PDA

View Full Version : The Blue Angels

rybo
Mon May 21st, 2007, 03:44 AM
I got to see the Blue Angels fly this weekend. These guys are just plain cool.

Pictures!

http://homepage.mac.com/scott.rybarik/PhotoAlbum3.html

Driving back to Colorado today, will type more about it later.

s

pilot
Mon May 21st, 2007, 03:46 AM
I think the Snowbirds just lost a pilot.

Fly boy
Mon May 21st, 2007, 03:46 AM
you guys are up late.... not flashchatting though

pilot
Mon May 21st, 2007, 03:49 AM
I just got done cleaning up a mess. Don't ask what or how... but it was worth it.:hump:

Fly boy
Mon May 21st, 2007, 03:51 AM
lol, and what about you scott?

oh, and :up: on the Angels, they are pretty sweet to watch.

mtnairlover
Mon May 21st, 2007, 05:23 AM
Went to an air show last year in Cheyenne. I don't know what it is or why I like watching those jets streaking across the sky...at low altitude, high altitude, doing acrobatics, passing closely, side by side...whatever it is they do, I get goosebumps every time.

Thanks for sharing the pics.

Fly boy
Mon May 21st, 2007, 05:31 AM
Went to an air show last year in Cheyenne. I don't know what it is or why I like watching those jets streaking across the sky...at low altitude, high altitude, doing acrobatics, passing closely, side by side...whatever it is they do, I get goosebumps every time.

Thanks for sharing the pics.

was it the Cheyenne frontier day's show? If so, they had a couple F-117's and a B1. I was golfing the next day when the B1 was leaving.... Couldn't play for about 5 minutes with the sound that thing was making even mile and miles away!!!

mtnairlover
Mon May 21st, 2007, 05:36 AM
I think so. Not too sure. We went out by a college campus, kinda East of town. My sis-in-law's b/f was pulling duty that day, but we got out to the air field as well. Wish I could remember the types of planes we saw, walked into, etc. My youngest kept getting into the cockpits and sitting for pics that day...mostly the choppers. Hell, even the old planes that do their acrobatics were a kick to watch.

Fly boy
Mon May 21st, 2007, 06:05 AM
I think so. Not too sure. We went out by a college campus, kinda East of town. My sis-in-law's b/f was pulling duty that day, but we got out to the air field as well. Wish I could remember the types of planes we saw, walked into, etc. My youngest kept getting into the cockpits and sitting for pics that day...mostly the choppers. Hell, even the old planes that do their acrobatics were a kick to watch.

yeah its pretty cool. I like to go onto the Guard base and check out all the plane closer up, and the ones they hide from public :) just gotta know some cops so you don't get jacked up.

Brizz
Mon May 21st, 2007, 06:28 AM
[quote=RYBO;175795]I got to see the Blue Angels fly this weekend. These guys are just plain cool[/quote (http://[/quote)]

You mean? Plane?:)

*KEN*
Mon May 21st, 2007, 06:48 AM
Nice. I wish that I would have known about this.

~Barn~
Mon May 21st, 2007, 09:54 AM
Very cool. I like watching the Blue Angels fly. I've caught them the last couple times they've been in Colorado. (like twice in the last 20 years).

Anyway, that's sweet that you got to see them. Where was ya?

And I'm not sure how many of you knew, but they actually suffered a crash about a month ago, and lost one of their pilots. Definitely sad, but I'm glad to see they'll continue performing as much as they always have, and hopefully even more. It would be nice to see them in CO, more than once every 10 years! :up:

rlb454
Mon May 21st, 2007, 10:08 PM
[quote=~Barn~;175884]Very cool. I like watching the Blue Angels fly. I've caught them the last couple times they've been in Colorado. (like twice in the last 20 years).

They have been here in Grand Junction a few times, and the Thunderbirds a couple times. Always a great show. G.J. has an air show every 2 years.
We also get to see F18's, 15's, and occasional F-16's flying out here all the time. Our airport has some sort of fueling contract with the military. Makes me proud to pay my taxes, I love watching those things. The louder and faster the better.

~Barn~
Mon May 21st, 2007, 10:15 PM
Hmm... I guess I never heard about them being out in G.J. It would have been worth the trip to see them!

Last time I checked them out was out at the Loveland Airport, oh... about maybe 4 years ago. Before then, I was just a young kid, and it was way down south. Musta been the Douglas County A.P, when I was 10-or-so.

I'm curious, when did you see them perform Junction? I can't believe I missed it. :banghead:

rlb454
Mon May 21st, 2007, 10:25 PM
They were here last year, and then two years before that, then the Thunderbirds two years before that (pretty sure, I'm gettin old you know).

Then one time at band camp.....

~Barn~
Mon May 21st, 2007, 10:36 PM
Ha! Last year. Of course. :lol:

I guess West slope goings-on don't exactly make their way to the Denver airwaves. The Thunderbirds I've seen a bunch since we have all the AF bases nearby, but they've never really ever impressed me like The Angels.

Post up the next time they're out there!! :D

rybo
Tue May 22nd, 2007, 08:26 AM
Hey guys,

It was an awesome show and the Blue's first performance since the accident. The show was in LaCrosse Wisconsin, near where my mom lives, so I went home for a short visit and got to see them fly.

The T-Birds will be up in Cheyenne in July, it's a good show too if anyone wants to go.

Fly---I'm up early every morning.

Brizz--yup...PLANE cool, a much better choice of spelling

mtnairlover
Tue May 22nd, 2007, 08:32 AM
The "T-Birds"!...that's what I saw last year in Cheyenne. Yeah, great show! I may still have one or two pics on my comp, too.