PDA

View Full Version : Thanks everyone....

Banshee
Mon May 7th, 2007, 10:47 AM
... for being patient and not running me off the track at R2SL.

I was by far the slowest guy there, but it was still a blast! Only having my first sportbike for a week, it was a great opportunity to become familiar with how to ride.

Didn't push it too hard, didn't want to be the guy to shut the track down.

Thanks to everyone for the pointers and suggestions. It was well worth the trip. I look forward to riding with you all again sometime soon!

-Tim

friscokidd
Mon May 7th, 2007, 10:59 AM
if this a thank you thead, i will post this:

Thank you EVERY ONE that helped me work on the gix out there!
Thank you Joe for letting me keep the bike in yall's garage....even though you had no say in it, but thanks anyway...haha
Thank you RYBO!!!!! For letting me use your truck to go pick up the bearing. YOU ARE A LIFE SAVER.....or at least a fun saver.
Thank you to DK for letting me take the kwak around for a few laps, and forgetting to let me know that the little red light "stays on"
Thank you Michelin Rep, scott?? For letting me use the gixer repair manuel every 10 mins cause im an idiot.
Thank you Sully and Donna, for giving me shit every time i came into registration asking for a different tech sticker to use :)
Thank you to every one who helped to make the cold, wet, windy, rainy, cold, wet and rainy weekend a success!!!

Mel
Mon May 7th, 2007, 11:06 AM
:lol: Frito, what did you do to the bike? :lol:

sprtbkbabe
Mon May 7th, 2007, 04:58 PM
It was nice meeting ya Banshee!

I'll run more thank you's here too, if I may...

I had the best time ever bringing two friends who are big fans of the sport, and motorcycling in general, and everyone was so welcoming that all they could talk about on the road back was what a great group of friends I have on this board (and how much Sully made them laugh back in the garage everyday).

Yeah, the rain was a big letdown as they really wanted to enjoy their first experiences on a track sooner than later, but the overall representation of our club's acceptance to noobs and to them was overwhelming. :up:

Thanks to IRDAVE for suspension look-over! got me thinking about what to do next to her! HA!!!

In addition, BIG THANK YOU to Scott for allowing us to use tools, space, and give guidance when the going got tough for me. Without that, I would have left early. But, I pulled up my big girl shorts, re-evaluated why I so love riding and how insipid some other riders are of "non-racers" ...I got back out there and spanked the hell out of the bike pulling nearly half times what I did the previous day on the wet.

Thanks again EVERYONE!!!!

Sully
Mon May 7th, 2007, 05:59 PM
BIG THANKS to everyone who helped made this event so SPECTACULAR ! I had such a fantastic time and met tons of great new people ! I look forward to R2SL in 2008 ! (oh... and better weather too) ;)

PharmerKyle
Mon May 7th, 2007, 08:39 PM
Bash, for letting me ride the 636.
irdave, for splitting the room and the SM ride offer
RYBO, for offerring up the 748
MMP, for turning on the free WiFi on Friday

The list goes on for the good times and company.