PDA

View Full Version : turbo bike..

Brat
Mon Jun 4th, 2007, 09:54 PM
anyone here got a boosted bike? i was looking for a rebuild kit for my car, and ran into this. its a turbo kit for a bandit 1200, and katana. ive been thinking of putting a bandit engine in my bike but this would kickass.
http://www.mrturbo.com/photo_bandit2.jpg
http://www.mrturbo.com/photo_bandit3.jpg

mushin_man39
Mon Jun 4th, 2007, 10:58 PM
Why?

Brat
Tue Jun 5th, 2007, 07:29 AM
Why? for the powa, my bike has no power up in the mtns. plus itd be a cool bike to cruise around. :D

dchd1130
Tue Jun 5th, 2007, 09:39 AM
for the powa, my bike has no power up in the mtns. plus itd be a cool bike to cruise around. :D

Yeah but by the time you spend the money for that you could just by a bigger bike that would be lighter and have better brakes to stop you with that extra power.

lightning126zp
Tue Jun 5th, 2007, 04:56 PM
Yeah but by the time you spend the money for that you could just by a bigger bike that would be lighter and have better brakes to stop you with that extra power.
Yeah, but Brat wants to save $$ on insurance :D

Devaclis
Tue Jun 5th, 2007, 09:11 PM

I dissagree whole heartedly. There are many things you can do to a bike you love to make it more desireable, to you. Newer does not mean better. Unless you want to buy a yamacan, kawican, hondacan that is just like what everyone else has. (Yeah go GSXR, look, I am origional!!)

mushin_man39
Tue Jun 5th, 2007, 10:16 PM
Why?

Brat
Tue Jun 5th, 2007, 11:24 PM
huh now im confused? :D yeah my bike has sentimental value. i do want a tlr, for a bigger better bike, for me and my taste. but my son used to ride with me on my kat and id like to someday give him the bike if i dont sell it. apparently i have one person who wants to buy it cash and another interested.... i NEED a replacement before i sell it if i do. if not this seems like it would be a cool modification to do to it, bc i really wish it had more power..
in the turns i drive into them and use my momentum to carry me through were other bikes i ride with use the torque theyre bikes make to get them through a turn and i have to brake hard bc they enter the turns much slower than i do.

Bueller
Wed Jun 6th, 2007, 05:43 AM
in the turns i drive into them and use my momentum to carry me through were other bikes i ride with use the torque theyre bikes make to get them through a turn and i have to brake hard bc they enter the turns much slower than i do.
Dude, you should bring it up to IMI, I would love to see you ride that bike to it's full potential. Corner speed is the key to IMI.

PhL0aTeR
Wed Jun 6th, 2007, 06:53 AM
Why?

Why not?

Why?

Why NOT???? :slap:

Flapper
Wed Jun 6th, 2007, 10:23 AM
Bahhh....

turbo lag, turbo kicking in at the wrong time, could be ugly..

there were a few factory turbo bikes, back in the 80s.....

the 80s.. thank god I had a nice military style haircut back then, no pink hair or purple or blue, no funky geri curls or perms.. just a manly military doo..

dchd1130
Wed Jun 6th, 2007, 11:19 AM
Bahhh....

turbo lag, turbo kicking in at the wrong time, could be ugly..

there were a few factory turbo bikes, back in the 80s.....

the 80s.. thank god I had a nice military style haircut back then, no pink hair or purple or blue, no funky geri curls or perms.. just a manly military doo..

Newer turbo systems have pretty much eliminated the lag. I rod a turbo V-Rod and it was smooth all the way through. (awesome ride)

mushin_man39
Wed Jun 6th, 2007, 11:34 AM
Why did they drop turbos from bikes in the first place? If the power is so wonderful, why isn't anyone using turbos in ROR? Trying to chase power with money in an older bike is a money pit. Any 07 with mild mods would spank it.

Mista Black
Wed Jun 6th, 2007, 12:08 PM
RB Racing makes a turbo for my bike (and most BMWs) that'll put it up around 225HP, though I don't see a lot of need for it. It would make the bike a lot less ridable. They make a turbo for the old K1200RS that's supposed to put it up around 355HP.... :shock:

Slo
Wed Jun 6th, 2007, 12:20 PM
Dude, you should bring it up to IMI, I would love to see you ride that bike to it's full potential. Corner speed is the key to IMI.

Coner speed at IMI is very true, definitely not about the power out there as most of the supermoto's can prove.

dchd1130
Wed Jun 6th, 2007, 01:28 PM
Why did they drop turbos from bikes in the first place? If the power is so wonderful, why isn't anyone using turbos in ROR? Trying to chase power with money in an older bike is a money pit. Any 07 with mild mods would spank it.

Some people do turbo new bikes. You don't see them factory because it is one more expense that they don't need. You wouldn't want a 500 HP busa in the canyons or for daily riding would you? The only place it would be any good would be at the drag strip.

mushin_man39
Wed Jun 6th, 2007, 03:01 PM
Brat was asking about more power in the mountains, which probably means low end torque out of corners, which does not equate really well with a turbo. I've seen some people with turbos and nitrous cruise Sonic!

Doron&Katie
Wed Jun 6th, 2007, 03:12 PM
Awesome beginner bike!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brat
Wed Jun 6th, 2007, 03:34 PM
oh you have no idea how bad i want to ride on a track and speed through turns legally! my back tires only new on the edges... stoopid burnouts, i mean front brake locking and throttle getting stuckk..... :D
i go in the mtns for speed through the turns i would guess im at 9k-10k rpms through most turns for the torque... but if i boosted this bike id have to see how it handled with boost before i went ripping up the mtns..... but it would be spiffy i thought....
imi is a goal for me, id like to go but i dont know if i would pass tech inspection.. if they do that.... also im at my wear bars on the rear tire, and damn near new on the edges... thats good for turns right:D i am going to have to get with some of you and go to imi soon. weathers been perfect for it imo.
brat

Bueller
Wed Jun 6th, 2007, 03:49 PM
It's cheap, no tech inspection. You can get race take offs for $50 a set. What is the rear, a 150? I'll bet you can get a 160 on there.
the rest is just excuses. After all the fast talk you just gotta put your $ where the mouth is. :yes:

Mel
Wed Jun 6th, 2007, 07:43 PM
:-| To each their own....if a turbo bike is what you really want, by all means, go for it. Your Katana is a lil older and probably lacking on some power, but do you need to do 120 though the mountains? Can you maintain speed at or above the limits? So, I rode a 94ish GSXR with NOS and a turbo at one point...and can say that it was annoying trying to get any decent corner speed on the bike because if you enter the turn "right" you pull up your RPM's for exit, then the turbo spools or NOS hits, the bike launches, you lose the line, or worse, spin up the rear tire.
And any of the slightly newer, liquid cooled 600's have more power than you would be able to ride.....

Brat
Wed Jun 6th, 2007, 10:40 PM
yep 150, im really limited as to the size on this thing.. this is bigger than what s stock on it.... ia m going bigger on the tire again next tire which at this rate will be next month...
and beotch, nos isnt my thing i had it on two cars and couldnt see it on a bike... as for the turns, well yeah i really enjoy a spirited ride in the mtns. its a way i relax, i go slow enough in town. the mtns are one of my favorite places that the city hasnt really tainted. but i think a turbo would be spiffy, i dont know yet, i will most likely build my own if i do go that route. who knows i just saw it and thought id throw it out on the bb here. :) i saw a newer gsxr somewere and thought it looked nice. i am really curious at how it would feel to ride one.