PDA

View Full Version : Barn STILL owes me 10 bucks!

konichd
Wed May 30th, 2007, 07:54 PM
And I still managed to get shortcakes bike done!

FWIW I will be posting a guide on "How to rebuild a Salvaged Bike" in bike tech for those that are interested in what it takes to bring a bike back. :)

Sully
Wed May 30th, 2007, 07:59 PM
Damn DK.. I'm impressed ! Nice job :up:... Can you do mine now ? :D And btw.. you still owe ME breakfast !

rybo
Wed May 30th, 2007, 07:59 PM
and Shortcake with the matching shirt!

*GSXR~SNAIL*
Wed May 30th, 2007, 08:00 PM
Wow! Very nice David...not too shabby for a K'Saki.

Shortcake
Thu May 31st, 2007, 12:53 AM
YAY!!! You're my hero!!!!

konichd
Thu May 31st, 2007, 08:24 AM
Considering it looked like this 5 weeks ago, I'd say it turned out pretty good. Just a few "minor" things need to be taken care of (stator cover, front fender) and it should be good as new! :)

rybo
Thu May 31st, 2007, 08:45 AM
It actually looked worse than that....this is after you cleaned it up!

We'll get the stator cover soon!

konichd
Thu May 31st, 2007, 08:49 AM
Oh ya, big props to RYBO for helping me out too. He donated a tremendous amount of his own time to come down and help me out with the rebuild on this. :)

However, Shortcake is under the impression she just has to put bike parts in the garage, close the door, and the next day thier "magically" on the bike. :(

konichd
Thu May 31st, 2007, 08:50 AM
Here is what it looked like at Lincoln Auto when I picked it up.

rybo
Thu May 31st, 2007, 08:53 AM
Oh ya, big props to RYBO for helping me out too. He donated a tremendous amount of his own time to come down and help me out with the rebuild on this. :)

However, Shortcake is under the impression she just has to put bike parts in the garage, close the door, and the next day thier "magically" on the bike. :(

Did I mention the nearly totaled R6 that's in my garage? Don't worry DK, you'll be paying me back for the help!

So....let me get this right, I put the R6 in your garage with some parts and it arrives back at my place set to go??? How come Shortcake never told me about this before????

Suki
Thu May 31st, 2007, 08:56 AM
holy shit! that's awesome!!! it looks brand spankin new, what a lucky gal!

definitely post up your little handbook, we're looking at getting a second bike, possibly from salvage as well.

konichd
Thu May 31st, 2007, 08:57 AM
Sorry Scott, for some reason it only works on Kawi's. Just ask Matt, his R6 is in the garage and it still looks like a train wreck! :lol:

64BonnieLass
Thu May 31st, 2007, 08:57 AM
Wow! Nice work. :yay:

konichd
Thu May 31st, 2007, 08:59 AM
holy shit! that's awesome!!! it looks brand spankin new, what a lucky gal!

definitely post up your little handbook, we're looking at getting a second bike, possibly from salvage as well.

I'll post up a "detailed" how to later this weekend. I'm going to go get the framed stamped on Friday and get it inspected on Sat. That should completed the process and let people know exactly what one's getting into when buying a salvaged bike.

rybo
Thu May 31st, 2007, 08:59 AM
Sorry Scott, for some reason it only works on Kawi's. Just ask Matt, his R6 is in the garage and it still looks like a train wreck! :lol:
hmmm..

Suki, we can probably photo document the whole process on my R6, it will be a race bike when it's done, but many of the basics are the same. I'll be doing a lightly damaged street R6 at about the same time.

DK....we've got a busy summer planned!

konichd
Thu May 31st, 2007, 09:11 AM
Thats what its all about Scott, building bikes and making the ladies happy. ;)

konichd
Thu May 31st, 2007, 09:12 AM
I took plenty of pictures Suki so just keep an eye out for my "How to Rebuild a Salvage Bike" and it will tell you EXACTLY what it will take.

