PDA

View Full Version : Road condition report

pilot
Sat May 12th, 2007, 02:41 PM
Deer Creek Canyon from Wadsworth to Deer Creek Rd/High Grade:

Heavy bicycle traffic. Little or no sand. No run-off.

High Grade through Pleasant Park to Conifer/US 285:

Moderate bicycle traffic, Light sand in corners of High Grade.

Conifer/Hwy 73 to Shadow Mountain Rd/ Hwy 78:

Clean.

Shadow Mountain Rd through Brook Forrest Rd:

light sand on SMR. Moderate sand some run-off on BFR.

BFR through Evergreen/Kittredge/Morrison via Hwy 74:

Clean, Moderate traffic.

rforsythe
Sat May 12th, 2007, 06:20 PM
Sounds like you have been busy!

Aracheon
Sat May 12th, 2007, 07:56 PM
There were a TON of bikes on the Deer Creek Canyon and Pleasant Park roads today... holy crap. They get really irritating when they travel in packs and don't abide by the single file line rule.

pilot
Sat May 12th, 2007, 08:05 PM
Sounds like you have been busy!Feels like it. I've put on about 700 miles (3000 or so, April 1 to now) in the past week riding early in the morning to near midnight-trying to improve multi-conditional awareness. I'm trying to make the best of my available time. That evil four letter word "work" will be calling me soon.

There were a TON of bikes on the Deer Creek Canyon and Pleasant Park roads today... holy crap. They get really irritating when they travel in packs and don't abide by the single file line rule. Wolf packs- nipping at our heals. I will give them some due credit though. Last year, at two wrecks, they were the first to run up and provide aid. I hope to return the favor someday.

Aracheon
Sat May 12th, 2007, 10:29 PM
Wolf packs- nipping at our heals. I will give them some due credit though. Last year, at two wrecks, they were the first to run up and provide aid. I hope to return the favor someday.

+1 for that. :up:

BlackOakTree
Sat May 12th, 2007, 11:07 PM
Squaw Pass, Central City Parkway, and Golden Gate Canyon Rd.... all almost perfect today 5/11/07, except for maybe four corners on the whole ride. Squaw pass still had some snow on the sides of the road, and the occassional road bike, but good times!

dapper
Thu May 17th, 2007, 07:45 PM
Squaw pass still had some snow on the sides of the road, and the occassional road bike, but good times!
From Idaho Springs on Squaw Pass, multiple pot holes after the ski area. No signs warning ya of the road damage either. A few streams from the snow pack melt. Mt Evans is still closed. The Feds cannot charge you to drive/ride up to the top anymore. The State said, B.S. and slapped their wrist because it is a state road, not Fed. The Feds mislead 96% of peeps to pay for the ride to the top.