PDA

View Full Version : Morrison start Sat 2 June - newb to CO looker for leader

WordFliesNverted
Thu May 31st, 2007, 11:02 AM
Hey all,

Looking for anyone wanting to ride this Saturday, 2 June. I'm new to the area so I know there are canyons, I can see curvy roads on maps, but I'm not sure which ones to ride and which ones will get me tossed in jail.

Obviously with all the talk of people getting pulled over and bikes impounded, I want to keep it low key and just go enjoy the (hopefully) good weather.

Lemme know-
Word

Sully
Thu May 31st, 2007, 11:04 AM
Just don't speed through the canyons and you won't get tossed in jail... hopefully.. :) I think people meet at the Morrison Conoco on Saturdays and Sundays around 9:00 am.

Andiamó
Thu May 31st, 2007, 02:39 PM
I think people meet at the Morrison Conoco on Saturdays and Sundays around 9:00 am.[/quote]

I'll be there around 8:30, but I'm relatively new, too, and I won't be leading if I don't have to.

Last week we rode up Golden Gate and across to the P2P and down 7 to Lyons. It was sweet. We saw a buncha cops, but we were (mostly) being careful.

The earlier we leave, the fewer cagers we have to deal with.

DenverBusa was leading last week; maybe he'll do it again.

BlueDog
Thu May 31st, 2007, 08:29 PM
I can show ya around. Morrison road, indian hills, horsepower hill... Its not too terribly long of a ride either but covers a good deal of fun roads.

Need to make sure I am free saturday morning though and unfortunately I wont know until tomorrow night...

JustSomeDude
Thu May 31st, 2007, 08:37 PM
I got no plans Saturday morning, and would be more than happy to lead you around the area if BlueDog is busy. Blue, I'll be back-up in case you can't post until late Friday.

Morrison Conoco - 8:30 meet - prompt 9am departure. I got a blue Yamaha 600R. This will be a more relaxed pace through some popular routes, with a few spirited stretches thrown in. Look for this bike hanging out:

http://pixpipeline.com/st/121176a21313.jpg (http://pixpipeline.com/d/121176a21313.jpg)

BlueDog - I know that's you on GEARS OF WAR. Don't tell me it's not brotha!! I'll call you out again at Arby's if I have to!! ;)

BlueDog
Thu May 31st, 2007, 09:06 PM
BlueDog - I know that's you on GEARS OF WAR. Don't tell me it's not brotha!! I'll call you out again at Arby's if I have to!! ;)

Haha, that was a funny conversation but nope I don't own a 360, sadly. Unless of course the player you are talking about is always kicking your ass in which case yea thats me, ya newb :).

Yea, only reason I wouldn't make it is if I have to help move some stuff around town but I am going to try to get out of that. My tires also need some updating so it'll be pretty relaxed. But hell, if we all get there and someone else would be better for the job of leading then I'll sweep, makes no difference to me. Also maybe able to get a radar detector setup on my bike, seeing as how my brother drove the car it was in into a wall, so we can cut down the chances of a run in with johnny law.

8:30 be there... I'll be on a blue Superhawk

SixnChange
Thu May 31st, 2007, 10:37 PM
I'd like to come with you guys, I'll be leaving Boulder Saturday morning. Are you going to do the usual 9:00 meet?

BlueDog
Thu May 31st, 2007, 11:06 PM
Sounds like we are meeting at 8:30 and departing at 9:00. I'm sure there will be more than just us there so I guess we'll see who shows up and who wants to go with what group.

Crisco
Thu May 31st, 2007, 11:16 PM
where is this conoco?

I would be coming from longmont and I am new to riding so I would love to meet some people

BlueDog
Thu May 31st, 2007, 11:23 PM
where is this conoco?

I would be coming from longmont and I am new to riding so I would love to meet some people

It is the big gas station on the right hand side of morrison road. Take C-470 to Morrison Rd. exit. Get off heading west and it is on the right hand side of the road.

SixnChange
Fri Jun 1st, 2007, 08:27 AM
where is this conoco?

which bike did you go with?

GregsGSXR
Fri Jun 1st, 2007, 08:34 AM
I will be there 9:00am on my GSXR 600.