Suki
Thu May 31st, 2007, 09:13 AM
welp, we need to get alan a street/track bike because now my excuse for not riding is because the Man of the House is not letting me ride his track bike, which doubles as my streetbike :lol:

So, we're thinking of either making the GSXR his track/street bike and getting another R1 so that i can ride that when he's at track days, or just getting another 600 bike for him to take on the track. He really loves the way the 06 GSXR handles on the track, so if we can find one super cheap, maybe salvage, then we can rebuild and make it street/trackable.

:dunno:

Mother Goose
Thu May 31st, 2007, 09:32 AM
Damn squids riding around in flip flops! :lol: j/k. Good work DK! Now if you can only get rid of my bike. ;)

Dr. Joe Siphek
Thu May 31st, 2007, 09:56 AM
how much did it cost DK? all toghether.

Canuck
Thu May 31st, 2007, 09:59 AM
few "minor" things need to be taken care of (stator cover...

David, the stator cover does not fit? Whats the issue with the one you bought from me?

konichd
Thu May 31st, 2007, 10:00 AM
Travis,
Got the bike for $2,700 and probably could have made it "streetable" for another $1300. However I did spend some money during the rebuilld on a lot of stuff I didn't need: Power commander, signal integrator, exhaust, braided brake lines, Woodcraft clip-ons, K&N air filter, Puig double bubble windscreen, etc. So instead of $4,000 we probably have a little more than $5,000 into this bike, but I do have "race plasics" for it so its really two bikes in one! :)

konichd
Thu May 31st, 2007, 10:02 AM
David, the stator cover does not fit? Whats the issue with the one you bought from me?

I *think* I could get it to work but one bolt hole is off by 1/4" at the top. I have a new gasket so I'll probably just use some gasket sealant at the top where its just a tad off. :)

Canuck
Thu May 31st, 2007, 10:06 AM
Just drill a new hole in the cover to match up with the thread on the block. Otherwise, if you want me to buy it back from you, I will do that.

konichd
Thu May 31st, 2007, 10:13 AM
Just drill a new hole in the cover to match up with the thread on the block. Otherwise, if you want me to buy it back from you, I will do that.

No worries Jason, I bought it knowing what issues might arrise. I'll probably just drill a new hole and place a little Permatex around it to ensure a tight seal.

AshliRider44
Thu May 31st, 2007, 10:18 AM
:yay: dk it looks fantastic!

Dr. Joe Siphek
Thu May 31st, 2007, 10:18 AM
BTW...i like the Blue much better than the REd/orangish color

Canuck
Thu May 31st, 2007, 10:24 AM
BTW...i like the Blue much better than the REd/orangish color

I like the red head better... :hump:

konichd
Thu May 31st, 2007, 10:43 AM
:lol: Prepare to see the bike, and more of the redhead in the upcoming CSC calendar!

Dr. Joe Siphek
Thu May 31st, 2007, 11:25 AM
:lol: Prepare to see the bike, and more of the redhead in the upcoming CSC calendar!
what do you mean "more" of the redhead? I hope you mean what I think you mean! :eyebrows:

konichd
Thu May 31st, 2007, 11:27 AM
Well Vance is in charge of the calendar, and we all know Vance! :lol:

Mother Goose
Thu May 31st, 2007, 12:49 PM
Vance likes to run around naked.

Shortcake
Thu May 31st, 2007, 12:54 PM
The bike tuned out so much better than I thought it would. And I'll be posting a "how to" on how to fix it Jeanna style... aka buy some parts and one by one put them in the garage with some food near by and.... taadaa... you get a pretty blue bike. wait... david said I can't call it pretty. Its TOUGH!

Suki
Thu May 31st, 2007, 12:56 PM
bah, it's your bike! call it what you want and put some fuckin tassles on it! :lol:

Suki
Thu May 31st, 2007, 12:56 PM
oh... and dont forget cool stickers too for additional horse power.

Shortcake
Thu May 31st, 2007, 01:20 PM
TASSELS????? :hump: