PDA

View Full Version : Tar chunks stuck to tire?

rider955i
Mon Jun 4th, 2007, 05:22 PM
I have never had anything like this happen to me. I had a doctors apt. and took the bike after getting off 1 25 it felt almost like i had a flat tire this stuff had my tread covered about a half inch thick in areas. I got off at the next red light to see giant chunks of tar stuck to the back tire. I went to the apointment and came out with paper towel and tried to rip it off and it wasn't working very well. So I got sick of it and decided to do a little burnout which worked, but I had the same thing happen before getting on the freeway. It finally came off on the concrete, but it was very annoying anyone else have anything like this happen. It made the entire bike shake and almost caused me to lose it while leaning before I noticed something was wrong. If i get caught doing a tar removal burnout I do not think the bacon patrol will be very understanding either.

denverbusa
Mon Jun 4th, 2007, 07:22 PM
I assume that was tonight and it did get pretty warm today but certainly not warm enough to do that. What exit was it? Do you know where exactly you picked up the tar or what ever it was? On ramp, off ramp East of fwy, West of fwy? I would think the cagers would pick that kind of crap up first. Maybe it was in the center of the lane?

DeeStylez
Mon Jun 4th, 2007, 09:34 PM
That sucks, I had the exact same thing happen to me about a year ago Alameda/Potomac. And yea the feeling of a flat tire and no balance is no joke....

rider955i
Tue Jun 5th, 2007, 12:43 PM
It was right off exit 219 and I 25 then I took grant to 88th and took a Left. In that area. I still have that crap stuck to my tire on the sides a bit I hate tar!