PDA

View Full Version : Newbie

tarded400
Sun May 27th, 2007, 02:53 PM
Hey guys... just joined the site and was doing some prodding around. Wow, track day forum, canyon carving, even stunting? I think this forum was made for me. :D Heres a vid I made a while ago... still have some work to do. Sorry for the watermark in advance.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iY-xdKcZ13g

lightning126zp
Sun May 27th, 2007, 04:09 PM
Cool :up: Now we need an SV video :D

tarded400
Sun May 27th, 2007, 07:35 PM
Ha! Thats the wife's bike for the most part.... good luck catching me doing wheelies on that! I've actually tried a couple times, but it "didn't have enough power" while I had my 929. Haven't actually tried it since I got the 30 hp motard. Maybe while shes gone tomorrow... :D

lightning126zp
Sun May 27th, 2007, 09:09 PM
Ha! Thats the wife's bike for the most part.... good luck catching me doing wheelies on that! I've actually tried a couple times, but it "didn't have enough power" while I had my 929. Haven't actually tried it since I got the 30 hp motard. Maybe while shes gone tomorrow... :D
The SV didn't have enough power for a wheelie? Wow...that's crazy. Must have been a big change to the '06 model.

tarded400
Sun May 27th, 2007, 09:27 PM
Well like I said I was used to my 929... as far as I know theres no changes from 03-06. Do you clutch yours or just power em up? I'm so used to the motard with really short gearing and light weight... it'll be different on the SV. And I don't really wanna practise tomorrow, being Memorial Day with cops everywhere. I met my father in law in Nederland on saturday, and he said he counted something like 25 cops in 30 miles, and every cop I saw (20?) had someone pulled over- they weren't just rollin with the flow, every time they got done with a stop they'd find someone else. Luckily it wasn't me!!

derekm
Sun May 27th, 2007, 10:14 PM
I'll wheelie that sh!t

lightning126zp
Mon May 28th, 2007, 09:48 AM
Well like I said I was used to my 929... as far as I know theres no changes from 03-06. Do you clutch yours or just power em up? I'm so used to the motard with really short gearing and light weight... it'll be different on the SV. And I don't really wanna practise tomorrow, being Memorial Day with cops everywhere. I met my father in law in Nederland on saturday, and he said he counted something like 25 cops in 30 miles, and every cop I saw (20?) had someone pulled over- they weren't just rollin with the flow, every time they got done with a stop they'd find someone else. Luckily it wasn't me!!
Power Up. I'm not proficient with the clutch method thus far.

tarded400
Mon May 28th, 2007, 09:57 AM
Whenever I tried to clutch i up it just spins. Damn those long lasting tires!!

#1Townie
Mon May 28th, 2007, 10:07 AM
let the air out of the tire... 15 pounds no more spin...

tarded400
Mon May 28th, 2007, 10:19 AM
Lol yeah... no WAY she'd notice that... and she took it to work so no fun for me... One reason I love the motard so much is the low speed of the wheelies. I don't need a freakin football field to wheelie off power like my 929. Hopefully I'm getting better, I used to just use the power and revs of my cbr, but theres neither in the DRZ.