PDA

View Full Version : Just a couple boring shots of my R1

Aracheon
Sat May 12th, 2007, 09:15 PM
Coming back from Evergreen today, we got caught in a pretty shitty rainstorm for about 8 miles... with no cover and no rain gear. The bike was dirty as shit by the time I got home, so I figured I'd wash her, then clean and lube the chain while I was at it.

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j208/aracheon/2007%20R1/IMG_1144.jpg

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j208/aracheon/2007%20R1/IMG_1139.jpg

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j208/aracheon/2007%20R1/IMG_1136.jpg

Brat
Sat May 12th, 2007, 10:41 PM
looks clean, lol. i like the first shot, kinda creative with the shot of the bike and car.

Aracheon
Sun May 13th, 2007, 08:56 AM
I just washed it! I hope it looks clean! :D

green_zx7r
Sun May 13th, 2007, 10:52 AM
Not boring at all. Beautiful shots you got there and a darn beautiful bike!

Aracheon
Sun May 13th, 2007, 08:40 PM
Here's another... and a creative revision...

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j208/aracheon/2007%20R1/IMG_1142.jpg

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j208/aracheon/2007%20R1/IMG_1142rev.jpg

Mista Black
Sun May 13th, 2007, 10:32 PM
So why don't the Japanese manufacturers put flush mounts on there bikes from the factory? I know quite a few of the Euro bikes have them incorporated into the bodywork... do the Japanese not realize this is possible and legal? :?

Other than that pet-peeve, nice lookin pics and bike.

Mel
Sun May 13th, 2007, 11:32 PM
R1's are girls bikes :p

And yes, I am jealous...that bike is sexy

Aracheon
Sun May 13th, 2007, 11:40 PM
R1's are girls bikes :p

Don't tell anyone that! Shhhh!! :lol:

DevilsTonic
Mon May 14th, 2007, 07:03 AM
R1's are girls bikes :p:spit: Yes they are!

Don't tell anyone that! Shhhh!! :lol:
That is a sexy bike, but I've heard some bad stories about the '07 R1, like you can't get any power out of it until you've got the RPMs up to about 11k. Many people say that they are a lot more gutless than even the '04-'06. What do you think?

Aracheon
Mon May 14th, 2007, 09:34 AM
I've never ridden an 04-06 yet, so I'm not entirely sure how they compare. The bike's powerband is awesome from about 4,000rpm and up - incredibly smooth. My own throttle control and smoothness is another story entirely. Despite how accurate the drive-by-wire system is, I still have difficulty from time to time getting my accel and decel transitions as smooth as they were on my 97 F3.

I've read the horror stories about the rearsets breaking and the 5500rpm engine response issue; the only one that I've experienced myself is the latter. It's awfully annoying to be on a mountain ride, cruising at that sweet spot in the beginning of the powerband, and then twisting the throttle as you come out of a corner... and nothing happens. Arg!

DevilsTonic
Mon May 14th, 2007, 09:42 AM
I've never ridden an 04-06 yet, so I'm not entirely sure how they compare. The bike's powerband is awesome from about 4,000rpm and up - incredibly smooth. My own throttle control and smoothness is another story entirely. Despite how accurate the drive-by-wire system is, I still have difficulty from time to time getting my accel and decel transitions as smooth as they were on my 97 F3.

I've read the horror stories about the rearsets breaking and the 5500rpm engine response issue; the only one that I've experienced myself is the latter. It's awfully annoying to be on a mountain ride, cruising at that sweet spot in the beginning of the powerband, and then twisting the throttle as you come out of a corner... and nothing happens. Arg!It's always hard making the change between bikes, clutch, braking, throttle etc.

Sounds like it's not 'quite' as bad as people say. Hopefully they have the engine response issues fixed in the next generation.

Mista Black
Mon May 14th, 2007, 12:53 PM
drop a gear or two and suddenly no more problem... :idea:

Aracheon
Mon May 14th, 2007, 10:07 PM
drop a gear or two and suddenly no more problem... :idea:

Well, you can only technically drop 1 gear. ;)
I've remedied the problem on my rides by simply staying in 3rd gear. I still have enough oomph to get the bike moving out of a corner, and it tends to keep me out of trouble anyway. :)

Mother Goose
Tue May 15th, 2007, 09:34 AM
That first picture sucks.... that is why it will be my new background on my PSP. :lol:

Dr. Joe Siphek
Tue May 15th, 2007, 10:22 AM
So why don't the Japanese manufacturers put flush mounts on there bikes from the factory? I know quite a few of the Euro bikes have them incorporated into the bodywork... do the Japanese not realize this is possible and legal? :?

Other than that pet-peeve, nice lookin pics and bike.jeff, have you not seen 07 jap models? The Kawis and zooks have integrated flashers, i believe that the honda's and yama's are behind the times...as always :lol:

Mista Black
Tue May 15th, 2007, 12:29 PM
they all are... bmw (and others) have been doing that on at least some models since the early/mid 80's that i am aware of. geesh!!

I have to check out the 07 Kawis and Hondas. :D