Sully
Fri Jun 1st, 2007, 08:48 AM
I will be there on my big wheel !

It can also be found by the Bandimere exit :)

SXSMITH
Fri Jun 1st, 2007, 09:26 AM
I'll be there.

konichd
Fri Jun 1st, 2007, 09:28 AM
I should be there either on the 10 or the 636 (hopefully) :)

t_jolt
Fri Jun 1st, 2007, 09:40 AM
I would be willing to go as well, with my tiny gs500 :)

what time would be

Tyrel

ChefQ
Fri Jun 1st, 2007, 09:41 AM
I should be able to make it. yellow and black gsxr 750

t_jolt
Fri Jun 1st, 2007, 10:41 AM
What time do you think that we would be done with this ride?

Tyrel

Sully
Fri Jun 1st, 2007, 10:44 AM
I should be there either on the 10 or the 636 (hopefully) :)

Make Shortcake ride the 636, now that it's done ! :D

BlueDog
Fri Jun 1st, 2007, 10:51 AM

Tyrel

With route I suggested, should be no later than noon...

SixnChange
Fri Jun 1st, 2007, 01:26 PM

Tyrel

the end of a ride is like the end of sex - time for a nap

denverbusa
Fri Jun 1st, 2007, 03:10 PM
the end of a ride is like the end of sex - time for a nap
:imwithstupid:

No good nap for me this weekend. I'm out 'til next weekend, so keep it safe and have fun.

Later,
Mark

CanyonCarver
Fri Jun 1st, 2007, 03:34 PM
I will try to show up. Man you guys show up early!! I will try

JustSomeDude
Fri Jun 1st, 2007, 03:34 PM
UPDATE - I gotta BAIL on this ride. Sorry to do this last minute, hope you can still hit it BlueDog... I scored a sick deal on a 3-rail cycle-trailer ...gotta check it out early AM before some one else snags it! :(

Anyone riding Sunday?

firegixx600
Fri Jun 1st, 2007, 04:23 PM
If ya'll are heading out Sunday as well, I'd make the trip up from the springs

Brat
Fri Jun 1st, 2007, 04:25 PM
If ya'll are heading out Sunday as well, I'd make the trip up from the springs
look look you went country on us again! :D sorry im bored i have to point somthing out.. lol.

BlueDog
Fri Jun 1st, 2007, 04:32 PM
Yea. I can make it. Does everyone still want to meet at 8:30?

SixnChange
Fri Jun 1st, 2007, 05:02 PM
Yea. I can make it. Does everyone still want to meet at 8:30?

Damn, early to bed early to rise, to ride with you guys. I might not make it until 9 on the blue R1. Hope you're still there when I show up

:drink:

WordFliesNverted
Fri Jun 1st, 2007, 06:17 PM
Hmm, I started this post, now I have to bail. ARGH... this silly work thing.

I'm going to start a dif thread for Sat night at Platte Valley... sorry to bail fellas, but I gotta pay for this turd somehow.

Word

JustSomeDude
Fri Jun 1st, 2007, 06:17 PM
Ok - I can make it - guy already sold it. :(

BlueDog
Fri Jun 1st, 2007, 07:19 PM
Ok - I can make it - guy already sold it. :(

Bummer... K, well, lets say we'll leave at 9:15 so everyone has a chance to get there?

Oh, I meant bummer as in WorldFlies couldn't go, not that you could, lol...

ChefQ
Fri Jun 1st, 2007, 09:08 PM
I'll be there at 9

Andiamó
Fri Jun 1st, 2007, 09:37 PM
where is this conoco?

I, too am leaving from Longmont. I sent you a private message with my phone numbers. Gimme a buzz if you wanna ride down together.

CanyonCarver
Fri Jun 1st, 2007, 10:19 PM
So are we leaving a little later now? I can be there at nine same with chef

BlueDog
Fri Jun 1st, 2007, 10:58 PM
Yea, I think a little later is reasonable, but definitely be there by 9 so we can get fueled figure out where we are going, and get on our way.

JustSomeDude
Sat Jun 2nd, 2007, 07:29 AM
Just polishing some Foldgers! YEAH! See you clowns in an hour!

