PDA

View Full Version : my steele's cycle experience

Jose
Thu May 10th, 2007, 03:56 PM
so i pretty much work the same hours as all the shops in town. and ive heard bad things about this shop but i decided to stop by anyway. why? because they are about 2 miles from were i work(burt toyota). i went back to the parts department and the parts manager gave me pricing on the tires and they said they could change my tire while i wait if i bring it by tomorrow. all the techs were at lunch at the moment. it would take about an hour. as i left the shop, i was going to bring it by on wednesday, i ran into the service manger(tim) and he assured me of this. so i told them that id be there around 1pm. i got a little tied up at work and got there at 1:30. the sevice manager was gone when i got there so the parts manager(brandon) helped me getting checked in. they got my bike up on the lift and started working on it about 10 minutes after arriving. as i was looking around the parts dept, the service manager came and got me to inform and showed me that i will probably need a chain and that it would be a good idea to change the sprocket while it was done. he also said to stay away from the aluminum sprockets because they are not as stronge. they finished in about an hour and 15 minutes later. they test drove is and brandon got me checked out.

id have to say that tim(the service manger) was quite helpfull. he wasnt rude or impatient. i could see how the, im guessing junk yard manager, could be a bit rude. he just came accross that way when i asked if i could check out the yard. i would definently have no problem taking my bike back to tim in service.

olds_cool
Thu May 10th, 2007, 09:15 PM
I was at Steele's last week asking about a part, but it started raining so I didn't get a chance to look for it. Are you saying that the guy was kind of rude when you wanted to check the yard? Also, do they have good deals on tires? Thanks!

armydog1002
Sun May 27th, 2007, 01:41 AM
Steele's is a weird place from time to time. I like going there to see if the have any good deals on wrecked bikes. They had a good deal on my wrecked TLR, so I bought it. They can have a attitude some times, but I just ignore them.

Fly boy
Sun May 27th, 2007, 11:10 AM
do they have cruiser parts there?

if so, what is their number?

Stuart Little
Sun May 27th, 2007, 08:10 PM
Yeah, they have a crapload or one could say, a junkyard full of older cruisers, mostly still connected to some other piece so a multitool would be in order...

303-781-5339

You're lucky, I almost didn't wanna pick up my phone to get the number,

P.S. they were rude as shit to me last time I was in there, and I was just looking for a freakin Yamaha emblem for my old cruiser.

Fly boy
Mon May 28th, 2007, 09:51 AM
Yeah, they have a crapload or one could say, a junkyard full of older cruisers, mostly still connected to some other piece so a multitool would be in order...

303-781-5339

You're lucky, I almost didn't wanna pick up my phone to get the number,

P.S. they were rude as shit to me last time I was in there, and I was just looking for a freakin Yamaha emblem for my old cruiser.

Thanks! I'm looking for a part for a 2004.... what do you think my chances are?

DYNO
Mon May 28th, 2007, 11:47 PM
I called over there looking for a tool kit for my Kawi and the rudest jerk answered said nope don't have that stuff and hung up on me.