PDA

View Full Version : Knee Puck add-ons

Dr. Joe Siphek
Tue May 29th, 2007, 10:48 AM
Anyone know where i can get the knee puck set up...i've got a set of pants, but no velcro or puck. Where can i find this?

rybo
Tue May 29th, 2007, 10:52 AM
Call Kris Hillman 720 338 7574

She can sew the velcro onto the pants for you. From there you can get pucks at Faster, or from Joe (jplracing) that will just velcro right on!

Heading to the track?

Scott

Dr. Joe Siphek
Tue May 29th, 2007, 11:04 AM
Thanks for the info...any ideas on Cost?

Heading to the track?No...just trying to look cool :lol: Actually, IMI might be in this dude's future, but i'm just trying to be prepared.

rybo
Tue May 29th, 2007, 11:11 AM
I'm not sure what she'll charge for the sewing, but her work is really good and reasonably priced. She's done a few repairs for me and they've held up extremely well.

The pucks are pretty cheap: $20-$30. I've probably got a scuffed up almost worn out pair you can have if you want. (I mean, if we're all about looking cool, they look way cooler when scuffed up)

www.rebellionmotorsports.com (http://www.rebellionmotorsports.com)

sky_blue
Tue May 29th, 2007, 11:26 AM
I need pucks (as I have a vague notion of getting a knee down at the track) also need some more zipper installed (my leathers are 3/4 zip)...gonna give this lady a call. Thanks.

AshliRider44
Tue May 29th, 2007, 12:53 PM
Mike Applehauns at Faster can hook you up with the knee pucks, they are from Asphalt and Gas and totally kick ass. (I rhymed) :D

Slo
Tue May 29th, 2007, 01:04 PM
Mike got me hooked up with those woodcraft pucks and man, they are holding up awesome.

I remember the first set of pucks from Teknic burned up in the first weekend, then the second were a bit better quality, 2 weekends. I have had these woodcraft ones for 3 weeks now and they are still lightly scuffed. Hmmmmm, maybe I'm just slowing down now haha.

Raven R6 (Adam) ended up getting his done up in Longmont and the lady even went to RM Kawasaki to check out velcro spots and such, did an awesome job, you can PM him if Longmont is closer to you.

Sortarican
Tue May 29th, 2007, 01:21 PM
Just got a set at performance for $16.
Jerry's leathers on Broadway (just north of Belleview) does sewing too.

I have one of those 1920's antique foot pedel sewing machines for doing auto upholstry.
It goes through leather well, just not sure it'll work inside the leg for my pucks.
I'll probably just farm that job out.

*KEN*
Tue May 29th, 2007, 06:04 PM
Jerry's Leathers told me that they wouldn't do work on anything that had a liner inside the jacket/pants.