PDA

View Full Version : Lookout Mountain Run on four modified videos

pilot
Fri May 18th, 2007, 06:50 PM
Check this out::shocked:

Enjoy! And please let me know what you think (and yes that means things to improve on, too).

Please watch these segments in order as they are edited to match each other.

http://media.putfile.com/Lookout-Mountain-Motorcycle-Run-part-1-of-4

http://media.putfile.com/Lookout-Mountain-Motorcycle-Run-part-2-of-4

http://media.putfile.com/Lookout-Mountain-Motorcycle-Run-part-3-of-4

http://media.putfile.com/Lookout-Mountain-Motorcycle-Run-part-4-of-4

firegixx600
Fri May 18th, 2007, 09:10 PM
If I was ever to ride drugged up, I guess that's what it would look like! Good job:up:

Nick_Ninja
Fri May 18th, 2007, 09:13 PM
Your vids are way cool :up: But the road needs work. Frickin JeffCo :down:

Brat
Fri May 18th, 2007, 09:17 PM
:) nice, i personally didnt like the first segments uhh when it went to like less than negative exposure... i dont know what its called, it would have been sweet if they were all in order together not seperate. is this your first try at this? i dug it good music selection too. i would also like to have some engine noise, love to hear revs. nice vid though. i likey! :D
Brat

towneh
Fri May 18th, 2007, 09:27 PM
looks like some runs with a filtered sephia or such... nice select of music with a bit of engine revs comin thru (particularly #4). how'd you put on the lightening like that ????
bus_henry

Crisco
Fri May 18th, 2007, 10:38 PM
Im sorry but that lightning was the cheeziest shit I have ever seen.

I don't think you should try and hide the wind noise because you know its going to happen with any camera thats mounted outside when speed is applied.

Maybe when you are doing your opening have the old time filter playing while you have your name, title, etc fading in the background.

I would have only changed the filters when something exciting came along instead of when the beat of the song changed.

But overall looks like you had alot of fun and you have a nice setup.

pilot
Sat May 19th, 2007, 12:06 AM
If I was ever to ride drugged up, I guess that's what it would look like! Good job:up:The music was the last thing I added in and that was what I was thinking when I fished through my CD collection. Thank you.

Your vids are way cool :up: But the road needs work. Frickin JeffCo The good news is that even though some spots in the road need work there was zero sand on it. I don't know if they sweep it or not. I appreciate the compliment.

nice, i personally didnt like the first segments uhh when it went to like less than negative exposure... i dont know what its called, it would have been sweet if they were all in order together not seperate. is this your first try at this? i dug it good music selection too. i would also like to have some engine noise, love to hear revs. nice vid though. i likey! :D
BratYes, that would be color inversion- kinda similar to a black and white negative exposure. I'm sure the photographers here could come up with a better explanation for us laymen. I really tried to upload the entire file. But in order to get some sort of quality (and even a medium quality rendering cost 105 mg) product on-line I had to break up the file into manageable bits. I tried to make the cuts at some reasonable places in the original production while still dividing up each file roughly equal to the next. About the music, I used the "gentleman's club" method. Fast and hard, medium and paced, slow and easy. There are some good engine sound bites at certain parts--like rolling on the throttle coming out of the apexes, at an intersection, to name a few. It would be great to have a system that would time sync audio with video (use to have that). Then I could mount up a mic by the exhausts on the bikes and do a little three part harmony. And, man, a wind cut system! Thank you for the comments.

looks like some runs with a filtered sephia or such... nice select of music with a bit of engine revs comin thru (particularly #4). how'd you put on the lightening like that ????
bus_henryYou got it Henry. I did use that a bit. My Video Studio (and it is a few generations old) has about 160 video effects--like the Old Movie-- that can be applied. Obviously, if I was doing an epic, I would have done more cuts and less pizazz. But I was going for a bit of the pscy effect along with some cartoon look. It would have been fun to have a little script like a get-away from a hold up or something to do with the cartoon look. I've worked on a few video/movie productions and that stuff takes a lot of effort--even to make a crappy B film. Oh, and money, too.

Ahhh, the lightning. I especially like the bolt that cuts at a right angle through DenverBusa in the Live and Let DIE sequence. It was an effect that I used to make the cuts for the other transitions. It would have been nice to have some exhaust system photos and some other angle shots. But hey, I'm not Howard Hughes filming the Aviator, ha.

Im sorry but that lightning was the cheeziest shit I have ever seen.:scream1:Oh, I can't believe your being so mean. j/k. Your right, not even a B film would use lightning like that. It just all came together that way:oops:

I don't think you should try and hide the wind noise because you know its going to happen with any camera thats mounted outside when speed is applied.

Maybe when you are doing your opening have the old time filter playing while you have your name, title, etc fading in the background.

I would have only changed the filters when something exciting came along instead of when the beat of the song changed.

But overall looks like you had alot of fun and you have a nice setup.Gads, I hate wind noise It just takes away from the engine sounds. A little is good and adds to the effect (a little as in "natural" that we all hear when riding. I should have put a little piece of foam over the mic. So many things to do next time-if there is a next.

A good cut edit should have been applied to this film, but I was short on time and long on desire to get it posted up for those that were on the ride. As previously stated, multiple cameras would make for some nice pic in pic scenes. Time and rendering power ($$$) are always issues.

Yes, it was fun. Next time I'll try something different. Thanks for the good input. I hope for more from some others.

InlineSIX24
Sat May 19th, 2007, 11:59 AM
Might be cool to plug in an external mini microphone (one of the suction cup ones) if you have a plug for it, and mount it close to the engine. That would cut out a lot of wind noise and then you could downsample the engine volume to match the music.

pilot
Sun May 20th, 2007, 12:06 AM
Might be cool to plug in an external mini microphone (one of the suction cup ones) if you have a plug for it, and mount it close to the engine. That would cut out a lot of wind noise and then you could downsample the engine volume to match the music.That's a good idea. I'll have to see if my cheapo DV tape camera has a mic in.