PDA

View Full Version : Sand in your...

pilot
Sat May 12th, 2007, 09:15 PM
... tire tracks.

Well, here it is mid-May and every other road report has the word sand in it. Or accident caused by sand. Personally, I'm sick and tired of it. How about you? I remember the days when highway crews would run with those high speed truck mounted sweepers to push off the sand. Days no more it seems.:scream1:

I say it is time for us all to put a united front together and contact, via the CSC adjunct to other rider groups, CDOT and the county offices about this problem. The sand presents a safety hazard to autos, trucks, MCs and bicycles. How many deaths could have been avoided if the sand had been removed by now!!!

If nothing else, if we ask politely and they refuse and then someone gets hurt because of it==== we can say, "we told you so." And then maybe they'll do something about it. It's either that or we pony up a buck a piece and buy a used Ford 150 and a front mounted sweeper and do it ourselves.

What say you? This is important stuff. Potential life and death, yours and mine.

txrc51fatboy
Sat May 12th, 2007, 09:57 PM
sounds like a plan

sprtbkbabe
Sat May 12th, 2007, 10:14 PM
Aurora had a sweeper pass up and down my street 3xs on my day off this week... it was like early Christmas to me :rock:

Seriously, it was a waste of funds for her half hour of that cleaning, but it was a beautiful thing! Maybe you can hire her for "The Ranch"?!?!?!

Aracheon
Sat May 12th, 2007, 10:24 PM
... tire tracks.

Well, here it is mid-May and every other road report has the word sand in it. Or accident caused by sand. Personally, I'm sick and tired of it. How about you? I remember the days when highway crews would run with those high speed truck mounted sweepers to push off the sand. Days no more it seems.:scream1:

I say it is time for us all to put a united front together and contact, via the CSC adjunct to other rider groups, CDOT and the county offices about this problem. The sand presents a safety hazard to autos, trucks, MCs and bicycles. How many deaths could have been avoided if the sand had been removed by now!!!

If nothing else, if we ask politely and they refuse and then someone gets hurt because of it==== we can say, "we told you so." And then maybe they'll do something about it. It's either that or we pony up a buck a piece and buy a used Ford 150 and a front mounted sweeper and do it ourselves.

What say you? This is important stuff. Potential life and death, yours and mine.

I agree 100%

The sand on the roads today gave me one too many close calls for my own comfort... and that was me riding UNDER the speed limit in most of those cases.

pilot
Sat May 12th, 2007, 10:37 PM
Aurora had a sweeper pass up and down my street 3xs on my day off this week... it was like early Christmas to me :rock:

Seriously, it was a waste of funds for her half hour of that cleaning, but it was a beautiful thing! Maybe you can hire her for "The Ranch"?!?!?!Hell Sister, the ranch is already moved on to repainting the lines on the side streets. Aurora best get with the program, ha.

pilot
Sat May 12th, 2007, 10:42 PM
Since this is an "open" membership club, it will be up to the managers to put this into effect. I, you, as social members don't have much pull when it comes to the business of CSC. Love to help, don't have the authority.

Managers/owners, sorry to put the pressure on you but it may be the only way to get something done. Of course, you can always consider expanding the structure of the club to get more members involved in activities such as this. Talking about it is a good start. But actions speak louder than words.