 01:19 PM
BUT YOU PROMISSED THAT Suki would..... oh nevermind!!

oh don't worry, i'll still take good care of you RayRay, reeeeeeal proppa like!!! :boobies: :hump: :lol:

Ray-Ray
Thu May 10th, 2007, 02:36 PM
oh don't worry, i'll still take good care of you RayRay, reeeeeeal proppa like!!! :boobies: :hump: :lol:

OH BABY!!! I can't wait!!

Bueller
Sun May 13th, 2007, 09:11 AM
Well just finishing packing up for the drive home, what a fun trip. Gettng a little warm out here but still some of the coolest riding I have ever done. We never got everyone together at the same time but we still got plenty of ridng in.
Let me be the first to say Kim did awesome on the rock!
Thanks to everyone who showed up, it made for a great time.

Suki
Mon May 14th, 2007, 08:58 AM
holy shit! that was a freakin blast, we all had so much fun!

Thanks K&D for letting me borrow the quad, that thing freakin rocks!

I can't even begin to talk about the beautiful scenery up there, and Dean you're right, the pictures do this place no justice.

If you've never been there, definitely have to go! we've decided that we're going to get back up there in the fall, so lets get that trip planned!!!

I took a shitload of pics but forgot my stupid camera cable to DL them to the pc, so i'll get those up tonight or tomorrow.

Bueller
Mon May 14th, 2007, 03:47 PM
I want pics of the bitches :lol:

Suki
Mon May 14th, 2007, 04:21 PM
werd, i never saw any other bitches finer than those two sunbathing on that rock, hot HOT HOTNESS!!!!!!!! :hump:

friscokidd
Tue May 15th, 2007, 10:40 AM
werd, i never saw any other bitches finer than those two sunbathing on that rock, hot HOT HOTNESS!!!!!!!! :hump:

:spit: :yes: Them be some sexy beotches!