JustSomeDude
Sat Jun 2nd, 2007, 03:14 PM
Just wanted to say it was nice seeing you all, and meeting a few of you riders from up in Longmont (Andrew, Chris, etc.). I had a good time riding with you guys and hope we get to ride again this summer. Sorry about the big ClusterFaHck at the beginning when all the groups merged together - and I hope our pace wasn't too slow for some of the more aggressive guys that jumped on board.

I hope you Longmont guys got a good glimpse of some of the roads down here. Let's do it again sometime!

PS: Any word on how the guy on the Triumph is doing after that fall? I hope his shoulder is OK.

Cars-R-Coffins
Sat Jun 2nd, 2007, 03:41 PM
Fall? What?! Huh? Was it the gravel coming north out of Deckers? I hope he is doing alright.

BlueDog
Sat Jun 2nd, 2007, 05:01 PM
Well, he made it back out ok so hopefully he is doing alright. It sucks that his bike is going to need some repairing but I must say the crash was quite a site to see, still not sure exactly what happened.

The guy that had the bmw and the nice camera needs to get on here and post some shots up...

Cars-R-Coffins
Sat Jun 2nd, 2007, 05:11 PM
Thanks for sweeping so no one gets left behind :applause:

t_jolt
Sat Jun 2nd, 2007, 05:19 PM
Hey all, Its Tyrel. I just wanted to say thanks for letting me and my friend ride with you. Anyway i really enjoyed the ride. if anyone is doing anything 2 weekends from now let me know.

The guy on the daytona is doing good. We made it home, took us 2 hours and an average speed of 25-30 mph. Steve, says post up those pictures. He wants to see them :) anyway, His shoulder is pretty f*d up. Probably wont be able to use it for a couple days I ended up having to drive his bike the rest of the way home.

Tyrel

McVaaahhh
Sat Jun 2nd, 2007, 05:27 PM
Damn, Tyrel, wtf happened? When did it happen?

I don't remember seeing much sand on the road from Deckers to 285, but we weren't really moving after we left you guys at Zoka's.

JustSomeDude
Sat Jun 2nd, 2007, 05:40 PM
Fall? What?! Huh? Was it the gravel coming north out of Deckers? I hope he is doing alright.

That be it.

Damn, Tyrel, wtf happened? When did it happen?I don't remember seeing much sand on the road from Deckers to 285, but we weren't really moving after we left you guys at Zoka's.

Right after the stop in Deckers. Some of the faster guys headed up first, and then we all took off. I don't think it was even a mile out of Deckers, one of the first right handers... line of gravel down the middle of the road. I guess he hit it a little wrong and went out.

:(

t_jolt
Sat Jun 2nd, 2007, 06:25 PM
From what i got out of it, he broke lose the rear tire, and swerved into oncoming traffic. I don't know what happened from there, but it sounds like he panic'd and locked up the front tire. Causing his bike to go end over end.

Its alright though. He learned something today :) not just about his bike, but about how he reacts!

Funny thing, how someone spends 8 years in the marines. 2 tours in Iraq, etc... Never lost his cool when he was getting shot at, or when re-inforcements never came (that's one hell of a story). But all it took was some gravel, and some excessive speed.

Tyrel

CanyonCarver
Sat Jun 2nd, 2007, 06:27 PM
Hope he is doing good. I did that ride to Deckers three days ago, someone just laid down his bike on one of the turns. I hope Corey and all ya'll had fun!

Andiamó
Sat Jun 2nd, 2007, 09:41 PM
Just wanted to say it was nice seeing you all, and meeting a few of you riders from up in Longmont (Andrew, Chris, etc.). I had a good time riding with you guys and hope we get to ride again this summer.

Thanks for a really nice ride. It was a bit mellower than I'm used to, but it was exactly the right speed for the scenery. Y'all got some pretty valleys down South.

Thanks Cory for sweeping and here's hoping Steve heals fast.

I'll ride with you guys any time.

/andrew

GOTeamYosh
Sun Jun 3rd, 2007, 01:30 PM
Hey all, Its Tyrel. I just wanted to say thanks for letting me and my friend ride with you. Anyway i really enjoyed the ride. if anyone is doing anything 2 weekends from now let me know.

