PDA

View Full Version : clutch

thunderseye
Sun Jun 3rd, 2007, 09:07 AM
ok so once in a while when i'm down shifting i go to press down and nothing happens, if i release the clutch and try again its fine, has any one ever had this problem what is it?

rybo
Sun Jun 3rd, 2007, 09:28 AM
Sounds like you may have damaged one of your shift forks.

A couple of questions:

Does it happen shifting from one specific gear (ie. from third to second) or has it happened in many different gears?

How often does it happen?

thunderseye
Sun Jun 3rd, 2007, 11:33 AM
happens in all different gears. 90 percent of the time its great and shifts without a problem. but once in a while if i'm riding up in say 5th or 6th gear and i come up to a stop light and am shifting quickly down back to 1st it will do it and stick on every gear i'll have to let off the clutch then grab it again and its fine. this only happens once in a while though

seven
Sun Jun 3rd, 2007, 07:53 PM
I have the same problem occasionally. I've asked others about it and no one else had ever had it happen, I thought it was just me.:banghead:

PleasureTool
Sun Jun 3rd, 2007, 08:21 PM
Thats not really a problem. I think sometimes the gears aren't meshed perfectly, esp when downshifting fast and not properly rev-matching. If you blip the throttle and rev match while down shifting this will almost never happen.

It's like how sometimes when the bike is at a stop, and you want to shift from N to first it won't budge untill you roll the bike a little to get the gears meshed.