PDA

View Full Version : Bike Graphics

Stark
Mon May 17th, 2004, 01:29 PM
The Gixxer 600 I have was bought used from a friend who had low-sided it on the right, and of course being a newbie owner I did the same thing on the left side. Now that it's paid off I'm starting to looking into fixing some of the minor cosmetic damage, which seems to be primarily just the stickers (it's the yellow/black color scheme, yellow stickers and white lettering on a black farring).

I stopped by Fay Myers today to shop for some boots and new gloves and decided to start picking up the stuff I needed to fix it, namely the huge "SUZUKI" lettering that goes on both sides. Was thinking on the ride home, however, that I have zero experience with this stuff. Anyone who's done this sorta work give me some pointers on how to go about replacing the stickers? Is it just a matter of peeling the old ones off and sticking the new ones on? Other than by scraping them along asphault at 20+ mph, is there a trick to getting the old ones off cleanly?

Thanks in advance,

-R

R1ch
Mon May 17th, 2004, 01:41 PM
Heat gun or hair dryer, heat it up, peel it off. To put on, heat the plasic and sticker, apply and let cool.

lifeon2
Mon May 17th, 2004, 07:21 PM
actually if you can get areasol (spelling?) glasscleaner you spray the area down really well it allows you to move the sticker around alot then you just squeegie the cleaner out from under it

thats how we do it here at the shop and have never had any trouble getting things right or with having them peel off