PDA

View Full Version : I rode Horsepower Hill for the first time today...

Aracheon
Mon May 28th, 2007, 10:42 PM
...and holy crap!

Brat, I see why you like that ride so much! :up:

Jenny
Mon May 28th, 2007, 11:26 PM
I did the Pine Junction to Woodland Park ride yesterday for the first time in just about a year - the pavement is in great shape, hardly any sand and i had a fantastic time!

firegixx600
Tue May 29th, 2007, 04:33 AM
Oh how sweet that road is!! It is more and more clear of sand each time we go up! Glad you finally got to enjoy it!
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o26/wise400exco/DSC02617-1.jpg

Aracheon
Tue May 29th, 2007, 07:42 AM
I didn't even know where we were riding until I saw THAT portion of the road and the... ahem... speed limit sign. :D

Fly boy
Tue May 29th, 2007, 07:57 AM
so that sign is really posted? I thought it was a photochop.... Might have to go take a few pics

Aracheon
Tue May 29th, 2007, 08:20 AM
Of course it is. ;)

d_mob
Tue May 29th, 2007, 01:48 PM
sorry for the dumb question here, but where exactly is horsepower hill?

i'm new to denver and have been exploring around.

rode back and forth on 103 this past weekend between evergreen & idaho springs... great ride.

let me know when you get a chance --

BlueDog
Tue May 29th, 2007, 02:29 PM
Take Hampden Road/285 North I believe it is until Pine Valley road and head west. Although I could be wrong on those directions since I usually just get there by memory... Then stay on that road and it heads to Deckers and you have some options as to where to go from there.

d_mob
Tue May 29th, 2007, 02:52 PM
west on pine valley?

from silver springs to deckers, hwy 126 runs southeast.

am i thinking of the right road? i rode this last weekend from silver springs down to deckers and then northeast on 67 back up...

BlueDog
Tue May 29th, 2007, 03:38 PM
Yea, then I am pretty sure you were on the right road then. 126 Between Silver Springs and Deckers that is.

Excuse my above directions, apparently my internal compass is broken...

sfarson
Wed May 30th, 2007, 12:18 AM
Just be careful. It is heavily patrolled. Over the Memorial Day weekend the usual on road patrolling was switched to ATV campground patrolling.

firegixx600
Wed May 30th, 2007, 07:39 AM
west on pine valley?

from silver springs to deckers, hwy 126 runs southeast.

am i thinking of the right road? i rode this last weekend from silver springs down to deckers and then northeast on 67 back up...
You got the right road, it is easy to miss it going south, if you get to the lookout pulloff (right hand sweeper going south) then you just passed it..you can't miss it going north.

And the sign is real, just not legal:devious:

BlueDog
Wed May 30th, 2007, 08:09 AM
Is it really heavily patrolled? Have only seen one cop when I've been up there and he was going between deckers and that little campground/pulloff right after the pavement gets crappy.

Aracheon
Wed May 30th, 2007, 08:32 AM
Just be careful. It is heavily patrolled. Over the Memorial Day weekend the usual on road patrolling was switched to ATV campground patrolling.

I was a little worried about that when we went flying through the first time, but we never saw a single cop... *whew*

Is it really heavily patrolled? Have only seen one cop when I've been up there and he was going between deckers and that little campground/pulloff right after the pavement gets crappy.

That pissed me off! The pavement was perfect... and then turned narrow and shitty with a bunch of tar repair lines. :banghead:

Andiamó
Thu May 31st, 2007, 02:47 PM
...and holy crap!

:up:

is this HP hill?

http://tinyurl.com/2l7nlo

rider955i
Thu May 31st, 2007, 05:03 PM
I thought that speed limit sign was a photoshop deal to is this really 100mph speed limit? Or am I just stupid for believing it?

Brat
Thu May 31st, 2007, 05:24 PM
aracheon, yes i love that road, its soooo sweet that ride, i cant get enough, but i want another bike bc mines just well showing its age with the miles ive been putting on it.
as for the speed limit, heres another pic, i dont have photoshop.
http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t219/Bratmantlz/speedlimitride5-20-07003.jpg
we will have to get together for a ride sometime put faces to names, enjoy the ride, thats one of my primary rides, hwy 50 is going to be another favorite.
Brat:turtle:

sfarson
Fri Jun 1st, 2007, 12:55 AM

Yes it is. There's a full time Jeffco sheriff in a pick-up truck with an ATM in the back. He resides in a place near Trumbull, on the river just north of Deckers. A favorite place to hide/wait is in Buffalo Creek across from the Pike National Forest offices, on the closed forest road.

To be sure, the county line is at Deckers, and he doesn't head towards West Creek.

sfarson
Sun Jun 3rd, 2007, 07:22 PM
Noted this post of today's enforcement in the Deckers area...

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=236041

denverbusa
Mon Jun 4th, 2007, 03:59 AM
Yes it is. There's a full time Jeffco sheriff in a pick-up truck with an ATM in the back. He resides in a place near Trumbull, on the river just north of Deckers. A favorite place to hide/wait is in Buffalo Creek across from the Pike National Forest offices, on the closed forest road.

To be sure, the county line is at Deckers, and he doesn't head towards West Creek.

What's the "ATM" for? So you can pay the ticket on the spot?

firegixx600
Mon Jun 4th, 2007, 04:39 AM
How much is the surcharge?

Aracheon
Mon Jun 4th, 2007, 09:04 AM
we will have to get together for a ride sometime put faces to names, enjoy the ride, thats one of my primary rides, hwy 50 is going to be another favorite.
Brat:turtle:

I think that'd be killer fun. I'm game. :D

R1chie
Mon Jun 4th, 2007, 10:21 AM
It is a great ride, I like going up the hill, sometimes even ride up and down it a few times before continuing on the rest of the ride.

It was not so long ago that ride was ruined by flood. I am very happy to see it open again, now the pavement is new and even sweeter than ever. I rarely see cops, mostly by Woodland Park or Pine Junction. You do have to be careful though. Don't speed through the towns between Deckers and Pine Junction.

http://www.mxphotos.net/webpic/deckers.jpg
http://www.mxphotos.net/webpic/deckers2.jpg

Aracheon
Mon Jun 4th, 2007, 10:37 AM
Whoa... holy crap.

Brat
Tue Jun 5th, 2007, 11:50 PM
oh yeah that new pavement is sweet. i love that stretch too. 90-100mph turns.. :D when i muster the courage.
aracheon, just post when and i am down, granted if i'm free.