PDA

View Full Version : cops here cops there. well they cant be everywhere!!

rideco
Thu May 31st, 2007, 12:08 PM
All,
After reading the post about CSP on hwy 7 I decided to create this thread. We all know Gilpin County is ripe with the little donut eaters (beware white pickups). We all know that its summer time and motorcycles are a major target of LE. So where are some good roads where cops are rare?? Feel free to correct me if I am wrong but I went up left hand canyon this weekend and it was empty except for road bikes. Esp. the section past Jamestown to the "End of the road". This area seems out of the way and I doubt cops go to this area unless called. This is the type road/area I am looking for... Any one got some places like this in mind. Oh and I know you always run the risk of running into a cop even in the middle of no where. So lets not go there.
mike

schnorbitz
Thu May 31st, 2007, 12:56 PM
So where are some good roads where cops are rare??

If that info gets posted on a public forum those roads won't be cop free for long!

Nick_Ninja
Thu May 31st, 2007, 01:03 PM
CO 2 between I-76 and C-470 :D

daemon
Thu May 31st, 2007, 01:20 PM
If that info gets posted on a public forum those roads won't be cop free for long!
yeah,what he said.
i'm keeping my secrets

rideco
Thu May 31st, 2007, 02:02 PM
Please tell me that you really dont think that the fuzz is going to read this forum. Then catch this thread and last "stake out" or up their patrols on a road because it was brought up here. If you cant do the time dont do the crime.
mike

Nick_Ninja
Thu May 31st, 2007, 02:04 PM
Please tell me that you really dont think that the fuzz is going to read this forum. Then catch this thread and last "stake out" or up their patrols on a road because it was brought up here. If you cant do the time dont do the crime.
mike

Ride like hell ---------- you'll get there soon enough!

rideco
Thu May 31st, 2007, 02:37 PM
Ride like hell ---------- you'll get there soon enough!

yea... I dont get what you are trying to say... If you got something negative to say spell it out.

Here is what I am trying to say... If you dont want a speeding ticket then dont speed. We all know risks of getting tickets is higher in some areas then others. Lets try to get some idea of the roads in our area where the risk of getting pulled over is lower then others. I figured that I would get a few responses with " if I tell you then I would have to kill you" but that was expected. Also I also understand that I cant get a ticket on the track so lets save those post for another thread as well.
mike

schnorbitz
Thu May 31st, 2007, 02:51 PM
Please tell me that you really dont think that the fuzz is going to read this forum.

Yup, that's what I'm saying.

If you cant do the time dont do the crime.

Why are you looking for cop free roads if you're not speeding? If you're under the limit then you have nothing to worry about and you can ride past the fuzz all day?!

rideco
Thu May 31st, 2007, 04:15 PM
Yup, that's what I'm saying.

Dont... Dont... Dont believe the hype!! (in my best Flavor Flav voice)

Why are you looking for cop free roads if you're not speeding? If you're under the limit then you have nothing to worry about and you can ride past the fuzz all day?!

That is exactly my point. My license has 0 points on it. I do speed but I try to do it wisely. Aka not in Gilpin County or bad spots. So lets talk about friendly places where speeding might not get noticed..
mike

Nick_Ninja
Thu May 31st, 2007, 06:05 PM
Dont... Dont... Dont believe the hype!! (in my best Flavor Flav voice)

That is exactly my point. My license has 0 points on it. I do speed but I try to do it wisely. Aka not in Gilpin County or bad spots. So lets talk about friendly places where speeding might not get noticed..
mike

Maybe at the CONOCO but not on the board. First thing to remember in dealing with LEO's is never give them ANY ammo to use against you. Cell phones tell the tail of woe on any given roadway when the likes of us decide to open up the ponies and vamoose. I don't care to communicate with law enforcement because I have nothig good to say to law enforcement

Read this thread: http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/showthread.php?t=13449 (http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/showthread.php?t=13449) It is just a matter of time before it involves bikes --- if it hasn’t already.

rideco
Fri Jun 1st, 2007, 08:41 AM
Ninja,
I dont trust cops either but the way things are today they are a necessary evil. They should focus on major crimes and not stupid things like speeding and chirping of tires. my $.02
mike

Nick_Ninja
Fri Jun 1st, 2007, 08:44 AM
Ninja,
I dont trust cops either but the way things are today they are a necessary evil. They should focus on major crimes and not stupid things like speeding and chirping of tires. my $.02
mike

Their budgets should be cut and the lot of them sent to Iraq. Gun-point revenue collection seems to be a real means for these yo-yo's to get their rocks off.

