PDA

View Full Version : Perf vs. Non-Perf leathers

Sparker
Thu May 13th, 2004, 03:55 PM
I know the airflow difference between perf to non perf in jackets. I am just curious if there is any structural difference. would a perf hold up less than a non perf. enough to make a difference? I am thinking that i would rather have a perf because the one i am looking at has a full zip out linet, really comfortable, that cool speed hump( yea i dunno i like the look of em), and good armor all around and its only 225. i doubt that is a big difference but im just curious.

Rick T.
Thu May 13th, 2004, 04:04 PM
Most reputable brands, structurally, should have no difference between thier perf and non-perf jackets. If it will be your only jacket, then you might want to go with a jacket with liberal venting (zips) rather than fully perfed. I can tell you that my Vanson perf leather works extremely well in allowing air for flow through and keep me cool - so well, that even with a liner, it would not be warm enough when the temps start dropping again. So in other words, uhhhh... what was my point again? :lol:

Sparker
Thu May 13th, 2004, 04:36 PM
I have a Meteor 4.0 and a Phoenix and another basic leather jacket just not one with padding. So its not my only jacket would just be my only with leather and padding. im not too worried about the cold. ive got a little insulation

NorCALSpeed
Mon Jun 7th, 2004, 02:20 AM
I'm looking at pants. There's a sweet deal on Firstgear pants but they aren't perf. or well vented. The Fieldsheer air pant I'm looking at is like 100 bucks more but perfed and vented. Given the recent temps whats my best option and considering theyll be my only pants? Hijack I know, but I start too many threads, lol.

Methix
Mon Jun 7th, 2004, 06:51 PM
I have a FieldSheer Sonic Air (I think that's what it's called) for summer. It's textile, not leather. I wouldn't take it to the track or anything, but for cruising around on hot summer days, it's awesome. My arms get so much airflow, I can hardly tell I have a jacket on over my t-shirt.