PDA

View Full Version : Anybody wanna get wet riding to deckers Synday 5-6

N1KSS1KS1x
Thu May 3rd, 2007, 08:35 AM
I've never been down this way before. I wanted to ride it sunday looks like rain though:scream1: If its not lookin to bad when sunday comes I'm more than likly gonna ride even if I do get wet.

pilot
Thu May 3rd, 2007, 09:27 AM
Rain gear is cheap. Cheap rain gear doesn't last long either. I might be up for some wet weather riding.

Slo
Thu May 3rd, 2007, 09:29 AM
Damn you guys be carefull out there.... I remember it started snowing pretty hard a couple months back and we were coming back from Woodland Park. By the time we were by Zokas, started snowing like crazy. Nothing like doing 20-25 all the way down 285 with about 10-15 ft visibility, wiping ice from the face shield every 5 seconds.

flyingmonkey
Thu May 3rd, 2007, 10:38 AM
I would like to go but I still have to wait for tires.

Sortarican
Thu May 3rd, 2007, 11:12 AM
Damn you guys be carefull out there.... I remember it started snowing pretty hard a couple months back and we were coming back from Woodland Park. By the time we were by Zokas, started snowing like crazy. Nothing like doing 20-25 all the way down 285 with about 10-15 ft visibility, wiping ice from the face shield every 5 seconds.

Oh Yeah I remember, good times....good times.:cry:

KennyFish
Thu May 3rd, 2007, 12:17 PM
I think we are still gonna try to head to bishops if you want to ride with us.

Brat
Fri May 4th, 2007, 08:03 PM
yes if not well i am down for a saturday run too. i just have to watch how much i spend on gas must, not spend alot.

Brat
Sat May 5th, 2007, 12:53 PM
yep going on the deckers ride now. hopefully its nice enough to shoot some more vid.

N1KSS1KS1x
Sat May 5th, 2007, 02:39 PM
I stopped and turned around just outside of conifier it was snowing which I would of be ok with aslong as it turned back into rain but my efin visor would not unfog :scream1: it sucked ass. Then I got pulled over on the way home for my plate being bent. cop was really cool though just told me to stop bending while I do wheelies lol.

PhL0aTeR
Sat May 5th, 2007, 04:21 PM
Then I got pulled over on the way home for my plate being bent. cop was really cool though just told me to stop bending while I do wheelies lol.

might have been the same fucker that gave me and brat tickets.....

Brat
Sat May 5th, 2007, 04:23 PM
i hate cops, i really do. were are the cops that say im giving you a warning and let us go? i mean damn i thought the speed limit was 65mph. i still hate cops.

N1KSS1KS1x
Sat May 5th, 2007, 08:26 PM
I'm probly gonna head out of aurora sun around 12 and see If my new lid fogs up

PhL0aTeR
Sat May 5th, 2007, 10:16 PM
I'm probly gonna head out of aurora sun around 12 and see If my new lid fogs up

get a pinlock with a clear insert... i have one and it hardly ever fogs.... only time it fogs is when its EXTREMELY humid and cold.

N1KSS1KS1x
Sat May 5th, 2007, 10:24 PM
whats a pinlock? r u talking about like a tear off for the inside

Im gonna stop at the conoco If anybody wants to meet up hit me up 3-242-1564
laters
Nik

PhL0aTeR
Sat May 5th, 2007, 10:31 PM
a pinlock sheild is a sheild with 2 pins on the sides..... the insert fits between the 2 pins... the insert has a bead of silicone type stuff that effectively "double panes" your sheild, making it fog resistant.

PhL0aTeR
Sat May 5th, 2007, 10:33 PM
http://perso.orange.fr/curves.speed/pinlock%20zone.jpg
http://www.nassa.dk/catalog/images/stortotalbild.jpg
http://www.infinitymotorcycles.com/images/products/lg/shoei_pinlock_visor.jpg

for more info:
http://www.pinlock.com/

N1KSS1KS1x
Sat May 5th, 2007, 11:05 PM
oh cool is that on the outside though ? mine is foggin on the inside

Brat
Sat May 5th, 2007, 11:08 PM
i think thats on the inside. i was wondering what that was on his helmet.

PhL0aTeR
Sat May 5th, 2007, 11:09 PM
oh cool is that on the outside though ? mine is foggin on the inside

inside....

quick physics..... you get fog (condensation) because of the severe difference in temps on either side of the surface of your sheild.... the pinlock insert double panes your sheild... the bead you see around the outer area of the pinlock insert is that silicone stuff i was telling you about. it seals in the air on the inside so that when you breath hot humid air, it hits the sheild and since the other side of the insert is whats contained inside the "double pane" area, its not drastically different in temp, therefore doesnt fog or condenseate.... kinda like an insulated class doesnt "sweat"... same principle if youve seen that..

to bring this out further, the inside of the double pane, the sealed area, doesnt have hardly any humidity in it, so even if the sealed area does get hot enough to cause the temp difference, theres no humidity inside of it to condense.... so no fog....

easy explanation.... go buy it.. its worth it.... its not something you have to rub on, or glue to the inside of your stock sheild, it says for daytime use only, but ive used it at night, wee hours of the am and i can see through it fine. they sell different color inserts, and they are easier to pack than extra sheilds, so you can have a smoke one and a clear one, which i have.... trsut me... let your stock one fog up for a few weeks, then go buy a pinlock.. you will thank me

Brat
Sat May 5th, 2007, 11:15 PM
huh?

j/k :D

PhL0aTeR
Sat May 5th, 2007, 11:15 PM
huh?

j/k :D

:slap:

N1KSS1KS1x
Sat May 5th, 2007, 11:55 PM
right on man thanks.

PhL0aTeR
Sun May 6th, 2007, 08:08 AM
right on man thanks.
np

N1KSS1KS1x
Sun May 6th, 2007, 09:16 PM
To bad they dont make those for my lids :scream1:

PhL0aTeR
Sun May 6th, 2007, 09:26 PM
To bad they dont make those for my lids :scream1:

funny, i see the pinlock website only shows shoie and hjc, but a coworker has a nolan pinlock sheild.... other options for pinlock is to get the actual pins and modify your own (or an extra) clear sheild, providing your opening is relatively the same as a shoei or hjc.....

if that doesnt work, i might reccoment the fog city inserts, this is what i had when i had a cheapie helmet, and it worked pretty good, its claim to fame was applying a clearish film to the inside of your sheild that was microscopically dimpled.... the theory there was when you condense water on a smooth surface, you get little convex drops of water, causing the fog...something we cant see through. being dimpled, the fog city inserts force the water droplets into the dimples, and the result is the droplet of water having a smoother surface to see through. Not as reliable as the pinlock, but ive ridden in sub-freezing temps being very humid with one, and as long as i wasnt riding for more than an hour, the sheild never fogged up past the direct area that i was breathing on, in other words, my line of sight was good.

Brat
Mon May 7th, 2007, 03:38 PM
snarf