Volition
Sat Jun 9th, 2007, 12:42 PM
Their budgets should be cut and the lot of them sent to Iraq. Gun-point revenue collection seems to be a real means for these yo-yo's to get their rocks off.

Truer words have never been spoken... if any of you have to been to Fort Collins lately and seen the fucking enormous new police station (north of timberline and drake) they just put up you'd understand why the cops are out in force. It has nothing to do with public safety...

pilot
Sat Jun 9th, 2007, 10:23 PM
I think someone on this board told me of a "bust" done down Florida. Turns out a "Newbie" joined a few rides and the one day he and the rest of his new found friends were cruizing along when Newb suggest a new route. The Newbie say hey let's stop here and get gas.

Newbie turns out to be an Undercover cop. Eveyone pulled over and thust then a whole slew of cops surroud the gas station and impound all the bikes for going over the posted limit.

Brian428
Sat Jun 9th, 2007, 10:50 PM
Speed Trap this afternoon second entrance to Red Rocks From The Conoco and Highway Patrol was set up right by Kermits. A lot of LEO's near Evergreen but none on Squaw Pass. Could be similar on Sunday.

Aracheon
Sun Jun 10th, 2007, 08:14 AM
^^^

Might be my fault. ;)

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j208/aracheon/2001%20F4i/DSC01300.jpg

rideco
Mon Jun 11th, 2007, 11:13 AM
I think someone on this board told me of a "bust" done down Florida. Turns out a "Newbie" joined a few rides and the one day he and the rest of his new found friends were cruizing along when Newb suggest a new route. The Newbie say hey let's stop here and get gas.

Newbie turns out to be an Undercover cop. Eveyone pulled over and thust then a whole slew of cops surroud the gas station and impound all the bikes for going over the posted limit.

Dang that is ruff.... I dont understand how they can impound every bike speeding..... It seems there should be a certain limit and over that you get impounded. 20 over maybe... But to just say that everyone who was speeding got there bike impounded sounds like a lawsuit waiting to happen. btw... only cops I saw this weekend was a sneaky boulder sheriff just coming into Lyons on 7 from EP. Right where the speed limit changes to like 15 or something stupid like that he was tucked into a small gravel road behind some trees. Really hard to see but I always slow down in towns so I did not get pulled.
mike

jbnwc
Mon Jun 11th, 2007, 11:25 AM
Newbie turns out to be an Undercover cop. Eveyone pulled over and thust then a whole slew of cops surroud the gas station and impound all the bikes for going over the posted limit

Did they impound the cop's bike as well? If he was riding with them, then he was speeding and is just as guilty as the rest. Oh wait - I forgot that laws don't apply to cops.

Brian428
Mon Jun 11th, 2007, 02:06 PM
^^^

Might be my fault. ;)

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j208/aracheon/2001%20F4i/DSC01300.jpg

I knew someone here must've started it...:pointlaugh:

RF900guy
Mon Jun 11th, 2007, 09:38 PM
Did they impound the cop's bike as well? If he was riding with them, then he was speeding and is just as guilty as the rest. Oh wait - I forgot that laws don't apply to cops.

I would guess that it wouldn't matter if the cops bike got impounded. They would get it back when it was taken to the impound yard. Sound like the perfect cop sting operation, not that I endorse that type of thing.

James

Messina748
Mon Jun 11th, 2007, 10:36 PM
You ride by a cop doin' 70 in a 55 and he does a 100 mph to catch up and give you a ticket.

FortitudoX
Tue Jun 12th, 2007, 12:26 AM
I havn't had any problems with cops on Coal Creek Canyon...but I havn't ridden there very much lately either....