PDA

View Full Version : my first (on purpose) wheelie

PhL0aTeR
Fri May 25th, 2007, 06:36 PM
so since my bike isnt pretty anymore, i decided id learn to do a wheelie.... with a bit of coaching from Kannabis, on the way to work i pulled my first power wheelie... I can only raise the front about 7 inches or so, and it doesn't keep rising, just kinda eases down as i accelerate. but im happy nonetheless

:yay:

im not a stunter by any means, but i thought id need to learn how to do one in case im in heavy traffic down platte or academy, and i need to show off for some hotties :hump:

Brat
Fri May 25th, 2007, 09:59 PM
uh huh until you make it less pertyier... but congrats. keep it cautious, dont want to not have second gear like me :D

#1Townie
Sat May 26th, 2007, 02:39 AM
make sure you keep your foot over the brake.... and dont do power wheelies just work on clutching them... trust me in the end you will see why.... i whish i had never even tryd power wheelies...

PhL0aTeR
Sat May 26th, 2007, 03:35 AM
now ill have to learn how to clutch them......

Brat
Sat May 26th, 2007, 10:57 AM
thats how i lost second gear... lol. get video of it phloater... video of the ol 7incher.. :D

#1Townie
Sat May 26th, 2007, 01:27 PM
how did you loose seconed gear???? i dont understand...

dchd1130
Sat May 26th, 2007, 04:22 PM
thats how i lost second gear... lol. get video of it phloater... video of the ol 7incher.. :D

Is that a Katana your ride? If so second gear is a common problem with them. I helped my brother inlaw replace his last year.

konichd
Sat May 26th, 2007, 05:09 PM
I need to learn how to wheelie, as soon as shortcake gets her 636 done I'm all over it! :lol:

So whats with the art of "clutching it up?"

#1Townie
Sat May 26th, 2007, 11:19 PM
its safer... doing pwer wheelies you have to give it alot more gas to bring it up and pull harder to get to balance point... the looping factor is much high... if you clutch you can start alot slower and have more controll over the wheelie..... i started with power wheelies and i just learned this last year how to clutch my stand ups and found out the BIG diffrence....

DeeStylez
Sat May 26th, 2007, 11:53 PM
its safer... doing pwer wheelies you have to give it alot more gas to bring it up and pull harder to get to balance point... the looping factor is much high... if you clutch you can start alot slower and have more controll over the wheelie..... i started with power wheelies and i just learned this last year how to clutch my stand ups and found out the BIG diffrence....

Just curious on my bike I purchased used about a year ago 03' r6, I tried a couple of practice wheelies in a parking lot but couldnt keep it steady. Now I have no problem getting the front wheel to come up, the problem is trying to keep giving it throttle and keep it up in the air. I almost think that the last owner may have adjusted that trottle to their specs, whats your take Townie? Oh and I am starting in first gear...

#1Townie
Sun May 27th, 2007, 05:49 AM
you are talking about the front end going up and down right???? that is just throttle controll... you are just chopping the throttle, which could lead you to be being on your back side.... just work on nice smooth wrist movements...

PhL0aTeR
Sun May 27th, 2007, 09:18 AM
just work on nice smooth wrist movements...

And to think, all the years of practicing "nice smooth wrist movements" will pay off by doing wheelies :jerkoff:

:spit:

#1Townie
Sun May 27th, 2007, 09:42 AM
hahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!

thunderseye
Sun Jun 3rd, 2007, 11:37 AM
hmmm isn't clutching really hard on the clutch

#1Townie
Sun Jun 3rd, 2007, 01:17 PM
i dont think so.... not if you are doing it right.... if you are slipping it out real slow yeah... but when you just pop it its cool.... the 600 has 17kk miles and are mostly stunt... learned how to do wheelies on it.... stock clutch and motor... fork seals have been replaced a few times....

lightning126zp
Sun Jun 3rd, 2007, 03:07 PM
You got to teach me the ways oh wise one. I would like to learn a controlled way to do wheelies.

#1Townie
Sun Jun 3rd, 2007, 04:45 PM
just ride time my friend... nothing more.. use the clutch... left foot on rear peg... right foot over brake at all times... and start clutching... dont worry about speed or rpms... just feel the bike.. if you try to think about to much you will forget the most important... when you start to get it off the ground work on holding it and riding it not on how high it is... that will come with time...

pixel 6
Tue Jun 5th, 2007, 01:25 AM
Yeah, definitely lose the power up wheelies. Clutch em, and practice with the rear brake. - Pixel -

rideco
Fri Jun 8th, 2007, 02:53 PM
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6656191590638402466&q=how+to+wheelie

has a good little vid showing power and clutching up..
mike

Pull-To-Start
Wed Jun 20th, 2007, 04:25 PM
Clutchin is the way to go. Comes up quick and is easier on the trans. You don't have to worry about 2nd til you start shifting. If you do wear the clutch plates it's around $100 compaired to $1000 for a gear.

lightning126zp
Wed Jun 20th, 2007, 04:40 PM
Clutchin is the way to go. Comes up quick and is easier on the trans. You don't have to worry about 2nd til you start shifting. If you do wear the clutch plates it's around $100 compaired to $1000 for a gear.
Good to know. Thanks :)

lightning126zp
Wed Jun 20th, 2007, 04:44 PM
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6656191590638402466&q=how+to+wheelie

has a good little vid showing power and clutching up..
mike
Cool!!! I learned some pointers. I'll try it tonight up and down Acdemy in the middle of rush hour traffic...NOT!!!

#1Townie
Thu Jun 21st, 2007, 12:12 AM

dude when you commin back????? we need you back...

Pull-To-Start
Fri Jun 22nd, 2007, 07:57 PM
Who knows when I'll visit?? Come on this way ride 365 and nothin but straight and flat unless you're looking for twisties. Hell I took an F4i (01) out for a spin the other day and it lifted to 12 in 3rd w/stock gears and no effort. It's like having stunt gearing with the hit of a clutch.

#1Townie
Fri Jun 22nd, 2007, 08:42 PM
dude i know when i used to go to sac it was nuts... my 6 felt like a 1....

clustermagnet
Fri Jun 29th, 2007, 02:57 PM
so since my bike isnt pretty anymore, i decided id learn to do a wheelie.... with a bit of coaching from Kannabis, on the way to work i pulled my first power wheelie... I can only raise the front about 7 inches or so, and it doesn't keep rising, just kinda eases down as i accelerate. but im happy nonetheless

:yay:

im not a stunter by any means, but i thought id need to learn how to do one in case im in heavy traffic down platte or academy, and i need to show off for some hotties :hump:

HA

mkay... well, dont listen to kanabiis, cuz his 929 cant wheelie

Kanabiis
Fri Jun 29th, 2007, 04:22 PM
If clutching it up is hard on the clutch, I must have a superman clutch... the 929 has 39k miles on her, and there are days where I swear the front tire is off the ground more often then on the ground...

and Cluster.. u shut ur pie hole... you know your still working on finding 2nd gear let alone wheelie... slowpoke.... :hump:

Oh yea, congrats Phloter... that 'busa is alot of bike to be pulling up.... 500+ lbs of bike..... yikes =)

clustermagnet
Sat Jun 30th, 2007, 04:34 PM
kanabiis, i will smoke you!!!

clustermagnet
Sat Jun 30th, 2007, 04:48 PM
http://library.thinkquest.org/17360/workshop/picts/slika-4.jpg

clustermagnet
Sat Jun 30th, 2007, 04:48 PM
hehehheheehehehhehehhehhehehhehehe
xo xo