PDA

View Full Version : Do sportbikes belong at Platte River?

WordFliesNverted
Fri Jun 1st, 2007, 06:21 PM
Hey again all. I have to work Sat AM so I'm bailing on the ride (sorry) but I'll be back Sat PM and wanting to hang with some of ya'll, but I'm not sure where.

I wanted to know if anyone has checked out Platte River Bar and Grille (I think that's what its called) over on Sante Fe.

I hear a lot of bikers hang out there, but when I roll by, all I see are choppers and hogs.

Any sportbiker types want to go take it over with me on Saturday night?

Word

King Nothing
Fri Jun 1st, 2007, 06:59 PM
Apparently, if you want to leave that place under your own power, don't show up on a "sport bike."

Cars-R-Coffins
Fri Jun 1st, 2007, 07:16 PM
I live just up the road and I have yet to see a sportbike there this year. ...it's a fun place to hang out though.

PhL0aTeR
Fri Jun 1st, 2007, 11:00 PM
Apparently, if you want to leave that place under your own power, don't show up on a "sport bike."

ur joking right?

JustSomeDude
Fri Jun 1st, 2007, 11:03 PM
ur joking right?

Heckno Techno.

My mom hang's there - she's one tough bitch. :hump:

*GSXR~SNAIL*
Sat Jun 2nd, 2007, 04:37 AM
Heckno Techno.

My mom hang's there - she's one tough bitch. :hump:

I think I've seen your mom there...is this her? Call me silly, but I don't think she looks so tough.

:dunno:

http://www.grenvillestation.com/images/grandma-cookies.jpg

Brat
Sat Jun 2nd, 2007, 08:20 AM
:pointlaugh: mmmm cookies.

dchd1130
Sat Jun 2nd, 2007, 08:35 AM
I was there last week. There was 2 other sportbikes there and no one gave us any problems.

NoCoast_GSXT
Sat Jun 2nd, 2007, 04:27 PM
I love the Platte. I live right by it and I see sport bikes there maybe 2-3 times a week and I pass it everyday more than once. I haven't taken my bike up there yet but I wouldn't have any fear. All the people I've met there have been cool.

quickdraw
Mon Jun 4th, 2007, 02:03 PM
are you seriously worried about getting jumped by some lawyers/dentists playing biker on their 'hogs'??? :slappers:

CanyonCarver
Mon Jun 4th, 2007, 02:06 PM
are you seriously worried about getting jumped by some lawyers/dentists playing biker on their 'hogs'??? :slappers:

exactly what I was thinking. Now there are some Bandino (sp) and hells angles bars I would NOT go in!:hump:

Sortarican
Mon Jun 4th, 2007, 02:39 PM
Love the giant Margaritas.:drink:You could drown a small child in one of those things.

I've been going there for years without any problems.
Sometimes you get a crusty look from one of the previously mentioned R.U.B.'s, but they're harmless.

Hardcore knuckle draggers would probably cop an attitude toward all those weekend warrior pedal jockeys first.
I know they can creep me out sometimes.
Walking around in pasta strainer lids and spandex bike shorts so tight you can tell the bastards religion.:slappers:

I don't need some Lance Armstrong wannabe flashing moose knuckle around me while I'm trying to eat.:puke:

AshliRider44
Mon Jun 4th, 2007, 02:55 PM
I see sportbikes there all the time! Theres a huge parking lot down a hill behind the place, maybe thats why you never see them there?? You can definately leave "on your own power" if you ride a sportbike there, nobody cares!!! You'll have your occasional asshole I'm sure but meh :) Anyway, its a fun place to hang out at, we're there all the time during the summer and also on Wednesday nights after our softball games, they give all softball teams a free pitcher of beer if you have your team shirts on :yay:

Devaclis
Mon Jun 4th, 2007, 03:04 PM
The Toad is better

GregsGSXR
Mon Jun 4th, 2007, 04:50 PM
The Platte has good food and it is a cool hangout....I wouldn't be scared to take my Zuma 50 there. Mostly families and weekend bikers.

MileHighCritic
Tue Jun 5th, 2007, 03:04 PM
I've been there on my Triumph and my Harley. Never had one problem with the other riders. It tends to more cruiser type bikes.

It tends to get busy after work on Fridays if the weather is nice. They have a great deck. So I tend to ride either bike to get a good parking spot.