The guy on the daytona is doing good. We made it home, took us 2 hours and an average speed of 25-30 mph. Steve, says post up those pictures. He wants to see them :) anyway, His shoulder is pretty f*d up. Probably wont be able to use it for a couple days I ended up having to drive his bike the rest of the way home.

Tyrel

Was that the kid on the brand new Daytona? I ran into the sweeper and the Daytona at the Pine Junction intersection and talked with them at Deckers. They had turned in front of me at Pine Junction and I caught up to tell them that the rest of the group was still behind me. They turned back towards Pine at Deckers and I continued on to Woodland Park and the Springs. The Daytona was having problems holding his line and even crossed over the center line in one section while I was behind him. Hate seeing people get hurt.

Sorry couldn't hang with the group on Saturday, the pace was too far off for me. The weather was great and I got to ride a M109 R down at Apex. New bike maybe added to the fold before too long.

Time to fly - SPEED TV coverage of race day starts shortly.

Cheers.

Crisco
Sun Jun 3rd, 2007, 04:14 PM
I had a great time and definatly got alot more comfortable with my bike

Almost had a total of 300miles just that one day haha

I need to get faster now lol

ChefQ
Sun Jun 3rd, 2007, 04:44 PM
Dude I am so sorry you wrecked I hoe that you and that beautiful bike recover quickly.

PS

For the record I was the sweeper from the get go, and unfortunatly we (triumph guy and myself) mist the first stopping point and continued on to deckers. Quite frankly I was pretty pist because I thought that we where left behind and I was stuck going 20 mph for two f-ing hours. Fortunatly we ran into the guy on the gsxr 600 who told us every one was way behind us.
You can ask the Tryumph guy how everything went down and he will tell you that I was more than patient and I offered to ride back home with him. So please from now on check the facts before you call someone out on a public forum.

BlueDog
Sun Jun 3rd, 2007, 05:04 PM
When did you get separated Chef? And I dont think he is calling you out...

Oh and Chris, you were going plenty fast, mountain roads aren't the place to show how quick you are anyways.

JustSomeDude
Sun Jun 3rd, 2007, 05:14 PM
For the record I was the sweeper from the get go, and unfortunatly we (triumph guy and myself) mist the first stopping point and continued on to deckers. Quite frankly I was pretty pist because I thought that we where left behind and I was stuck going 20 mph for two f-ing hours. Fortunatly we ran into the guy on the gsxr 600 who told us every one was way behind us.

You can ask the Tryumph guy how everything went down and he will tell you that I was more than patient and I offered to ride back home with him. So please from now on check the facts before you call someone out on a public forum.

ChefQ... First off, I'm sorry you got held up on sweeping a slow pace, but that's part of being a sweeper. Secondly, I don't really understand the attitude.

BlueDog and myself had initially setup a group at Conoco for the people looking to learn new mountain roads. It wasn't a fast pace, and was made clear at the get go that it would be a slower ride. When it started getting late (9:20ish), we decided to define our crew and head out. We left out of Conoco with 7 people, and Blue ran sweeper. By the first stop - we had 25 or so guys with us as a bunch of groups merged, and it became a giant mess.

A number or riders joined up and left as the day progressed, and KidIc was simply pointing out that Blue did a good job sweeping our crew, and staying with the Triumph rider after he went down.

No one's trying to call out anyone. :cheers:

ChefQ
Sun Jun 3rd, 2007, 05:24 PM
I am not mad about going slow, Like I said in my post I was mad when I thought we were left behind, once the guy on the gsxr 600 (jeff) told me that we actually had left everyone else I then felt bad and was worried about him even getting home. As for being called out I am sorry if I took that out of context but thats how it look to me via computer emotions.

Cars-R-Coffins
Sun Jun 3rd, 2007, 08:15 PM
To clear the air... I was sincere in my appreciation

ChefQ
Sun Jun 3rd, 2007, 10:44 PM
Kettle meet Pot. I am sorry I guess I should have not read into that as sarcasm.

GregsGSXR
Mon Jun 4th, 2007, 01:34 PM
Despite our little mishap I had a blast. the route is always nice and it was a good group. Look forward to riding again soon.